Dixie 42 Highlands 12 (Frosh)

RoadRunner

There was no disrespect from the Dixie fans while the kid was down. If there was any cheering going on it was to show respect to the player that was down or maybe to keep Dixie players up as this was a long delay and Dixie had the momentum on their side. I think all the fans on this board need to realize that yes any win against Highlands is a huge win for Dixie at any level. Highlands is the program that all schools in this area inspire to be and the attitude of some of the post on this board seems to be a little sour grapes. As I said earlier the half back pass although was a little much, Highlands was sending the house at the end of the game and both teams still had their starters in the game. Highlands is not use to losing so I guess they just do not know how to do it gracefully. Lets congratulate the Dixie kids on a great win and stop the back and forth that is getting a little out of hand.

You had to keep your team up?:rolleyes:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was no disrespect from the Dixie fans while the kid was down. If there was any cheering going on it was to show respect to the player that was down or maybe to keep Dixie players up as this was a long delay and Dixie had the momentum on their side. I think all the fans on this board need to realize that yes any win against Highlands is a huge win for Dixie at any level. Highlands is the program that all schools in this area inspire to be and the attitude of some of the post on this board seems to be a little sour grapes. As I said earlier the half back pass although was a little much, Highlands was sending the house at the end of the game and both teams still had their starters in the game. Highlands is not use to losing so I guess they just do not know how to do it gracefully. Lets congratulate the Dixie kids on a great win and stop the back and forth that is getting a little out of hand.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I don't have sour grapes at all. I think the freshman coaching staff at Dixie simply used their team's players in the final moments of the game that was clearly in hand to send a message to the Highland's coaching staff. A message that was well received by the way. I agree with you totally that the fans at Dixie at least from my perspective were cheering in support of the Highland's player who was injured.

Edited by tjacobs
Grammer

Thank you for the concern about the Highlands player.

Hopefully you can understand why some people (including me) thought it was an onside kick. The Colonels had just scored via a half back pass (Bruns is a stud by the way) with very little time left in the game while they were already up 35-12, which indicated that Dixie was still trying to score more points on the Birds any way possible. The kick off only went 15 yards (heck it has to go 10 to be an eligible on side kick) and it looked a heck of a lot more like an onside kick than a squib. Put two and two together (and add in some past bad blood between these two schools that we don't need to discuss here again) and its easy to see why logical people could conclude it was an onside attempt; no one was trying to distort anything. But if you say it wasn't an onside kick, but was intended to be a squib, I accept that. It was intended to be a squib.

LN,

I can certainly understand where you and the others were coming from. I wasn't sure what kind of kick it was until I had a chance to watch it on tape and then asked the players. Because some posters were getting fired up over a perceived onside kick, I was attempting to calm the situation with facts before it got out of hand. I did not intend to disrespect you or any other posters with my post. My apologies if there was any misunderstanding.

Edited by NKYMoHo
Brevity

LN,

I can certainly understand where you and the others were coming from. I wasn't sure what kind of kick it was until I had a chance to watch it on tape and then asked the players. Because some posters were getting fired up over a perceived onside kick, I was attempting to calm the situation with facts before it got out of hand. All one has to do is look at the business world of late to see how misinformation can cause major problems. I did not intend to disrespect you or any other posters with my post. My apologies if there was any misunderstanding.

:thumb:We're good.

Bottom line on this game is that, as others have stated, Dixie whipped our tails. Pike is an exceptional frosh qb. Big, strong, great arm and runs well. Bruns runs the ball very well. O and D lines were quicker (way quicker) than our lines. Just another solid frosh class at Dixie.

:thumb:We're good.

Bottom line on this game is that, as others have stated, Dixie whipped our tails. Pike is an exceptional frosh qb. Big, strong, great arm and runs well. Bruns runs the ball very well. O and D lines were quicker (way quicker) than our lines. Just another solid frosh class at Dixie.

I bet Tom can't wait to get his hands on this group. Get them another year under their belt and lookout!

Come on guys why do you have to talk like this, your varsity team always wins and by a lot against many different teams. The Varsity team had nothing to do with the plays made by the freshman coaches.

I disagree with that. I think that Spritzky has a burr in his boot about HHS for some odd reason and you can't tell me that the frosh coaches didn't do that intentionally, however, not upset about it. If our guys couldn't stop it, they we deserve to get beat like that. I guarantee this though, they wont forget it happened.

I bet Tom can't wait to get his hands on this group. Get them another year under their belt and lookout!

Tom hasn't done much with previous freshmen teams when they got to the varsity level. So I say I don't think things are going to change.

After reading this thread I feel the need to chime in because frankly I am about to vomit. The game last night was simply a flat out butt whooping from a team that was extremely motivated and ready to play. If you take away the long touchdown pass to Sheehan, I would say that Highlands had negative yardage. As for the halfback pass, it was certainly a questionable call but no different than when I questioned HHS onside kicks in varsity games when up by 4 or more scores and the game in hand. Excuse was they needed to work on it in game situations. Also, the last kickoff was not an onside kick. Anyone that 'saw' the entire game realized that Dixie did not kick the ball to Jake True one time and after Sheehan ran one back on them they kicked two squibbers.

lol, it's just sort of sad that people are are saying that all because of a freshman football game, that was lost anyways, Mueller might run the score up on Dixie the next time they play. If this is true, and I'd hope it's not, cause he is one heck of a coach, that would be lame and classless. And it's pretty pathetic that anyone in here really thinks that. Why cant Highlands just accept they got beat and take it gracefully? You all beat teams 70 to 6, or 61 to 0...lord almighty. Good job Dixie.