Highlands Austin Collinsworth - All American

DMZ76

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Birdflu
I agree. However, I bet the choice will be a combination of academics and athletics.

That is exactly right. If you are an slightly above average talent you go to the school that provides the best education. If you are an excellent athlete, you go to a school where you have a chance to have national recognition in athletics and you can get an excellent education.

That is exactly right. If you are an slightly above average talent you go to the school that provides the best education. If you are an excellent athlete, you go to a school where you have a chance to have national recognition in athletics and you can get an excellent education.

...and we couldn't criticize him for it, either.

Way too many successful people coming out of great schools across the country to say that you have to go to "x."

Four more thoughts on Stanford:

1) John Elway.

2) John Lynch.

3) Number of Stanford alumni arrested while playing in the NFL: zero (OK, I'm guessing, but you get the point).

4) Number of Stanford alumni who played in the NFL and eventually lopped off the domes of their ex-wife & her friend: zero (not guessing on this one).

Hmmm.

• 2 weeks later...
First let me say that I think this kid is really good, and I think that he is one of the best in the state, but not sure if he is of All-American level. not compared to the athletes I have seen get this award in the past few years.

So I am guessing he doesn't make your All-America team. He makes mine, and way better than that he made Maxpreps Junior All-America team and for that Congrats to Austi-Boy!

Dude, Stanford is tied with MIT as the 4th highest ranked university in the entire nation behind only Harvard, Princeton & Yale. If my kid turned down a free Stanford education for UK, I'd freaking ... well, better not say it here.

You are in the minority in that you obviously understand what value a great education has.

Some of these other jokers who don't understand an Ivy League education or a Stanford education versus an education from an SEC school (exception: Vanderbilt), I find comical.

I fully understand that Austin Collingsworth's mother went to UK and father went to Florida, two SEC schools. In my opinion, if both he and Tate Nichols have scholarship offers from Stanford and they can academically qualify (it isn't easy, even for recruited athletes), they ought to STRONGLY consider.

I read somewhere that of appoximately 100,000 seniors playing football in high schools about 200 of them make it to the NFL. That is about 0.2%. My guess would be the percentage of high school seniors who are able to academically qualify at Stanford University is less than that.