Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Featured Replies

First off, I can not say how excited I am for that final drive. Ben or Holmes deserved the MVP. I would also like to thank the anti Pitt fans who have give the respect to the Steelers and their fans, I respect that. Some of you had to hate to do that , but just shows how big of a man you are. :thumb:

 

For JB, Stick and others, cry all you want it just makes you look bad. Sore losers always do.

 

For Harrison, I don't think he should have thrown out, but did deserve the personal foul he got. It is football, that happens a lot more than you think, but just got caught on camera.

 

The last play should have been reviewed, but it wouldn't have mattered with Holmes clearly getting both feet in bounds.

 

I lost money on the game, but it was worth it.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For JB, Stick and others, cry all you want it just makes you look bad. Sore losers always do.

 

 

Pancake first of all I don't care what anyone thinks about me on this website. I speak my mind no matter if you agree with me or not. The last time I checked this is what a Sports website like this is all about. I'm a very very blunt and passionate person. Why do you think I post my real name on here if I cared about people calling me a sore loser. I would hate the Steelers if I rooted for the Pack or anyone else. Now since Football is over I can go hating the Yankees until football season starts up again.

For JB, Stick and others, cry all you want it just makes you look bad. Sore losers always do.

 

 

Pancake first of all I don't care what anyone thinks about me on this website. I speak my mind no matter if you agree with me or not. The last time I checked this is what a Sports website like this is all about. I'm a very very blunt and passionate person. Why do you think I post my real name on here if I cared about people calling me a sore loser. I would hate the Steelers if I rooted for the Pack or anyone else. Now since Football is over I can go hating the Yankees until football season starts up again.

 

True, but that doesn't change my post. You see things as one sided and that is fine, because you always will. Steelers are world champs for the 6th time and none of your whining changes that... :thumb:

True, but that doesn't change my post. You see things as one sided and that is fine, because you always will. Steelers are world champs for the 6th time and none of your whining changes that... :thumb:

 

I'm glad you had to tell me that because I thought with all of my whining the NFL would change the outcome and give the Title to the Cards :rolleyes:

I'm glad you had to tell me that because I thought with all of my whining the NFL would change the outcome and give the Title to the Cards :rolleyes:

 

Well better luck next time... :lol:

True, but that doesn't change my post. You see things as one sided and that is fine, because you always will. Steelers are world champs for the 6th time and none of your whining changes that... :thumb:

 

Tell me how it wasn't one sided? Have you listened to the talk radio stations? Everyone has said the same things about them. I heard someone say that Bob Costas or however you spell it name said Mike Holmgren was shaking his head. Remember his name was the worst of the calls 4 years ago against them. The only play I have heard Steeler fans complain about is the holding call in the end zone. He tackled him. My hatred toward the Steelers has nothing to do with being a Bengal fan. I would hate them no matter what. I stand on how I said they are a dirty team.

Tell me how it wasn't one sided? Have you listened to the talk radio stations? Everyone has said the same things about them. I heard someone say that Bob Costas or however you spell it name said Mike Holmgren was shaking his head. Remember his name was the worst of the calls 4 years ago against them. The only play I have heard Steeler fans complain about is the holding call in the end zone. He tackled him. My hatred toward the Steelers has nothing to do with being a Bengal fan. I would hate them no matter what. I stand on how I said they are a dirty team.

 

How are they a dirty team? Because they hit hard when other teams shy away...

 

 

I even say your post on Joey porter that he is only a Pro bowler because he played for the Steelers? It has nothing to do that he had 17.5 sacks this year. :p

 

Swaggin' Ike Taylor got toasted, couldn't have happened to a bigger twit.

 

Thank you for posting this.

 

"Swagger"... what a moron

I'm not a pro sports fan; particularly not a fan of the NFL so I don't have a passion for or against any team. Heck, I was switching back and forth in the first half watching Death Wish with Charles Bronson, which should give you an indication of how much I cared about the outcome of the Super Bowl.

