February 2, 200917 yr Just for the record and then I will leave it........... I said that the play by Harrison in question was imo a classless and cheap shot play. I did not, I don't believe, say that Harrison was a punk or thug. I am not or was not "whining" about anything, am not a fan of either team and just was voicing an opinion on the bad officiating in this game that went both ways and jmo Zona got the worst of. I have also said that the officiating imo did not decide this game, Pittsburgh won and deserved the win, end of story. Both Coaches are excellent coaches and are class acts. I will also add that K. Warner and L. Fitzgerald are as class of a person that anyone could ask for. Again, congrats to the BGP Steeler fans.:thumb:
February 2, 200917 yr Ok. I found a video online of the Harrison incident. Unfortunately it had some music attached to it that makes it inappropriate to post here. However, there was not one punch thrown. You see Harrison pushing the guy down into the ground and then when he lets him up he gives a hard shot to the guy's chest and knocks him over. The shot was not a punch. It was essentially a very hard stiff arm. There were not "3 punches." It's assinine behavior, no matter HOW you slice it, and it needs to be penalized in a way to stop that kind of stuff: ejection.
February 2, 200917 yr You may think Harrison is a punk and a thug, but a loudmouth he's not. He never says a word. So, when you lump all of that in together to knock him, it clearly shows ignorance to the man as a player and merely opens the root of the hatred towards the Steelers. Also, I think that you can cry and whine all day about the calls, but Polomalu was held multiple times when Breaston crossed the middle to clear out for Fitz. In the event the officials were so one sided as some claim, they'd have let the holding in the endzone go and the Steelers would have put the game on ice much earlier. This officiating issue is tired, but expected from the panel here. I'm very happy for Mike Tomlin, he's a class act all the way, and same can be said for Whisenhunt. Harrison made the play of the game, IMO. The TD return at the end of the half was the biggest play to me. The pass and catch at the end was fantastic as well. But, for me, Harrison's play was such a huge swing...at worst it ends up 10-10 and possibly 10-14...instead in one play he makes it 17-7. I wonder if a defensive player has ever had a better year when you combine his regular season with what he did in the big game...
February 2, 200917 yr Author Let me throw another one in the officiating issue. I thought that there was no discernable evidence to overturn the TD on the first drive, I still don't think his knee touched, you could see a shadow of the knee from the lights and I still say it wasn't down. But that of course would have iced the officiating coup.
February 2, 200917 yr Let me throw another one in the officiating issue. I thought that there was no discernable evidence to overturn the TD on the first drive, I still don't think his knee touched, you could see a shadow of the knee from the lights and I still say it wasn't down. But that of course would have iced the officiating coup. I wasn't expecting complaints about officiating in this game. I thought the stripes were fine. The game was decided on the field...the Steelers made the plays to win the game and the Cardinals didn't. The Harrison TD and the last Holmes TD are the obvious ones...but, Arizona had some great chances to stop Pittsburgh early in that last drive. They gave up about 15 yards on a 1st and 20...and then allowed a 3rd down conversion. Of course, the last TD pass and catch was just a great play...not much to criticize about their defense there. Their coverage was worse on the play before when Holmes let the ball go between his hands. Granted, that would have been a great catch as well.
February 2, 200917 yr Let me throw another one in the officiating issue. I thought that there was no discernable evidence to overturn the TD on the first drive, I still don't think his knee touched, you could see a shadow of the knee from the lights and I still say it wasn't down. But that of course would have iced the officiating coup. I was surprised by that one as well. I thought he was down, but I didn't think there was indisputable evidence to overturn. I know they talk about them having composite angles in the booth, so perhaps that plays a part, but I fully expected it to be three. And what's more, I expected Pittsburgh to go for it.
February 2, 200917 yr I didn't see any calls in the game that were not supported by replay. The only call that I saw the entire game that was questionable was the TD on the opening drive, and I am not so sure they got that one wrong. Was there a lot of penalties? Yes. But, I did not see one that was not a valid infraction. Some I questioned, then when I saw the replay, it was clear that the officials made the right call.
