March 28, 200917 yr To me that wasn't journalism, that was paparazzi. Didn't this story take on a tabloid quality weeks ago with all the fan speculation? According to Jim there is no difference. Maybe he is right maybe all journalist are low lifes and are justified in their actions because the public likes information. Nice one. Way to oversimplify things. You still haven't answered this legitimate question: Honest question: Do each and every one of you enjoy each and every necessary part of doing your job? Or are there sometimes unpleasant things you have to do in order to get the job done and meet the demands of your boss/client?
March 28, 200917 yr The funniest thing I've ever seen is Cutler's actions at the 1:18 mark. :ohbrother:
March 28, 200917 yr Its flashing across my screen that Gillispie speaks out after dismissal from UK. Check out his comments on CWKYT at 6:00. Edited March 28, 200917 yr by Wireman
March 28, 200917 yr You still haven't answered this legitimate question: Do each and every one of you enjoy each and every necessary part of doing your job? Or are there sometimes unpleasant things you have to do in order to get the job done and meet the demands of your boss/client? I do or atleast try to do the right things necessary of doing my job. There are unpleasant things I do, but I do them the right way and not the Alan Cutler Way.
March 28, 200917 yr Find a different video than Channel 18's version. Is there another version? If so I have not seen it.
March 28, 200917 yr Didn't this story take on a tabloid quality weeks ago with all the fan speculation? So this makes AC's actions ok?
March 28, 200917 yr I do or atleast try to do the right thing necessary of doing my job. There are unpleasant things I do, but I to do them the right way and not the Alan Cutler Way. Maybe an outsider looking in would think differently. I'm sure Cutler would've preferred to do it the easy way, but the source wasn't cooperating. At that point, Cutler probably overreacted a bit, and may have even been looking to provoke a reaction from BCG. What did he care? The guy had been fired.
March 28, 200917 yr Honest question: Do each and every one of you enjoy each and every necessary part of doing your job? Or are there sometimes unpleasant things you have to do in order to get the job done and meet the demands of your boss/client? I do not enjoy every part of my job. I guess I am fortunate that though there are things that I find to be unpleasant they do not force me to act like any idiot on film and lose my what little integrity I have left. To me Cutler seems to be enjoying this so therefore I don't think he was finding this to be unpleasant. He doesn't seem to be the least bit remorseful. Maybe that's the difference.
March 28, 200917 yr I love how Cutler chasing BCG into places he wasn't supposed to be is the fans' fault. Is ANYTHING NOT the fans' fault in your eyes?
March 28, 200917 yr Is there another version? If so I have not seen it. The only version I saw of it was the one Mark Hebert (WHAS) showed during his lead-in to yesterday's press conference. Cutler just got the jump on the rest of the pack.
March 28, 200917 yr The only version I saw of it was the one Mark Hebert (WHAS) showed during his lead-in to yesterday's press conference. Cutler just got the jump on the rest of the pack. Not true, some other reporter and camera beat him through the first door. Cutler beat them through the next 2 doors.
March 28, 200917 yr Maybe an outsider looking in would think differently. I'm sure Cutler would've preferred to do it the easy way, but the source wasn't cooperating. At that point, Cutler probably overreacted a bit, and may have even been looking to provoke a reaction from BCG. What did he care? The guy had been fired. I agree that he overreacted and that is forgivable but Cutler isn't remorseful. He seemed to be enjoying the fact that BCG was not cooperating.
March 28, 200917 yr So this makes AC's actions it ok? Never said that. Just saying I know why he did it. I love how Cutler chasing BCG into places he wasn't supposed to be is the fans' fault. Is ANYTHING NOT the fans' fault in your eyes? As I've said earlier, those reporters are in that facility all the time. Stop acting like they were trespassing. And how is it not the fans' fault? There aren't ghost posters here on BGP and the other sites burning up the boards, are there? Or are they real, live UK fans digesting every single little morsel they can get? Don't get mad at me if you don't like what you see in the mirror. Cutler and all the other journalists are simply doing what UK fans demand and feeding the information-hungry beast that is Big Blue Nation.
March 28, 200917 yr I do not enjoy every part of my job. I guess I am fortunate that though there are things that I find to be unpleasant they do not force me to act like any idiot on film and lose my what little integrity I have left. To me Cutler seems to be enjoying this so therefore I don't think he was finding this to be unpleasant. He doesn't seem to be the least bit remorseful. Maybe that's the difference. I agree that he overreacted and that is forgivable but Cutler isn't remorseful. He seemed to be enjoying the fact that BCG was not cooperating. Maybe he was eating it up. As I said, I wouldn't put it past Cutler to try and provoke a reaction. Like it or not, however, that kind of aggression in pursuing a story is a big part of what's kept Cutler in the biz for so long. It sure ain't his pretty face.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.