Highlands Austin Collinsworth - All American

DMZ76

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No his last name didn't get him this award. What I think got him this award was his excellent pass routes,blinding speed,football IQ, his ability to create seperation,and being able to catch passes in the clutch(remember the catch at the Bryan Station game that won it for the birds?)I forgot,he does kickoff returns and punt returns too,and is not to shabby doing those either.When he doesn't have the ball,he will be throwing great blocks down field for his teamates,because Austin is a great team player. Heck,I wouldn't be surprized to see him working the consession stand at half time.Congrats Austin,great day for Highlands,and K.Y. football.:thumb:

If you would have read my post's that followed the one you quoted, then maybe you would see I agree with you. Chill out.

Stanford likes NKY as that is the 2nd member of this class to receive an offer.

I'm very curious as to what UK does.

It will be hard for the Cats to go one on one with Stanford. I am not sure how you can pass up a chance to play ball for Stanford. They currently have 5 players who are pre-med. That tells you what type of player they recruit.

It will be hard for the Cats to go one on one with Stanford. I am not sure how you can pass up a chance to play ball for Stanford. They currently have 5 players who are pre-med. That tells you what type of player they recruit.

No doubt Stanford is a great academic school. There are a lot of factors though in this decision and I would not say an offer from Stanford is so awesome that I stop considering UK. If you are talking USC, that is a different story because you have a highly rated academic school and a great football school...that would be tough to pass on. By the way Florida is also very highly regarded academically, just a shade below Stanford.

Pre-med will have very little influence in this IMO. Plus, he may want to play close to home so his family can come. In addition, he may want to play in the best conference in America.

Stanford is a great institution but its football doesn't compare right now.

His dad is an SEC guy. His mom is a UK alum. His grandfather played for Rupp. UK will be tough to beat IF they offer.

There are a lot of factors though in this decision and I would not say an offer from Stanford is so awesome that I stop considering UK.

Dude, Stanford is tied with MIT as the 4th highest ranked university in the entire nation behind only Harvard, Princeton & Yale. If my kid turned down a free Stanford education for UK, I'd freaking ... well, better not say it here.

Dude, Stanford is tied with MIT as the 4th highest ranked university in the entire nation behind only Harvard, Princeton & Yale. If my kid turned down a free Stanford education for UK, I'd freaking ... well, better not say it here.

So he should go to Harvard if they offer?

Do you believe that academics in and of itself is THE only priority for players like AC?

Edited by Clyde

:thumb:

Do you believe that academics in and of itself is THE only priority for players like AC?

In the big picture , Yes.

Heck yes he should go to Harvard if they offer. He'd be nuts if he didn't. If the kid develops pro skills while in college, the combines will show it regardless where he plays college ball. If he doesn't develop pro skills, he'll have a Harvard education. Way too many kids choose their college based on playing sports and not for the education. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the academics will play a large role in the college Austin elects to attend.

Heck yes he should go to Harvard if they offer. He'd be nuts if he didn't. If the kid develops pro skills while in college, the combines will show it regardless where he plays college ball. If he doesn't develop pro skills, he'll have a Harvard education. Way too many kids choose their college based on playing sports and not for the education. I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that the academics will play a large role in the college Austin elects to attend.

I will disagree to an extent. I don't think any child should go to any school simply because they are good enough/smart enough to get into the school.

Secondly, you cannot discount the competitive nature of a kid. This nature is probably what got him to the level of athletic ability which allows him to receive football offers.

Smart kids will do well no matter what school they choose. There aren't "bad" colleges. Myrol Rolle proved that by going to Free Shoes University and getting the education needed to make it to Oxford.

Also, lets not rule out the family issue. I assume AC is from a tight-nit family. If he can get a great education, play great big-time football, AND be close enough for his family to enjoy watching him play, why go to Harvard?

If he thinks Harvard is the best choice for HIM then he should go there. However, he should NOT go there simply because its Harvard or because its Stanford.

You have to take everything into account.