Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Harlan Co be 3A or 5A?

Featured Replies

North and South Laurel are both just over 1,200 students and are 5A. Harlan will be 5A next year when the schedules cycle and all be right with the world. ;)

 

They'll only be in a district with North Laurel. South makes the trek to Lincoln, Mercer, Pulaski and Southwestern...for some reason!

  • Replies 129
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember it. I just wasn't home much to watch it. I was roaming around EKU in those days while you were in middle/high school.

They'll only be in a district with North Laurel. South makes the trek to Lincoln, Mercer, Pulaski and Southwestern...for some reason!

 

Somebody in Laurel County has incriminating photos of someone at the KHSAA.

They'll only be in a district with North Laurel. South makes the trek to Lincoln, Mercer, Pulaski and Southwestern...for some reason!

 

Somebody in Laurel County has incriminating photos of someone at the KHSAA.

 

It's just about like Pulaski and Southwestern being in different districts in basketball--it just doesn't make any sense.

The Pulaski situation is a little more difficult to fix from what I've seen. It would be easy to put the Laurels together, as they should be.

I remember it. I just wasn't home much to watch it. I was roaming around EKU in those days while you were in middle/high school.

 

Come on HDE I was roaming around EKU in the 90's and still found time to earn a degree and stay up late and watch TV. Especially Sanford and Son on TV Land. I miss Blair almost as much as I have missed Football these last few months.

Come on HDE I was roaming around EKU in the 90's and still found time to earn a degree and stay up late and watch TV. Especially Sanford and Son on TV Land. I miss Blair almost as much as I have missed Football these last few months.

 

 

 

Blair might have been more interesting in a different show.

 

I'm an old guy. We didn't have TV Land or cable when I was at Eastern. We had three channels with an antenna. Where is Outlaw Coach to back me up?

Blair might have been more interesting in a different show.

 

I'm an old guy. We didn't have TV Land or cable when I was at Eastern. We had three channels with an antenna. Where is Outlaw Coach to back me up?

 

3 channels if you were lucky. It didnt matter for me though. I lived in Keene Hall and by the time I survived the walk to my room, I was to tired to watch TV!:laugh:

3 channels if you were lucky. It didn't matter for me though. I lived in Keene Hall and by the time I survived the walk to my room, I was to tired to watch TV!:laugh:

 

Hey Outlaw I know exactly what you are talking about. I lived in Keene Hall my first year at EKU. It was awful when it rained or snowed. My roommate always laughed at me we would head over to campus the same time as this one big guy tall and fat, I would hide behind him to block the wind and rain. Seems like that Alumni Coliseum parking lot got longer everyday. Thank goodness for big guys to keep traffic from splashing you!

Here's my whole thing on this topic and not to bring up a dead horse, but those that have been talking about Mercer Co., too...but I have always found it funny how people wanted to criticize Mercer with their "slim" enrollment advantage over the next biggest schools in 2A that year, and now will sure to be doing the same with HC...especially if they win. Yet, nobody ever harped on the big public schools like Dunbar, Manual, Henderson County, Henry Clay, etc. for not ever dominating the old 4A. Each of those schools had anywhere from a 500-1,000 more kids than some of the smaller public schools in 4A?? But, you never heard people gripe like they did with Mercer and like Im sure they will do if Harlan Co. Central has the same success or anywhere near it.

Rose Hill is going to have a 1A varsity team next year. We have known it for two years. Next year all the teams in District 1-5 will have to add Rose Hill. Guess what, all the district teams are going to add Rose Hill, and drop a non district game.

 

Did the teams in Harlan County's real district not know that Harlan was going to open this year? Could those teams not been told two years ago, that in 2008 you will have to add HC as a new district opponent. How is that different then saying this year that in 2009 you will have to add HC as a new district opponent.

Because it is in the middle of a 2 year cycle. Rose Hill will begin at the beginning of a new 2 year cycle. It would be ok to put Harlan Co in 5A and let Letcher Central, Perry Central, Clay CO, N.Laurel, and Whitley Co drop one of their opponents with a year left on their contract, but I don't believe thoe schools would like that either.

Harlan County should definitely be a 5A team, but if the Black Bears win class 3A this season then they'll be a lot of people upset with the KHSAA.

they'll be a lot of people upset with the KHSAA.

 

What else is new?

Harlan County should definitely be a 5A team, but if the Black Bears win class 3A this season then they'll be a lot of people upset with the KHSAA.
Just a long playoff run by Harlan County would tick off some people ... regardless of whether or not they won a state title or even got to the finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.