Best Pitcher In NKY

CCH24

Isler was consistanly clocked last season at 87-89. Nutini was clocked at 82- 84mph. Not sure about the others.

They have radar guns at Cov Cath? BTW, Isler is an impressive pitcher and I saw him throw a half a dozen times last year, but he was not throwing 87-89 consistantly. That means he was averaging 88 miles an hour on 80% of his fastballs thrown...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that the Chuckwagon (Smith) consistantly hit 86-88 at Murray State this Saturday.

Again, another good looking pitcher... although it is one thing to hit that on the radar gun a few times over 20-25 pitches, but consistant is at least 80% of the time. To show you how throwing the hardest means little, just look at the pitcher most folks think may be the best heading into the season, Jeramie Conner. I don't think he is considered overpowering, but he mixes well and hits his spots.

Again, another good looking pitcher... although it is one thing to hit that on the radar gun a few times over 20-25 pitches, but consistant is at least 80% of the time. To show you how throwing the hardest means little, just look at the pitcher most folks think may be the best heading into the season, Jeramie Conner. I don't think he is considered overpowering, but he mixes well and hits his spots.

Great point everyone is caught up on speed but.....3/4 pitches for strikes at 80 is much more useful. Jeramie Connor will probably #1 preseason. Look for a big year from Schuttleworth at Conner as well.

I would say EJ probably can throw about 80 but not consistently he has great off-speed stuff. He will not over-power anyone but hits spots good. He will probably be Scotts #1 in 09 with Hiller #2 and Sparks #3 and Sowder #4 but who knows anything can happen between now and then this is just my opinion after watching these guys pitch last year.

They have radar guns at Cov Cath? BTW, Isler is an impressive pitcher and I saw him throw a half a dozen times last year, but he was not throwing 87-89 consistantly. That means he was averaging 88 miles an hour on 80% of his fastballs thrown...

I agree.

For the Kentucky Colonels he was throwing 85ish. He topped out this year at 87 for them.

Now for Nutini, he topped at 84 over the year, but did not consistently throw that.

Consistently he threw about 80-82.

I think alot of stats, especially how a hard a pitcher throws, get a little overblown by some people.

Just to shed some light on that, alot of people considered Matt Nichols to have the strongest arm among pitchers last year. It was indeed true but on the gun this year, he only threw about 85-87. He topped at 91 for the year. I had heard some people saying he was throwing consistently 89, 90 for the year and it just wasn't the case.

I would say EJ probably can throw about 80 but not consistently he has great off-speed stuff. He will not over-power anyone but hits spots good. He will probably be Scotts #1 in 09 with Hiller #2 and Sparks #3 and Sowder #4 but who knows anything can happen between now and then this is just my opinion after watching these guys pitch last year.

As for EJ, yes he threw about 80 consistently last year with a curveball at about 70. EJ has gotten a lot better over the summer for the Colonels. He was able to develop his change-up and thus he should be more efffective this upcoming high school season.

IMO, I think the change-up is crucial for every young man to learn. I think lately its been discarded and seldom used.

I think with one full year of rehab behind him, Isler will be throwing the ball harder this season, but you are correct I would rather have a kid move the ball all over the plate than to constantly try to blow it past you! Speed is what a thrower does, hitting the corners and moving the ball around is what a pitcher does! Huge difference between the two!

I would say that yes Pendleton County is in N KY even though they are in the 10th region. Wouldnt most of you agre that Simon Kenton is in N KY even though they are in the 8th region. I dont see a difference myself.

SK is also in Kenton County which is one of the three northern-most counties in the state (with Campbell and Boone) so what you say makes no sense whatsoever.