Ryle 34 Holy Cross 21

Ryle's rushing attack once again looked very strong. This time it was Travis Elliott who handled the bulk of the ball carrying and ran very well. Ryle's offensive line really seems to have come together nicely the past few weeks. Passing offense was so-so. They did complete a long TD pass, which is something we've seen little of by Ryle this year. Ryle defense gave up a bit more than expected. Gus Murray (strong safety) not playing due to injury no doubt had an effect, though much credit must go to HC's Walker and Roenker. Walker is a nice runner. After seeing HC I can now understand what some of the complaints are about their offense by some of the HC faithful. Very, very one dimensional. They essentially have no passing game whatsoever except when they throw a halfback option pass. Can't help but wonder if it would make more sense to put Roenker at QB and Walker at tailback.

Glad to hear #3 seems to be doing okay. Keep us updated.

Ryle's rushing attack once again looked very strong. This time it was Travis Elliott who handled the bulk of the ball carrying and ran very well. Ryle's offensive line really seems to have come together nicely the past few weeks. Passing offense was so-so. They did complete a long TD pass, which is something we've seen little of by Ryle this year. Ryle defense gave up a bit more than expected. Gus Murray (strong safety) not playing due to injury no doubt had an effect, though much credit must go to HC's Walker and Roenker. Walker is a nice runner. After seeing HC I can now understand what some of the complaints are about their offense by some of the HC faithful. Very, very one dimensional. They essentially have no passing game whatsoever except when they throw a halfback option pass. Can't help but wonder if it would make more sense to put Roenker at QB and Walker at tailback.

Glad to hear #3 seems to be doing okay. Keep us updated.

I was thinking the same thing. I think they could very much improve their offense by moving the QB to RB. They would still have the running back pass play. The QB had a very strong arm, but no accuracy. He was a very impressive runner, but that was all they had.

Ryle is really starting to put things together at the right time. Defense looked a little shaky, but I think they just could not react in time to stop the QB. Everything else they stopped.The next two years for Ryle will be very exciting to watch. They have a lot of talented young players. Elliott is only a Freshman and runs like an experienced senior.

I was thinking the same thing. I think they could very much improve their offense by moving the QB to RB. They would still have the running back pass play. The QB had a very strong arm, but no accuracy. He was a very impressive runner, but that was all they had.

Ryle is really starting to put things together at the right time. Defense looked a little shaky, but I think they just could not react in time to stop the QB. Everything else they stopped.The next two years for Ryle will be very exciting to watch. They have a lot of talented young players. Elliott is only a Freshman and runs like an experienced senior.

Now why would you do that mid season? Marcel is throwing on target. Just sometimes doesn't get that lucky catch he needs every now and then to keep him going. Plus I don't beleive Andy Roenker has a negative rushing yard all year.

Now why would you do that mid season? Marcel is throwing on target. Just sometimes doesn't get that lucky catch he needs every now and then to keep him going. Plus I don't beleive Andy Roenker has a negative rushing yard all year.

I'll assume you were not at the game last night. He was off target on just about every single pass and also seems to lack touch on many of his throws. He's a fantastic runner, though. As a tailback, he'd still be the main rusher. With Roenker as QB, you'd have someone with a strong, accurate arm. Plus, I was a bit surprised at the relatively few number of carries Roenker was given anyways. Why do it mid-season? It's not all that complicated of a change, as they should both know the offensive plays quite well and it would give their offense a different look and threat. Frankly, their offense is not all that hard to figure out - Roenker up middle, Walker keeper left, Walker keeper right . . .

I'll assume you were not at the game last night. He was off target on just about every single pass and also seems to lack touch on many of his throws. He's a fantastic runner, though. As a tailback, he'd still be the main rusher. With Roenker as QB, you'd have someone with a strong, accurate arm. Plus, I was a bit surprised at the relatively few number of carries Roenker was given anyways. Why do it mid-season? It's not all that complicated of a change, as they should both know the offensive plays quite well and it would give their offense a different look and threat. Frankly, their offense is not all that hard to figure out - Roenker up middle, Walker keeper left, Walker keeper right . . .

Yes, I was at the game. From what I could see either Marcel was forced to throw on the run, which then is when he was yes not to accurate. Or when he did get it to the receiver they couldn't hold on. Also I think leaving Marcel at Quarterback is the spark that HC offense needs.Plus you can't base his performance on one game. He was obviously focused on running the ball because he is a play-maker and that was what was working that night with running all those options.

I said it before the season, I said it two weeks ago, I will say it again. Move Roenker to QB and Walker to RB/WR/TE. Spread the field, use the shotgun, let Roenker run the ball, pass the ball. Get the ball into Walker's hands as much as possible. One thing is for sure...1 & 4 is not were you expected to be. This is the perfect time to do it. You have Llyod next, forget about Beechwood, and Newport in a couple of weeks. There is still time to turn this season around and build for next year. If not, things won't be any better next year.

Yes, I was at the game. From what I could see either Marcel was forced to throw on the run, which then is when he was yes not to accurate. Or when he did get it to the receiver they couldn't hold on. Also I think leaving Marcel at Quarterback is the spark that HC offense needs.Plus you can't base his performance on one game. He was obviously focused on running the ball because he is a play-maker and that was what was working that night with running all those options.

Yea I agree, Markel didnt have a good game. He looked a lot different agaisnt NCC.

But wow, Holy Cross play calling last night was bad. I dont think they have ever tried to throw the ball on 1st down. I dont understand why they would run the ball on a 3rd and 8.

Ryle played great. Elliot is a STUD. The QB #4 can throw and has some great pocket presence.