Dixie 42 Highlands 12 (Frosh)

RoadRunner

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Colonels! I remember their frosh team gave the undefeated Highlands Freshman team a fantastic game in 2004. It came down to one gutsy drive by the Birds to pull that one out. Dixie has certainly put together a string of solid frosh teams the past few years. What happens when they move up to JV and Varsity? All that talent seems to get wasted at the next level. Is there a lot of attrition after freshman year at Dixie?

After reading this thread I feel the need to chime in because frankly I am about to vomit. The game last night was simply a flat out butt whooping from a team that was extremely motivated and ready to play. If you take away the long touchdown pass to Sheehan, I would say that Highlands had negative yardage. As for the halfback pass, it was certainly a questionable call but no different than when I questioned HHS onside kicks in varsity games when up by 4 or more scores and the game in hand. Excuse was they needed to work on it in game situations. Also, the last kickoff was not an onside kick. Anyone that 'saw' the entire game realized that Dixie did not kick the ball to Jake True one time and after Sheehan ran one back on them they kicked two squibbers.

What took you so long to post?

Any chance the two teams will get to play in the playoffs?

If you are talking varsity: extremely unlikely but possible. Dixie would have to win its first two playoff games (including beating Johnson Central, most likely, in the second game), before a rematch.

If you are talking frosh: no. Both are in the east bracket. Only one makes it to the championship.

If you are talking varsity: extremely unlikely but possible. Dixie would have to win its first two playoff games (including beating Johnson Central, most likely, in the second game), before a rematch.

If you are talking frosh: no. Both are in the east bracket. Only one makes it to the championship.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they switched the playoff format to cut down on travel a couple of years ago. Highlands would face Holmes in round 1 and the Colonels would square off with the winners of each game playing the next round. That's how it was last year, at least.

Correct me if I am wrong, but they switched the playoff format to cut down on travel a couple of years ago. Highlands would face Holmes in round 1 and the Colonels would square off with the winners of each game playing the next round. That's how it was last year, at least.

They switched back to playing across sister districts again this year.