Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Featured Replies

That is a broad question. Marvin Lewis does the same thing.

 

Not exactly. You ever hear about the Steelers wavering on whether they are going to run a 3-4 or a 4-3? No. That is a debate in Bengal land every year. Also, the first part of my post comes into play. Tomlin is given the freedom to get what he believes he needs because Dan Rooney trusts him and has a true interest in being a successful football team.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly. You ever hear about the Steelers wavering on whether they are going to run a 3-4 or a 4-3? No. That is a debate in Bengal land every year. Also, the first part of my post comes into play. Tomlin is given the freedom to get what he believes he needs because Dan Rooney trusts him and has a true interest in being a successful football team.

 

I think the original response was because this is only his second year as the coach.

Not exactly. You ever hear about the Steelers wavering on whether they are going to run a 3-4 or a 4-3? No. That is a debate in Bengal land every year. Also, the first part of my post comes into play. Tomlin is given the freedom to get what he believes he needs because Dan Rooney trusts him and has a true interest in being a successful football team.

 

I never questioned your original post. I just stated just about every coach makes a plan and creates a way to implement it. rather it works is the real question, and in Tomlin's case it did.

Harrison should have been thrown out in this game.

Post #4 says it all.

 

 

Just imagine what a great signal would have been sent to the youth of America if Harrison had been tossed out of the game right then....

That interception right before the half. . . :ohbrother::madman::irked:

 

Game changer....

I never questioned your original post. I just stated just about every coach makes a plan and creates a way to implement it. rather it works is the real question, and in Tomlin's case it did.

 

Thats the thing about plans. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. When they do, it is usually because they are better plans and/or they are executed better.

I know Ben has his detractors but the guy is a winner and its not simply because of his D. He's not the classic passer with tight spirals but the guy makes plays and that's what we should be judging him on.

 

Clyde, you're right. I think Ben's ability to break out of and avoid sacks added greatly to Pittsburgh's win. Not just his arm, but his legs/strength allowed P-burg to win.

Brenda Warner - Rams

 

Kurt-Warner-717837.bmp

 

Brenda Warner - Cards

 

10823.jpg

 

She's got a Benjamin Button thing going.

I'm still so ticked off over the officals. The players absolutly laid it all on the field! The officials were so one sided that they changed the outcome of this game IMO.

4 times on 1st down Arz is called for holding backing them up to 1st and 20. That is a drive killer! 3 personal fouls on Pitt's next to last drive. Some bad no calls on Pitt's Oline that were callled time and time again on Arz's oline. The punk move that should have had the player thrown out (although I can handle the big game argument on that). The no call on Holmes clearly celebrating by himself which is a huge difference in field posistion the last drive. 2 won challenged plays (I'm not sure I've seen that much in the NFL!) and last but not least the whole season/career or whatever is on the line.. the officials have been pitiful all night and you don't even go to the booth to replay that last play? Pathetic!

I won a lot of cash tonight. I'm happy for my Steelers friends. I want to puke over the wagon jumpers. I like Mikey T. I'm proud of Arz for their resolve but I can't help but feel a little robbed by the terrible officiating job!

Brenda Warner - Rams

 

Kurt-Warner-717837.bmp

 

Brenda Warner - Cards

 

10823.jpg

 

She's got a Benjamin Button thing going.

 

:laugh:Post of the year:clap::clap:

Congrats to the Steelers and their crazy fans. Have to admit I was rooting for Arizona, but he best Team won the game.

Despite what Madden said Harrison did not deserve to be ejected for his shot to the chest on the AZ Cardinal. If it had been to the head, fine.

 

It doesn't matter he threw a punch. Have you listened to all of the talk radio on the national broadcasts? Everyone has said the same thing he should have been throw out.

And this is why you dont coach an nfl team.............

 

 

And that is why you don't coach on one either. I don't care what anyone says he is a loud mouth and a punk.

I think the reason some of you here are upset is because you hate the Steelers. :lol:

 

It has nothing to do with hating the Steelers. The refs are supposed to be fair when they make their calls. Not the last 2 Super Bowls they were in. Just because I'm a Bengals fan isn't the reason I hate the Steelers. I would hate them if I rooted for the Tampa Bay Bucs or the Saints.

Whatever. :rolleyes: Ring envy.

 

I was laughing so hard at your comment ring envy I almost spit out my drink. The refs are supposed to be fair when they make their calls but not the Last 2 Super Bowls they were in. They should have worn Black and Gold stripes. I was actually rooting for the Steelers when they played the Cowboys back in the 90's. Neil Odonnell threw that game away. You can say what you what about the Harrison play. People can say what they want about Madden but a Hall of Fame coach wouldn't say that about a player unless it is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.