Highlands Austin Collinsworth - All American

DMZ76

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Austin!!

Congrats to you and your whole family!!

Keep your head on straight and continue to be a leader in your awesome senior class.

Best of luck to your continued success on the gridiron...

:thumb:

Question...

I looked at http://www.highlandsrecruits.com and noticed that it had Brandon Roller listed as the 2008 district player of the year... is this definitely the case? I would have thought that the district player of the year would go to a senior.

I'm not trying to start anything but why do most people in here think that the player of the yeah and Mr. Football should go to a senior? THe Heisman can go to the BEST player no matter the age or year of college. If Brandon did win that good for him this should build his resume better for college. Again I'm not starting anything just asking that's all?

Brandon did recieve the award at halftime of the state game.

In my opinion,Brandon missed getting a lot more awards by being injured in the Ashland game. You will see that Austin and Brandon will have a huge impact on the field this year as both of them will be seniors. Having Will Bardo at QB ,I would think the birds will have a lot of college scouts watching and fighting over all three of them.They are big time players,on a big time stage!

NOW,have we convinced you that Austin has BLINDING SPEED? :D

No. Unless you're talking about 4.3 or better that ain't 'blinding speed' these days, sorry. Maybe your definition is different.

I'm not saying he isn't a good football player, he obviously is.

When you talk about Mr. Football, the stats are going to really have to show it. It's the system more than anythnig else. It will be extremely difficult for any wide receiver will ever get it, unless he returns multiple kickoffs and punts for TDs, has numerous interceptions and is Deon Sanders like.

He won't be able to pile up the stats to compete with the top backs and QBs, and offensive lineman can't either. You can't tell me there hasn't been a lineman who wasn't the best football player in the state since they've had the award.

No. Unless you're talking about 4.3 or better that ain't 'blinding speed' these days, sorry. Maybe your definition is different.

When you talk about Mr. Football, the stats are going to really have to show it. It's the system more than anythnig else. It will be extremely difficult for any wide receiver will ever get it, unless he returns multiple kickoffs and punts for TDs, has numerous interceptions and is Deon Sanders like.

He won't be able to pile up the stats to compete with the top backs and QBs, and offensive lineman can't either. You can't tell me there hasn't been a lineman who wasn't the best football player in the state since they've had the award.

Oh he will!!!!! :dancingpa

Austin has been running back kickoffs and punts for TD's for two years now.As previously posted by familly tradition,teams avoid throwing the ball his way because he is so good.(you might say Deon Sanders like!) I think Austin had six pick offs as a sophomore.(yes,his sophomore year!)In my opinion,Mr. Football will come out of Northern Ky. By the time the award comes around,there may be a few surprize nominations also. :D

Congrats to the young man.

I have to say however, it kinda stinks that the Maxpreps.com's write up on Mr. Collinsworth leads off with the following:

"Son of former Bengals’ wide receiver Cris Collinsworth, Austin was a first team All-State selection at wide receiver a year after being a second team All-State selection at defensive back."

Certainly being the son of Chris Collinsworth doesn't hurt his status.