Highlands Austin Collinsworth - All American

DMZ76

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the young man.

I have to say however, it kinda stinks that the Maxpreps.com's write up on Mr. Collinsworth leads off with the following:

"Son of former Bengals’ wide receiver Cris Collinsworth, Austin was a first team All-State selection at wide receiver a year after being a second team All-State selection at defensive back."

Certainly being the son of Chris Collinsworth doesn't hurt his status.

I didnt think anything about it. I think it just helps those identify with who the kid is if you don't already know him. Same with Cris Carter's kid, If I read the same thing about him I wouldnt immediately think that he was named to this squad due to his name. I would think, wow, Cris Carter's son must be pretty darn good because Cris was a fantastic receiver.

Anyone notice how bot carter and collinsworth spell their first name Cris?

I didnt think anything about it. I think it just helps those identify with who the kid is if you don't already know him. Same with Cris Carter's kid, If I read the same thing about him I wouldnt immediately think that he was named to this squad due to his name. I would think, wow, Cris Carter's son must be pretty darn good because Cris was a fantastic receiver.

Anyone notice how bot carter and collinsworth spell their first name Cris?

Did you know that Chris Carter changed his name spelling to Cris because he idolized Cris Collinsworth......It's true!

Also another school is in the "I want Austin" hunt........

STANFORD Got his offer friday.

Once again congrats to Austin and his family!!!!!

Come on UK,he is in your backyard:idunno:

Yep, I ran into Cris and Holly at the gym and she spilled the beans. This is great news and Stanford is a prestigious school.

Does anyone know AC's 40 time....his REAL 40 time? After watching the highlight real, he didn't look as fast as I thought he would. He has wheels, no doubt about that. He chased down some guys on D in the clips. But I also saw him getting caught a couple of times by others when he ran the ball. With all the D1 offers coming, he has to have the speed or he wouldn't get the offers. So I have to believe he is 4.6 but I am not sure he is 4.5 speed based on the highlight reel.

Does anyone know AC's 40 time....his REAL 40 time? After watching the highlight real, he didn't look as fast as I thought he would. He has wheels, no doubt about that. He chased down some guys on D in the clips. But I also saw him getting caught a couple of times by others when he ran the ball. With all the D1 offers coming, he has to have the speed or he wouldn't get the offers. So I have to believe he is 4.6 but I am not sure he is 4.5 speed based on the highlight reel.

It says a 4.65 on scout.com.

I wouldnt read into 40 times as much as many want to on here. Austin typifies a quality D-1 recruit. His work ethic is top notch, he has a nice frame that could probably add 15 lbs of muscle, he is lightning quick, great instincts and football IQ and also a fine student. Comes from a very supportive and well rounded family and these are all things College coaches look at when choosing their student/athletes.

From what Sweeperboy was telling us and he was THERE in San Antonio, his route running is fine and he can create separation from the best of the best. Should be a fun ride over the next year.

Also another school is in the "I want Austin" hunt........

STANFORD Got his offer friday.

Once again congrats to Austin and his family!!!!!

Come on UK,he is in your backyard:idunno:

Stanford likes NKY as that is the 2nd member of this class to receive an offer.

I'm very curious as to what UK does.

I believe there was a kid from St. X in OH last year that was a hard hitting Safety and he signed with Stanford as well. I remember his first name was Fred and he absolutely blew a kid up in that game on ESPN last year. In fact knocked his helmet off it was such a collision. That is two kids from this area so you are right Clyde.

I believe there was a kid from St. X in OH last year that was a hard hitting Safety and he signed with Stanford as well. I remember his first name was Fred and he absolutely blew a kid up in that game on ESPN last year. In fact knocked his helmet off it was such a collision. That is two kids from this area so you are right Clyde.

You are correct about the kid from X.

Fred Craig