February 2, 200917 yr I watch the game with 3 other people. None of us really cared one way or the other who won (a Colts fan, Jets fan, and two non NFL fans). We ALL thought the refs were terrible with the Cardinals clearly getting the worst. I've never seen two plays that were so clearly forward passes be called fumbles. And to not review the final one was awful. I did hear the commentators say the last play WAS reviewed, but there's no way it was reviewed that quickly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the NFL, all reviews are done on the field, correct? The booth only determines IF it should be reviewed, and if it should, they send it to the field. The only thing there was time for was the booth to look at it and decide to NOT review it. Pathetic officiating all the way around, and it definitely slanted against Arizona.
February 2, 200917 yr I didn't see any calls in the game that were not supported by replay. The only call that I saw the entire game that was questionable was the TD on the opening drive, and I am not so sure they got that one wrong. Was there a lot of penalties? Yes. But, I did not see one that was not a valid infraction. Some I questioned, then when I saw the replay, it was clear that the officials made the right call. :thumb: I didn't see anything that was worthy of real criticism...I think they got the initial TD overturn right. To be honest, the call I least liked was the holding in the end zone that gave Arizona two points...yes, he did hold. But, if you watch NFL games, holding occurs on almost every play. I thought Ben got rid of the ball before the hold ever became a factor. JMO, but I didn't think it was a call that was worth a big debate. It was a hold and they called it. I just question throwing the flag on that particular play when they let a lot of other holds go... In any case, it was decided on the field and the better team won the game. In P'burgh's last Super Bowl, I didn't come away with that sentiment.
February 2, 200917 yr I watch the game with 3 other people. None of us really cared one way or the other who won (a Colts fan, Jets fan, and two non NFL fans). We ALL thought the refs were terrible with the Cardinals clearly getting the worst. I've never seen two plays that were so clearly forward passes be called fumbles. And to not review the final one was awful. I did hear the commentators say the last play WAS reviewed, but there's no way it was reviewed that quickly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the NFL, all reviews are done on the field, correct? The booth only determines IF it should be reviewed, and if it should, they send it to the field. The only thing there was time for was the booth to look at it and decide to NOT review it. Pathetic officiating all the way around, and it definitely slanted against Arizona. I disagree. And, I didn't really care who won either. I was for Arizona simply because I almost always go for the underdog when I don't have a big interest. The refs were fine. The last play was a fumble...the ball was knocked loose before he started his arm forward.
February 2, 200917 yr :thumb: I didn't see anything that was worthy of real criticism...I think they got the initial TD overturn right. To be honest, the call I least liked was the holding in the end zone that gave Arizona two points...yes, he did hold. But, if you watch NFL games, holding occurs on almost every play. I thought Ben got rid of the ball before the hold ever became a factor. JMO, but I didn't think it was a call that was worth a big debate. It was a hold and they called it. I just question throwing the flag on that particular play when they let a lot of other holds go... In any case, it was decided on the field and the better team won the game. In P'burgh's last Super Bowl, I didn't come away with that sentiment. I agree completely, I normally watch a lot of the line play in games and I saw the holding in the end zone as it happened, when I saw the flag, I knew what it was for, but I could have seen the officials letting that one go, but it was indisputable that it was a hold, the only controversy could be should it have been called, I say it should have, but I could see other arguments. But, all in all a good night of officiating in my book.
February 2, 200917 yr I agree completely, I normally watch a lot of the line play in games and I saw the holding in the end zone as it happened, when I saw the flag, I knew what it was for, but I could have seen the officials letting that one go, but it was indisputable that it was a hold, the only controversy could be should it have been called, I say it should have, but I could see other arguments. But, all in all a good night of officiating in my book. I won't argue. But, if I'd been the official, the flag would have likely stayed in my pocket...
February 2, 200917 yr It's assinine behavior, no matter HOW you slice it, and it needs to be penalized in a way to stop that kind of stuff: ejection. If asinine behavior is a criteria D3 kids would be in the NFL in greater numbers.
February 2, 200917 yr I heard somewhere today that the officials got a call from an experienced official during the game. The guy was watching the replay of the Harrison incident and called to let them know what the call should be. They didn't quite express it like the guy did on the phone but here is what he said:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.