 

I was disappointed in the play of the Steelers in that I think on several plays they crossed the line. I'm actually more disappointed in Coach Lebeau for permitting/tolerating such. And I don't care where Harrison's punch landed, he SHOULD have been tossed out of the game. Such behavior is not part of football.

 

And please don't say my post is whining: I couldn't give a rat's patootey who won and had gone to bed before the game was over due to in part lack of interest and in part fighting a cold.

I thought the refs dictated the game. That one series when they called a 15 yr facemask as the guy was being pushed out of bounce and there was no jerking was ridiculous. Then they call a roughing the passer when Big Ben(all 260lbs) gets pushed in the back and not drilled. Oh then they throw another flag on a guy who couldnt stop his momentum and actually tried to soften the contact against the holder.

 

3 STUPID WIMPY CALLS just sot he refs could get some airtime.

 

With that said you gotta give the Steelers credit for two things. Making the big play before the half which came back to haunt the CARDS. Also gotta give Roethlisberger credit for eluding the rush numerous times and zinging balls with such accuracy for big plays. His pass to Holmes at the end couldnt have been thrown any better and Holmes' catch was a thing of beauty.

 

IMHO the DB for the Cards, not sure who it was, but he threw the game for them on that last drive. When he dove at the ground on that big gainer to Holmes to get them down near the goal was pitiful. If you watch the replay, Ben is scrambling and they show it from behined the QB. As Ben releases the ball is heading right for Holmes and you see the DB just dive forward on the ground. PITIFUL just PITIFUL.

 

I had not reason to root for either team in so really didnt care but it was both one of the most exciting games played and one of the most horrific officiated games ever.

Pancake you are way off. I'm not a huge fan of either. I like Warner,Fitz,Bodin, Polamalu, Ward and both coaches. I am just given an honest opinion. The refs helped determine the outcome of the game. Their job is to be invisable. 4 drives the Cards were 1st and 20. The Steelers didn't have an answer for their offense. Do you honestly think Pitt would have held them all 4 times with no points. Blatent celebration penalty makes a huge difference in field position on the final drive. I could go on and on. Players/coaches amazing game... officials tainted IMO!

I'm still so ticked off over the officals. The players absolutly laid it all on the field! The officials were so one sided that they changed the outcome of this game IMO.

4 times on 1st down Arz is called for holding backing them up to 1st and 20. That is a drive killer! 3 personal fouls on Pitt's next to last drive. Some bad no calls on Pitt's Oline that were callled time and time again on Arz's oline. The punk move that should have had the player thrown out (although I can handle the big game argument on that). The no call on Holmes clearly celebrating by himself which is a huge difference in field posistion the last drive. 2 won challenged plays (I'm not sure I've seen that much in the NFL!) and last but not least the whole season/career or whatever is on the line.. the officials have been pitiful all night and you don't even go to the booth to replay that last play? Pathetic!

I won a lot of cash tonight. I'm happy for my Steelers friends. I want to puke over the wagon jumpers. I like Mikey T. I'm proud of Arz for their resolve but I can't help but feel a little robbed by the terrible officiating job!

 

:thumb:

One of the most exciting Super Bowl finishes. I didn't really have a dog in the fight since neither team is my team, but even though Holmes won MVP and rightfully deserving, Larry Fitzgerald was by far the best football player on the field. He is going to be one of the all time greats when he hangs his cleats up. He was contained for 3 quarters and then in 2 drives he first gave the Cardinals a shot, and then the lead. Moss might have the most god given talent of any reciever out there, but Fitz is going to be the best reciever in the NFL for years to come.

NFL is a collision sport and he over-matched his man, then gave him the business. Happens all the time but he was caught on TV.

 

Just a hard nosed player, who didn't relent and should have been flagged.

Probably the first time I would have to disagree with you. Harrison's first punch, alright. He should have stopped. It was clearly a punk move on his part and he was probably very emotional. He should have been tossed. When Madden says that was excessive, then you know that it was dirty.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.