Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Featured Replies

Great game marred by poor officiating. This is the culmination of a long time trend with this leagues officials. Won't stop until they are held responsible for their lack of competence. As for the game, I uttered a "you got to be kiddin me" after one of Bens escape acts and completion. The guy was just amazing last night.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I still don't understand is why they didn't review the fumble. It probably would not have changed the outcome of the game, but I was under the impression that they would review ANY play like that. They reviewed the freaking Holmes catch that didn't even need it, but they DON'T review the fumble? Seriously?

The one thing I still don't understand is why they didn't review the fumble. It probably would not have changed the outcome of the game, but I was under the impression that they would review ANY play like that. They reviewed the freaking Holmes catch that didn't even need it, but they DON'T review the fumble? Seriously?

 

I thought the announcers said they looked at it. Pretty quickly if they did. I don't get how Holmes doesn't get flagged for celebration after the TD??? It's still an impressive drive and TD play for Pitt. Too bad the game is tainted by the officiating.

It doesn't matter he threw a punch. Have you listened to all of the talk radio on the national broadcasts? Everyone has said the same thing he should have been throw out.

 

If its not painfully obvious that my opinions don't sway with the popular vote stick around for a while.

Ok. I found a video online of the Harrison incident. Unfortunately it had some music attached to it that makes it inappropriate to post here. However, there was not one punch thrown. You see Harrison pushing the guy down into the ground and then when he lets him up he gives a hard shot to the guy's chest and knocks him over. The shot was not a punch. It was essentially a very hard stiff arm. There were not "3 punches."

 

He got what was deserved.

The last play was reviewed.

 

Harrison shoved, did not punch.

 

Steelers won an all time classic.

Great game marred by poor officiating. This is the culmination of a long time trend with this leagues officials. Won't stop until they are held responsible for their lack of competence. As for the game, I uttered a "you got to be kiddin me" after one of Bens escape acts and completion. The guy was just amazing last night.

 

:thumb: I agree on Rothlisburger making plays. I also agree on the terrible officiating, it was imo so bad I don't think that it affected the outcome bc both teams were victims of terrible calls, the one 4th qtr. drive by the Cards had three PF penalties on the Cards. Yes it showed a lack of dicipline on the Cards part but....1. the facemask call, it was a facemask but the defender also had a hold of the facemask, could have easily went against the Steelers. 2. the late hit on big Ben PF imo was the worst, an absolute joke of a call. Like old school Steeler Jack Lambert said...."put as freakin' dress on him". 3. the last PF was imo legit, just as loss of dicipline on the Cards defender.

1. The last play was reviewed.

 

2. Harrison shoved, did not punch.

 

3. Steelers won an all time classic.

 

As I have stated I am not a Cardinal or Steeler fan so my comments/opinion on your post.......

 

1. the last play...catch by Holmes was a catch, no doubt both feet were down.

 

2. :ohbrother: How heavy of Black and Gold shaded glasses were you looking thorugh?:lol: Harrison should imo no doubt have been tossed, absolute classless cheap shot. (that did not however decide the game)

 

3. I agree, imo the officiating did not decide the game, just imo was a terrible officiated football game.

I thought Big Ben was outstanding. He extended so many plays and was able to find somebody open and make some tremendous throws. Warner was also outstanding. Tremendous performance and found Fitzgerald in the clutch when his team needed it the most. To me, this game and postseason did 2 things.

1. Secured Warner as a HOF QB whether he retires now or not.

2. Secured Big Ben as one of the NFL's elite QBs currently playing.

As I have stated I am not a Cardinal or Steeler fan so my comments/opinion on your post.......

 

1. the last play...catch by Holmes was a catch, no doubt both feet were down.

 

2. :ohbrother: How heavy of Black and Gold shaded glasses were you looking thorugh?:lol: Harrison should imo no doubt have been tossed, absolute classless cheap shot. (that did not however decide the game)

 

3. I agree, imo the officiating did not decide the game, just imo was a terrible officiated football game.

I'm not sure how some on here have come away with the impression that we were calling on the Holmes play to be reviewed (which it actually was), but what should have been reviewed was whether Warner was throwing or not on that fumble. Personally, I was stunned that they just accepted it and let Roethlisberger take his knee.

The Holmes catch was awesome but how about the throw from Big Ben. Only one person could catch that pass.

  • Author

You may think Harrison is a punk and a thug, but a loudmouth he's not. He never says a word. So, when you lump all of that in together to knock him, it clearly shows ignorance to the man as a player and merely opens the root of the hatred towards the Steelers.

 

Also, I think that you can cry and whine all day about the calls, but Polomalu was held multiple times when Breaston crossed the middle to clear out for Fitz. In the event the officials were so one sided as some claim, they'd have let the holding in the endzone go and the Steelers would have put the game on ice much earlier. This officiating issue is tired, but expected from the panel here.

 

I'm very happy for Mike Tomlin, he's a class act all the way, and same can be said for Whisenhunt.

I'm not sure how some on here have come away with the impression that we were calling on the Holmes play to be reviewed (which it actually was), but what should have been reviewed was whether Warner was throwing or not on that fumble. Personally, I was stunned that they just accepted it and let Roethlisberger take his knee.

 

:thumb: I agree, I also questioned that one. As I said, Pittsburgh won the game deserved the win. This was just a terribly bad officiated football game.

Great game full of great athletes making great plays.

 

BTW, how does a guy like Matt Millen get a spot on the set with Dungy,Holmgren,Collinsworth,etc. What's his claim to fame- except being the worst GM/Team President in NFL history.

He also has three Super Bowl Rings, that's two more then Dungy. Millen was a great player, and knows a lot about the game.

I'm really disappointed in the Harrison conversation, and frankly, I don't get it. Harrison was a blocker on that play, he pancaked the defender and every time the defender tried to get up, he pushed him back to the ground. That is how he was taught, and that is how every blocker is taught on special teams. The defender then got up, he is now a potential tackler again, so Harrison knocked the crap out of him again, with his hands and arms extended and hands open, in a blocking fashion.

 

The reason this was a penalty, is because the play was blown dead before the last block was delivered. Could Harrison hear the whistle? I don't know, but the block being late was the only thing that he did wrong, it was not the manner in which he hit the defender.

 

Simple football blocking, nothing else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.