Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCG runs from Alan Cutler

Featured Replies

Not true, some other reporter and camera beat him through the first door. Cutler beat them through the next 2 doors.

 

OK, he won the initial pace duel. :p :lol:

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe he was eating it up. As I said, I wouldn't put it past Cutler to try and provoke a reaction.

 

Like it or not, however, that kind of aggression in pursuing a story is a big part of what's kept Cutler in the biz for so long. It sure ain't his pretty face.

 

:lol:. No it's not his face that's for sure.

 

I see where your coming from but I can't lay the entire blame at the foot of the fans.

Never said that. Just saying I know why he did it.

 

 

 

As I've said earlier, those reporters are in that facility all the time. Stop acting like they were trespassing.

 

And how is it not the fans' fault? There aren't ghost posters here on BGP and the other sites burning up the boards, are there? Or are they real, live UK fans digesting every single little morsel they can get?

 

Don't get mad at me if you don't like what you see in the mirror. Cutler and all the other journalists are simply doing what UK fans demand and feeding the information-hungry beast that is Big Blue Nation.

 

1) Just because they're let into the building regularly doesn't mean its not trespassing if they don't have an access card and weren't let it (you'll notice their hesitation to enter the first door).

 

2) How IS it the fans' fault? I didn't see anyone pushing him through the door.

 

By your argument it would be the fans' fault if he broke into Barnhart's office after hours and stole all his files. I know you like any angle to attack UK fans, but you're off on this one.

1) Just because they're let into the building regularly doesn't mean its not trespassing if they don't have an access card and weren't let it (you'll notice their hesitation to enter the first door).

 

2) How IS it the fans' fault? I didn't see anyone pushing him through the door.

 

By your argument it would be the fans' fault if he broke into Barnhart's office after hours and stole all his files. I know you like any angle to attack UK fans, but you're off on this one.

 

You're perceiving it as an attack. I'm calling it what it is. Unless you're going to somehow tell me the behavior we've seen from fans on this site and other UK-related sites is "the norm." The UK fan base's appetite for information is the driver in all this, make no mistake.

 

You guys sound like a crackhead condemning his dealer for being immoral and breaking the law. All those reporters are doing is meeting an obvious demand. The fans, bloggers and reporters have been wallowing together in the pit this time, just like 2007.

You're perceiving it as an attack. I'm calling it what it is. Unless you're going to somehow tell me the behavior we've seen from fans on this site and other UK-related sites is "the norm." The UK fan base's appetite for information is the driver in all this, make no mistake.

 

You guys sound like a crackhead condemning his dealer for being immoral and breaking the law. All those reporters are doing is meeting an obvious demand. The fans, bloggers and reporters have been wallowing together in the pit this time, just like 2007.

 

So any action is ok just because the fans demand it? Once again every other reporter has responsibilities yet only Cutler was running the hallways at the Craft Center.

You're perceiving it as an attack. I'm calling it what it is. Unless you're going to somehow tell me the behavior we've seen from fans on this site and other UK-related sites is "the norm." The UK fan base's appetite for information is the driver in all this, make no mistake.

 

You guys sound like a crackhead condemning his dealer for being immoral and breaking the law. All those reporters are doing is meeting an obvious demand. The fans, bloggers and reporters have been wallowing together in the pit this time, just like 2007.

 

IIRC, you are (or were) a member of the media, so I'll just chalk this up to you standing up for your profession. Otherwise you're just being silly.

 

My wife wants me to bring home lots of money. If I rob a bank to do it, is it my wife's fault?

So any action is ok just because the fans demand it? Once again every other reporter has responsibilities yet only Cutler was running the hallways at the Craft Center.

 

I said there was plenty of blame to go around. And Cutler wasn't the only one. You need to find some different versions of the video.

IIRC, you are (or were) a member of the media, so I'll just chalk this up to you standing up for your profession. Otherwise you're just being silly.

 

OK, if you insist. Fact still remains that they do what they do because the consumers demand it. Stop acting like it's not a two-way street.

 

My wife wants me to bring home lots of money. If I rob a bank to do it, is it my wife's fault?

 

That's a heck of a leap there. Your analogy of my analogy doesn't pass the validity test. A more appropriate comparison would be if your wife were demanding you rob the bank.

I said there was plenty of blame to go around. And Cutler wasn't the only one. You need to find some different versions of the video.

 

Is there another video that shows another reporter chasing BCG down the hallway? I'm asking because I can't find another version.

 

I really think your reaching on this one. Cutler needs to take responsibilty for his actions. I think this is the problem with our society nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions they just want to blame everyone else.

Alright I watched the video again and there is another reporter that ask BCG if he thinks the University treated him fairly. He goes on to tell BCG that he is sorry he is just trying to do his job. He follows into the building but stops after one door.

 

Cutler and Cutler alone chases BCG and says something along the line of "your not really going to run from me are you. I can run all day."

 

There to me is the difference. Asking tough questions, fine. One guy shows some compassion, Cutler is giddy and obnoxious. No defense for his actions, he was wrong.

That's a heck of a leap there. Your analogy of my analogy doesn't pass the validity test. A more appropriate comparison would be if your wife were demanding you rob the bank.

 

I'd say its pretty apt, unless you're really saying UK fans are demanding reports literally chase BCG through buidings. (Which they're obviously not, based on the responses here.)

 

I don't disagree that UK fans demand information, but they have no responsibility for the methods the reporters use. God forbid they have to use their own judgement on whether their methods are appropriate or not.

 

You're basically saying Cutler has no responsibility for his own actions. No matter what the circumstances are, that's an absurd statement.

Is there another video that shows another reporter chasing BCG down the hallway? I'm asking because I can't find another version.

 

Check for the one from WHAS. You see Mark Hebert in there with him. Not sure what other reporters were there, but I can't imagine those two were the only ones.

 

I really think your reaching on this one. Cutler needs to take responsibilty for his actions. I think this is the problem with our society nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions they just want to blame everyone else.

 

What exactly should Cutler be held accountable for? Being extra-aggressive in going after a story?

 

I do agree about accountability, on general principle. I just can't figure out how UK fans can condemn a reporter for going after the information they're champing at the bit to devour. It all seems very hypocritical to me.

Check for the one from WHAS. You see Mark Hebert in there with him. Not sure what other reporters were there, but I can't imagine those two were the only ones.

 

 

 

What exactly should Cutler be held accountable for? Being extra-aggressive in going after a story?

 

I do agree about accountability, on general principle. I just can't figure out how UK fans can condemn a reporter for going after the information they're champing at the bit to devour. It all seems very hypocritical to me.

 

Jim, there is a proverbial line for everything. Getting information is fine but Cutler has to understand the situation and act accordingly. I think his actions were over the line and unprofessional.

I'd say its pretty apt, unless you're really saying UK fans are demanding reports literally chase BCG through buidings. (Which they're obviously not, based on the responses here.)

 

I don't disagree that UK fans demand information, but they have no responsibility for the methods the reporters use. God forbid they have to use their own judgement on whether their methods are appropriate or not.

 

You're basically saying Cutler has no responsibility for his own actions. No matter what the circumstances are, that's an absurd statement.

 

Again, you're hanging Cutler for what? Do you think charges should be filed against him? Or does it just make you feel better about yourself to engage in some righteous indignation simply because you didn't like his method of getting something you wanted?

 

All I'm saying is Cutler displayed a willingness to do whatever it took to get a story his viewers (UK fans) demanded. I believe this qualifies as a case of hating the player when you should be hating the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.