Dixie 42 Highlands 12 (Frosh)

RoadRunner

If you are talking varsity: extremely unlikely but possible. Dixie would have to win its first two playoff games (including beating Johnson Central, most likely, in the second game), before a rematch.

Don't think this is correct. Assuming Dixie finished 3rd in the NKY district, they would play on the road against the other district's #2 seed. The winner of that game would play the winner of Highlands/#4 seed winner. In this scenario, Dixie would not have to play JC.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think this is correct. Assuming Dixie finished 3rd in the NKY district, they would play on the road against the other district's #2 seed. The winner of that game would play the winner of Highlands/#4 seed winner. In this scenario, Dixie would not have to play JC.

I hate to say this but I think your right...:lol::lol:

You may be right, but the way I interpreted the attached link led me to conclude that if we win our first game, we'll play the winner of our 2 vs. their 3 in the second game. http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf. And I think CovCath will be our 2 seed. If I've interpreted it wrongly and our second game is vs the winner of their 2 vs our 3 (Dixie) than we could end up playing Dixie. Anyone know for certain how to interpret the link?

You may be right, but the way I interpreted the attached link led me to conclude that if we win our first game, we'll play the winner of our 2 vs. their 3 in the second game. http://www.khsaa.org/football/playoffpairings.pdf. And I think CovCath will be our 2 seed. If I've interpreted it wrongly and our second game is vs the winner of their 2 vs our 3 (Dixie) than we could end up playing Dixie. Anyone know for certain how to interpret the link?

I don't have this "official" quite yet, but it appears I was wrong. As I understand it, if we win our first game, we'll play the winner of the first round game involving their 2 vs our 3. So assuming we win our first game and Dixie, our 3, and beats their 2, we'll play Dixie in the second round. If I get it official, I'll let folks know. Sorry for the false info on my part.

I don't have this "official" quite yet, but it appears I was wrong. As I understand it, if we win our first game, we'll play the winner of the first round game involving their 2 vs our 3. So assuming we win our first game and Dixie, our 3, and beats their 2, we'll play Dixie in the second round. If I get it official, I'll let folks know. Sorry for the false info on my part.

:eek:

You could have just asked me or Raiderbird...