Dixie 42 Highlands 12 (Frosh)

RoadRunner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on whether some key guys were out for Highlands, or was Dixie just that good? Wow...

Now, does this mean that Dixie has to lose and Highlands has to win next week in order for Highlands to get to the frosh championship game?

3 starters went out with injuries...I think Dixie just figured out the Birds offense. When you only run 3 or 4 different plays it is pretty easy to do. Dixie had 8 in the box all night long and the Birds kept on trying to run the ball up the middle...No emotion from the young Birds either..:confused::confused:They have been pretty lucky in two or three games and it finally caught up with them...

Ouch! Maybe some of these Colonel Frosh should be playing varsity?????? Look at this Elliott kid from Ryle. I am watching him tear it up against Conner on FSN Ohio. Wish we could get a Bluebird game on there. I could do without Lapp and Brad though. Elliott is a solid Frosh. Maybe more teams could look at that. Why not? If there is a kid that is skilled enough and has the size, let them do double-duty. Just from the height alone, I would say Pike would be a good kid to have on the Dixie varsity sideline. Hmmmmm.......Couldn't hurt Spritz, give it a shot. By the way, kudos to Dixie Frosh for beating a pretty solid HHS team. Sounds like the Colonels will be good in the next few years. Guess we better look out.

3 starters went out with injuries...I think Dixie just figured out the Birds offense. When you only run 3 or 4 different plays it is pretty easy to do. Dixie had 8 in the box all night long and the Birds kept on trying to run the ball up the middle...No emotion from the young Birds either..:confused::confused:They have been pretty lucky in two or three games and it finally caught up with them...

I don't know much about the specifics of football (especially frosh football)... is it normal for a team to only have 3-4 different offensive plays in the arsenal???

I don't know much about the specifics of football (especially frosh football)... is it normal for a team to only have 3-4 different offensive plays in the arsenal???

Not it is not normal. I believe that may have been a slight fabrication of the truth. I know for a fact that when I played Frosh for coach Barr we had alteast 10 different plays. 20 if you count running them to each side.

Could some of the Highlands fans give me a rundown of some of the key players for the Highlands frosh team this year, and what position(s) they play? How good a QB is the New boy? I've also heard that there's some kid named True who's very good.

Dixie has a very nice squad. Pike throws the ball very well; has a strong arm; and runs the ball well. Nice linemen on both sides of the ball. Also have some nice running backs. Just another solid frosh squad for Dixie. They've had several in a row.

They outplayed be Birds on O and D. Highlands could have had 100 plays in the play book and it wouldn't have mattered. If you don't block, you don't win. Its plain and simple. And we didn't block.

I did get a kick out of the half back pass for a td thrown by Dixie with approx a minute left, leading 35-12 and particularly enjoyed the subsequent on side kick attempt by Dixie. No complaints by me because its our job to stop them. Hopefully these frosh Birds will respond to what has to have been a pretty painful loss for them. I think they will.

Congratulations Dixie on an impressive performance. You really dominated both sides of the ball. The halfback pass while you were up 30 something to 12 with a couple of minutes left and the onside kick with 40 seconds left were pretty gutsy calls. You were certainly well within your 1st Amendment football rights to make those calls. But we know speech isn’t really free and there is a price to pay sometimes for what we say or do. You won and you have a good freshman team, but as an old ball coach once said, “Act like you've been there.”

Edited by bjim
Punctuation

Congratulations Dixie on an impressive performance. You really dominated both sides of the ball. The halfback pass while you were up 30 something to 12 with a couple of minutes left and the onside kick with 40 seconds left were pretty gutsy calls. You were certainly well within your 1st Amendment football rights to make those calls. But we know speech isn’t really free and there is a price to pay sometimes for what we say or do. You won and you have a good freshman team, but as an old ball coach once said, “Act like you've been there.”

Goes both ways, bjim.

That is what you call "get it while you can" because they will continue to get thumped at the Varsity level and I can gurantee you wont see that kind of stuff there. That Dixie program over there is underachieving if you ask me. Great facilities and tons of kids to choose from and cant seem to get over the hump. Maybe this Frosh class can start something big and maybe give the future Varsity Birds some competetive games.

I wasnt at the game but I can tell you that the Birds do run a lot of the same plays and True gets most of those carries so I am sure they were keying on him. Blocking and tackling is the name of the game and if you dont do those you certainly can get thumped.

Lick your wounds and come out firing next week Birds.

Did those turn of events really happen. That's impressive!!!!!:ylsuper: So what week does the varsity Dixie return to Highlands in the playoffs.:D I'd better start making loads now.:D