March 28, 200917 yr There is a right way, and wrong way to get the job done. Plain and simple AC choose the wrong way about this when he entered the building and started running down the hall. At that point did he really think he was going to get a hot scoop? No, he was making a spectical of himself, for his own self gratification in the name of news.
March 28, 200917 yr What was he even trying to get Billy to say there? Anything. The man had just been fired from the highest-profile position in the Commonwealth. You get any kind of reaction to that firing you can, because that's what readers/viewers/listeners want.
March 28, 200917 yr There is a right way, and wrong way to get the job done. Plain and simple AC choose the wrong way about this when he entered the building and started running down the hall. At that point did he really think he was going to get a hot scoop? No, he was making a spectical of himself, for his own self gratification in the name of news. You don't want to be the best at your job? You don't ever have suck it up and do something unpleasant through the course of doing your job?
March 28, 200917 yr You don't want to be the best at your job? You don't ever have suck it up and do something unpleasant through the course of doing your job? With any job there is a line. He crossed it.
March 28, 200917 yr With any job there is a line. He crossed it. You clearly don't know much about journalism.
March 28, 200917 yr You don't want to be the best at your job? You don't ever have suck it up and do something unpleasant through the course of doing your job? I'm sure every reporter wants to be the best at their job but only one dork was chasing BCG through the hallways of the Craft Center. I think what Cutler did was wrong but I also think he sacrificed his dignity trying to one up everyone else. He looked stupid.
March 28, 200917 yr I'm sure every reporter wants to be the best at their job but only one dork was chasing BCG through the hallways of the Craft Center. I think what Cutler did was wrong but I also think he sacrificed his dignity trying to one up everyone else. He looked stupid. They were all doing it!!!! He was just the lead dog! :ohbrother:
March 28, 200917 yr You clearly don't know much about journalism. Apparently you are the only one who does.
March 28, 200917 yr They were all doing it!!!! He was just the lead dog! :ohbrother: They were? I don't see anyone one but Grocho Marx and his crew in the video. I didn't see Dick Gabriel, Dave Baker, Jerry Tiption, Mark Story, John Clay, or anyone else running through the Craft Center with a microphone waving his cameraman on to follow.
March 28, 200917 yr To me that wasn't journalism, that was paparazzi. According to Jim there is no difference. Maybe he is right maybe all journalist are low lifes and are justified in their actions because the public likes information.
March 28, 200917 yr Apparently you are the only one who does. Apparently, since it seems few people realize that journalism is just like any other profession in that you do whatever it takes to get the job done and meet the demands of your boss/client. In this case -- you, the viewers/readers. Again, the irony of all this self-righteous indignation is comical in the face of how voraciously these same people are devouring every nugget of info about the coaching controversy.
March 28, 200917 yr They were? I don't see anyone one but Grocho Marx and his crew in the video. I didn't see Dick Gabriel, Dave Baker, Jerry Tiption, Mark Story, John Clay, or anyone else running through the Craft Center with a microphone waving his cameraman on to follow. Find a different video than Channel 18's version.
March 28, 200917 yr You clearly don't know much about journalism. I know enough to know that Alan Cutler is bush. Always has been and always will be.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.