Ryle 34 Holy Cross 21

I said it before the season, I said it two weeks ago, I will say it again. Move Roenker to QB and Walker to RB/WR/TE. Spread the field, use the shotgun, let Roenker run the ball, pass the ball. Get the ball into Walker's hands as much as possible. One thing is for sure...1 & 4 is not were you expected to be. This is the perfect time to do it. You have Llyod next, forget about Beechwood, and Newport in a couple of weeks. There is still time to turn this season around and build for next year. If not, things won't be any better next year.

:lol: Shotgun..I wish they would but we all know they wont.

Yea I agree, Markel didnt have a good game. He looked a lot different agaisnt NCC.

But wow, Holy Cross play calling last night was bad. I dont think they have ever tried to throw the ball on 1st down. I dont understand why they would run the ball on a 3rd and 8.

Ryle played great. Elliot is a STUD. The QB #4 can throw and has some great pocket presence.

Ryle won a game they should have won. And there wasn't a point in the game until the last two minutes where HC didn't have a chance to win. I would hardly call it playing great. Still not understanding what they're doing on offense. Why do you throw to gain a yard on a 4th down when they're kids wide open down the field? Where are the second and third options?

Ryle won a game they should have won. And there wasn't a point in the game until the last two minutes where HC didn't have a chance to win. I would hardly call it playing great. Still not understanding what they're doing on offense. Why do you throw to gain a yard on a 4th down when they're kids wide open down the field? Where are the second and third options?

I would..Thought they did.

I think they've established a very, very nice running game that is their bread and butter and the Eubanks/Elliott combo is a lethal one. The passing game is adequate, but still a bit curious to me. I am amazed at the number of 1 and 2 yard passes they throw. They threw the ball long twice last night and it resulted in a TD one time and was almost caught the other time. The paper said they had 21 completions (which I find hard to believe) for 150 yards. Almost half of that yardage came on two passes (one of which was simply a short bubble screen that the WR had 19 YAC). That means that 19 other passes netted about 80 yards. I would guess at least a dozen of those passes gained 2-3 yards or less and consisted almost entirely of bubble screens, passes to flats, and dump offs to TE. When they throw downfield, it is basically just a sprint by the WR. You just don't ever see them throw a 20 yard post, flag, or timing pattern. Not that the dink and dunk attack is wrong, but I guess I just find it somewhat curious.

Oh well, whatever works. The bottomline is that they're winning, having fun, and the defense continues to look solid (though this game was not their best effort). Keep up the good work Raiders. :thumb:

I said it before the season, I said it two weeks ago, I will say it again. Move Roenker to QB and Walker to RB/WR/TE. Spread the field, use the shotgun, let Roenker run the ball, pass the ball. Get the ball into Walker's hands as much as possible. One thing is for sure...1 & 4 is not were you expected to be. This is the perfect time to do it. You have Llyod next, forget about Beechwood, and Newport in a couple of weeks. There is still time to turn this season around and build for next year. If not, things won't be any better next year.

You are singing to the choir my friend.. People on HC boards have been saying this for a long long time. The only passing game was the HB option pass.... Something has got to change.

I think Jerry Reardon should be calling the plays. Last yr. HC JV played Ryle and beat them pretty good by throwing the ball, not running the ball on 3rd and 10. Jerry was calling the plays. They could be a better team if Koz would coach the lines and let Jerry do the play calling. I hope every week a coach will read these posts from HC's concerned fans and make some changes.

I still say why. With Marcel running the option he can still make those moves he is now and still throw the ball. But Roenker isn't the kind of back that jukes out his oppentent much less anyone, he is the back the runs people down and gets those yards needed on 3rd and 3. Marcel as allusive as he is is much m,ore help around the side on a speed opition. Along with Andy still passing the ball by surprise on the half back pass. You can't disagree with me here.

I still say why. With Marcel running the option he can still make those moves he is now and still throw the ball. But Roenker isn't the kind of back that jukes out his oppentent much less anyone, he is the back the runs people down and gets those yards needed on 3rd and 3. Marcel as allusive as he is is much m,ore help around the side on a speed opition. Along with Andy still passing the ball by surprise on the half back pass. You can't disagree with me here.

It's not really a secret anymore HC likes to pass with the HB, Roenker is one of those players and he would do just as good at QB as at HB. Markel is gonna make the team more plays on the edge beacause he is more elusive, and you would still have Andy as a threat to scramble. But JMO.

And why is it that Walker can't make those same kind of ellusive moves from the tailback position? He doesn't appear to throw very well on the run, so maybe it would be much more beneficial to have a pocket-type passer like Roenker instead of commiting yourself to constant QB rollouts. By the way, from what I saw, you don't really run an option. When your QB rolls left or right, he had no trailer to pitch to and kept the ball every single time - as I believe the play was designed.

Why? Because it's not working, the only pass MarKel completed all night was a dump off to Roenker 3 feet from him. Markel was a man while running putting up 20 carries for 161, but 1 for 15 passing. Andy's arm is much more accurate, just as strong, and he has a better grasp on what needs to be done when dropping back in the pocket. If we continue to run up the middle with Andy, and the very tight to the line option with Markel, teams(as some have already) are literally going to put 8 and 9 men in the box on every play.

And why is it that Walker can't make those same kind of ellusive moves from the tailback position? He doesn't appear to throw very well on the run, so maybe it would be much more beneficial to have a pocket-type passer like Roenker instead of commiting yourself to constant QB rollouts. By the way, from what I saw, you don't really run an option. When your QB rolls left or right, he had no trailer to pitch to and kept the ball every single time - as I believe the play was designed.

:thumb: Somebody other than myself and a few other HC fans is finally seeing the light.

The question is can HC's line block well enough to have a pocket passer and for him to be effective? Roenker is no doubt a better passer, but Andy is the best player on the team no matter what position you have him in. Does he make you better at the QB position on a team that doesn't pass the ball much and might not be able to give him the time to drop back and throw, or does he help you by giving you another great runner to go along with Markel? I understand the argument that everyone is making... I'm just thinking from a perspective of what this team's philosphies are. I really don't know which is the better option, but I think the playcalling needs to be adjusted either way.

The question is can HC's line block well enough to have a pocket passer and for him to be effective? Roenker is no doubt a better passer, but Andy is the best player on the team no matter what position you have him in. Does he make you better at the QB position on a team that doesn't pass the ball much and might not be able to give him the time to drop back and throw, or does he help you by giving you another great runner to go along with Markel? I understand the argument that everyone is making... I'm just thinking from a perspective of what this team's philosphies are. I really don't know which is the better option, but I think the playcalling needs to be adjusted either way.

The line was not the question.. HC's O-line has been a wall the past couple games. if there are sacks the are usually caused by the QB not staying in the pocket.