Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Featured Replies

  • Replies 221
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 61st reason to hate the Pittsburgh Cheaters.

 

Any true Pittsburgh fan would also say that Harrison should have been ejected.

 

 

OK he should have been ejected.

 

Does that make you feel better?

Congrats to the Steelers. Great game.

 

I love what they did to Ray Jay for the game. The end zones do not have a second level under normal configuration. The areas to the right and left (Buccaneer Cove) of the pirate ship do not normally have stands, too. The place is very loud without the extra seating. I can't imagine what it sounded like last night.

 

Pittsburgh fans! Drink up. Be happy. Thank you for spending all of that money and contributing to our local economy, helping to keep my property taxes down. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

 

Now, GO HOME. :irked: :D

whbja8.gif

 

Thanks for posting the video Mobaar. Personal foul yes, but ejected? NO...

I heard about 5 different talk radio guys today. Every one of them blasted the officials for being so one sided and every one of them thought he should have been ejected. They also all said it was garbage they didn't call the foul for celebrating with the ball at the end which would have put Arz in great field position.

Still can't get over what a great game this was!

I heard about 5 different talk radio guys today. Every one of them blasted the officials for being so one sided and every one of them thought he should have been ejected. !

 

What makes a talk show's opinion "more" valid than others?

I believe years from now we won't remember this game mainly for the catch but, rather , for the drive itself and the plays Ben made. If you go back and watch it, its quite impressive on his behalf.

BTW, on a side note, I see that Ben's sister plays basketball for Oklahoma U which beat Tennessee tonite.

What makes a talk show's opinion "more" valid than others?

 

I didn't say it was but since you ask they have resources we can't touch. About all of those guys talk on a weekly basis with the commisioner, the head of officials, Mike T. etc.

An opinion is an opinion. We all see things differently. Anybody who tries to sell that the officials didn't blow a lot of things in the Steelers favor is absolutly kidding themselves IMO though. That's my opinion and it is valid!:lol: I do give credit to Ben+Holmes on the final drive though.

 

While I'm posting the more I think about it the more I think this might just have been the best Super Bowl ever! I mean you had blown calls, a QB throw for 224yds in the final quarter vs the #1 defense, roughing the kicker but still holding the Steelers, Fitz getting off the 4th quarter, the 100 yd 14 pt swing, a safety, personnel foul + holding calls over and over to extend Steeler drives, the Cards going on defense 1st after winning the toss, the final TD, the no call on field position at the end, the no replay on the last turnover, 2 calls getting overturned etc. It had it all. What a show they put on last night!

 

Arz showed as much resolve as I've seen in a team on that kind of stage in a long time. It really was amazing!

I didn't say it was but since you ask they have resources we can't touch. About all of those guys talk on a weekly basis with the commisioner, the head of officials, Mike T. etc.

An opinion is an opinion. We all see things differently. Anybody who tries to sell that the officials didn't blow a lot of things in the Steelers favor is absolutly kidding themselves IMO though. That's my opinion and it is valid!:lol: I do give credit to Ben+Holmes on the final drive though.

 

While I'm posting the more I think about it the more I think this might just have been the best Super Bowl ever! I mean you had blown calls, a QB throw for 224yds in the final quarter vs the #1 defense, roughing the kicker but still holding the Steelers, Fitz getting off the 4th quarter, the 100 yd 14 pt swing, a safety, personnel foul + holding calls over and over to extend Steeler drives, the Cards going on defense 1st after winning the toss, the final TD, the no call on field position at the end, the no replay on the last turnover, 2 calls getting overturned etc. It had it all. What a show they put on last night!

 

Arz showed as much resolve as I've seen in a team on that kind of stage in a long time. It really was amazing!

 

As far as the radio jocks are concerned, they make more money off of controversy. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

 

I would suggest that fans record the game themselves for super slow motion replay, instead of listening to the experts break it down. What I discovered when reexamining the game was shocking to me. I am a Pitt homer, I must admit, but things did not appear the same as watching it live. I felt the holding in the endzone was a cheap call but replaying it over and over it was not. He drug the guy to the ground at Roths feet. I thought that Harrison was punching the guy, but that was not what happened at all.

 

I honestly can say that I saw no bad calls whatsoever. A few that could have been deemed either way, but two of those three would have benefited Pitt. The facemask penalty was obvious in slow motion, the defender had grabbed the mask, the receiver stiffarmed to the face, but did not grab the mask. The questions that were still there were did Bens knee actually hit, and both fumble possibilities out of Warner. The first one he was hit before the arm was moving forward, and it appears the ball came somewhat loose from his hand and he plays smart and forces it forward with his fingertips. The second his arm is lifting upward to get in position to throw but it was very close.

 

The roughing the passer on Ben appeared to be cheap but he did plant the helmet into his upper back and did shove him downward with his left hand after the pass was clearly thrown, even to him. Was it violent, no! But ive seen much less called many times.

 

My conclusion: I was highly impressed with the officiating during this game after examining every call individually on my own.

Here is the Harrison play. I don't think he should have been ejected.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk

 

I disagree with you I think he should have been tossed but that is just my opinion. Bengal fans know this is the same refing crew who threw out Witworth when Henderson was tearing at his eyes.

As far as the radio jocks are concerned, they make more money off of controversy. You have to take it with a grain of salt.

 

I would suggest that fans record the game themselves for super slow motion replay, instead of listening to the experts break it down. What I discovered when reexamining the game was shocking to me. I am a Pitt homer, I must admit, but things did not appear the same as watching it live. I felt the holding in the endzone was a cheap call but replaying it over and over it was not. He drug the guy to the ground at Roths feet. I thought that Harrison was punching the guy, but that was not what happened at all.

 

I honestly can say that I saw no bad calls whatsoever. A few that could have been deemed either way, but two of those three would have benefited Pitt. The facemask penalty was obvious in slow motion, the defender had grabbed the mask, the receiver stiffarmed to the face, but did not grab the mask. The questions that were still there were did Bens knee actually hit, and both fumble possibilities out of Warner. The first one he was hit before the arm was moving forward, and it appears the ball came somewhat loose from his hand and he plays smart and forces it forward with his fingertips. The second his arm is lifting upward to get in position to throw but it was very close.

 

The roughing the passer on Ben appeared to be cheap but he did plant the helmet into his upper back and did shove him downward with his left hand after the pass was clearly thrown, even to him. Was it violent, no! But ive seen much less called many times.

 

My conclusion: I was highly impressed with the officiating during this game after examining every call individually on my own.

 

The 3 PF on that one drive, 2 were easy calls. The face mask and roughing the holder. The Roughing the passer could have went either way.

 

I agree with your assessment on officals. His knee was down, and Warner did fumble the last one, but the first fumble was over turned correctly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.