November 30, 200817 yr TheDeuce All Universe Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: The Ville Posts: 17,386 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UK won't be able to turn it over 20+ times and beat many teams...WVU is one of those teams. Huggs boys by 9. Must be hard to deal with after you made such an awful prediction.... :lol: Not really...WVU wasn't nearly as good as I had given them credit for. UK is still the team I thought they were before last night, but for some reason I thought WVU was better than they are. But if ya want, I'll be sure to point out every time you're wrong this basketball season. :thumb:
November 30, 200817 yr Officials almost let this get out of control. Play was very rough on both sides. The Cats need to get used to the contact if officials are gonna let them play that way. Great comeback by the Cats. They kept scratching and clawing. BCG done a good job with subbing in and out. The more Porter is on the bench the better the Cats are. He just isnt athletic enough. Liggins is gonna play more and more even though he made a stupid decision by refusing to play the other night.
November 30, 200817 yr I was a bit surprised at how often WVU let UK get PP down low with only one man guarding him. There were more than a couple of times where all PP had to do was outwork one player. The other WVU players were out on the perimiter pressuring UK. Why?
November 30, 200817 yr This game will be the turning point in the season for UK. I believe we will see a much improved team once the Louisville game rolls around. This team will compete for the SEC championship. They have improved every single game, there's no telling what the confidence of this comeback will do for the team. I hope that you are right. I dont think that it will be the turning point though. Kentucky Still has no movement on offense and they still struggled everyplay to get the ball up the court and make the first pass to start there half court offense. We are putting allot on the point gaurds who just are not capable of handling it. Porter has no excuse but liggins does and I think he needs to be the one getting the minutes now because he has the potential to become a good point gaurd. In all honesty there is no potential in porter. I will give him credit that he is a tough kid and does play with heart but talent wise he isnt there. I think that Miller is going to be a special player also. I feel that we have some really good players but we just dont have the personel to distribute the ball to them at the right times when they are in position to score. Once these younger players get the experience, I think this will be a special group of young men. I also think that we will see patterson stick around another year because his stock has dropped this year already.
November 30, 200817 yr I think you guys are underestimating how good Miami is. For sure. Beating Miami would be a very nice win and an upset. These were two good wins against 2 second-tier teams in the their conferences. Neither one was very impressive but were good to have.
November 30, 200817 yr I think you guys are underestimating how good Miami is. Like some underestimated Carolina. :lol:
November 30, 200817 yr This is a very good win for UK. We beat 2 teams from major conferences. Neither team was great and UK still has a long ways to go, but it is very important to win games like this. There is still big issues at the point guard spot and Harrelson and Stevenson need to give UK an offensive lift consistently at the other interior spot. Also Patterson needs to keep getting better.
November 30, 200817 yr A Bob Huggins team has trouble running a productive offense? I'm shocked... :lol:
November 30, 200817 yr Nice to see UK fans are louder away from Rupp than they are inside of it... In an arena that holds 18,000 less. :lol: Big win, they needed that bad. That arena allowed the sale of booze...so I think that influenced some of the loudness. I know every UK fan on tv last night was dancing around with a beer. lol
November 30, 200817 yr OK there's two pages on a come back win against a decent team. It was ugly,but it's a win. There would be 4 pages at least if we had lost this game. It's a long season with a young team there will be bad moments along the way, but they seem to be working hard and trying to improve. As has been said before we have one player in the jr. and sr. class that's any good, so I choose to be patient.
November 30, 200817 yr I may be one of the few, but I was actually really impressed in Liggins last night. He made some freshman mistakes but for the most part he did a nice job running the point for us. He is one heckuva passer.
November 30, 200817 yr A good test, but not really. They are a good team, but they aren't unstoppable by any means. The Cats should beat them at Rupp. Not really a good test?? The U is ranked #21 in the nation? So we went from getting embarrassed by VMI a couple weeks ago, to being able to beat a top 25 team easily?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.