Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Featured Replies

His penalty cost them 1.5 ft.

 

Exactly. So what did they have to overcome?

  • Replies 221
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So was Jim Kelly. And......

 

Did Jim Kelly ever have the #1 defense in the NFL?

 

I said it was impressive. I don't want to get into a Ben Roethlisberger debate. I have nothing against the guy.

  • Author

One thing that I'd like to point out that really impressed me was how Fitz never gave up on the int return for the TD. He got knocked out of play twice and still nearly made a play. He's a beast. And I think that he's the premier receiver in the league, and with the exception of Moss, there's no other receiver in the league that I'd want to throw a money fade in the endzone to. He's a freak.

FWIW, I thought Ben should have been the MVP.

 

They gave it to the most deserving player IMO.

I know Ben has his detractors but the guy is a winner and its not simply because of his D. He's not the classic passer with tight spirals but the guy makes plays and that's what we should be judging him on.

One thing that I'd like to point out that really impressed me was how Fitz never gave up on the int return for the TD. .

 

Almost as impressive and really probably more was #74 huffing and puffing all the way down the field to try to prevent the TD.

What did they have to overcome as a result of Harrison's penalty?

 

I didn't mean as much in yardage, they overcame a stupid, classless cheap shot by Harrison. JMO.

As I also said in my earlier post, that imo did not take away from a great football game, the Steelers deserved the win. :thumb:

  • Author
Did Jim Kelly ever have the #1 defense in the NFL?

 

I said it was impressive. I don't want to get into a Ben Roethlisberger debate. I have nothing against the guy.

okay

They gave it to the most deserving player IMO.

 

:thumb:

You should be happy. But like I said it was a great game but Harrison shouldn't even have been in the game. That is why I can't stand them. They are nothing but punks and thugs! Could you imagine if that lound mouth Joey Porter was still on the team.

 

And this is why you dont coach an nfl team.............

I did it. Couldn't remember the roman numeral for 43.

It doesn't bother me near as much that you did it. I just wanted to give doc a hard time, it is normally so easy.

 

By the way, I heard that doc had some Steeler crocs that he wore during the game for good luck.:popcorn:

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans.

 

How big was the 1st and 20 when Ben escaped (like he always does) and found Santonio for 15 yards?

 

Fitz is unreal and maybe should have been MVP. Also, how could anyone possibly not like Kurt Warner?

 

Harrison is a thug and should have been thrown out. I wonder if Rocket agrees?

 

Great, great game. Upset about the outcome, especially Holmes being the hero, but they deserved it.

I know Ben has his detractors but the guy is a winner and its not simply because of his D. He's not the classic passer with tight spirals but the guy makes plays and that's what we should be judging him on.

Sounds like another QB that always seemed to get things done. Ben's play really reminds me of Favre, I don't know if he has been studying Brett's game, but it seems as if Ben has morphed into a Favre type player.

Maybe I didn't see the play clearly. What did Harrison do to warrant the wanted ejection by many?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.