Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Harlan Co be 3A or 5A?

Featured Replies

:thumb: It is just the way it goes. But I don't think that Harlan Co will do what Mercer did. Mercer came in with Harrodsbur they are a little different than Evarts, Cumberland and Cawood.:rolleyes:

 

I don't mean this with any disrespect to Harlan Co because I have a lot for Coach Larkey and his staff I am just saying that Mercer did it doesn't mean that HC wiil I believe that Hac is just enjoying one game at a time and getting everybody togethor.:thumb:

  • Replies 129
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived in Keene Hall in 84. Were you walking to class behind me?:lol:

 

I also was cooking some of that pig Friday night...lol.

 

Sorry someone else must have been hiding behind you I was crossing the street to Alumni in '97.

 

That Pig was really good a few weeks ago, we had a good time before and after the LCC game was you there?

Did I miss something or has HC already played their season? Did they already win the 3 A State Champioship? Don't they have to actually make it to the playoffs, just like every other team? So far they have played one game, and lost it (no disrespect to Coach Larkey or any of the HC faithful - I am just stating the facts).

 

Does it matter how many kids are on the sidelines, or does it matter that there are 11 on the field? I have coached at a large school and at a small school. At both, we could only have 11 players on the field at any one time.

 

I was a coach on a team that played Mercer that year, man were they good!! I am a coach on a team that is going to play HC later this year, a much smaller school to boot. You know what, none of the players on that first team really cared and all of the players on the second team are looking forward to the challenge!!

 

I don't really care to talk about "winning the state" untill I am sitting at Papa John's for that last game of the season. I think it is absurd to talk about "punishing" players for things that are out of their controll too (like who chose their district for them). Why don't we just let the kids play some football and have some fun - 11 players at a time. Afterall, isn't that what playing football is really about?

Did I miss something or has HC already played their season? Did they already win the 3 A State Champioship? Don't they have to actually make it to the playoffs, just like every other team? So far they have played one game, and lost it (no disrespect to Coach Larkey or any of the HC faithful - I am just stating the facts).

 

Does it matter how many kids are on the sidelines, or does it matter that there are 11 on the field? I have coached at a large school and at a small school. At both, we could only have 11 players on the field at any one time.

 

I was a coach on a team that played Mercer that year, man were they good!! I am a coach on a team that is going to play HC later this year, a much smaller school to boot. You know what, none of the players on that first team really cared and all of the players on the second team are looking forward to the challenge!!

 

I don't really care to talk about "winning the state" untill I am sitting at Papa John's for that last game of the season. I think it is absurd to talk about "punishing" players for things that are out of their controll too (like who chose their district for them). Why don't we just let the kids play some football and have some fun - 11 players at a time. Afterall, isn't that what playing football is really about?

 

:thumb:

Did I miss something or has HC already played their season? Did they already win the 3 A State Champioship? Don't they have to actually make it to the playoffs, just like every other team? So far they have played one game, and lost it (no disrespect to Coach Larkey or any of the HC faithful - I am just stating the facts).

 

Does it matter how many kids are on the sidelines, or does it matter that there are 11 on the field? I have coached at a large school and at a small school. At both, we could only have 11 players on the field at any one time.

 

I was a coach on a team that played Mercer that year, man were they good!! I am a coach on a team that is going to play HC later this year, a much smaller school to boot. You know what, none of the players on that first team really cared and all of the players on the second team are looking forward to the challenge!!

 

I don't really care to talk about "winning the state" untill I am sitting at Papa John's for that last game of the season. I think it is absurd to talk about "punishing" players for things that are out of their controll too (like who chose their district for them). Why don't we just let the kids play some football and have some fun - 11 players at a time. Afterall, isn't that what playing football is really about?[/QUOTE]

 

 

Fantastic advise Coach. Unfortunately adults forget it on just about every issue that happens with sports, be it the public private split, eligibility issues, etc. Adults, just let the kids play and kids, just play your best. :thumb:

Sorry someone else must have been hiding behind you I was crossing the street to Alumni in '97.

 

That Pig was really good a few weeks ago, we had a good time before and after the LCC game was you there?

 

I was there with grill and Johnsonvilles:fire:

:thumb: It is just the way it goes. But I don't think that Harlan Co will do what Mercer did. Mercer came in with Harrodsbur they are a little different than Evarts, Cumberland and Cawood.:rolleyes:

 

Harrodsburg won 4 games the year before consolidation.Mercer went 10-2 the year before consolidation. Harrodsburg nor Mercer had ever won a State Title in any sport.They merge and go 15-0.I saw Cumberland play in 3 State title games.Harrodsburg had 198 students their last year before consolidation. They won 4 basketball games that year and 1 baseball game.

After following this thread for a while I feel compelled to post a few comments:

 

HC is in 3A this year and there is not one thing any of us can do to change that.

 

Mercer was arguably a contender without the consolidation.

 

HC has only played one game so far, so to argue about what might happen in December is argument based solely on speculation and not fact

 

Does it really make sense to rearrange approximately 18 different team schedules verses 2 or 3 team schedules in the middle of a two year schedule contract?

 

Let’m play ball and good luck to HC and all other teams in 3A.

I don't think anyone is trying to get it changed this year. However, if people don't speak out against what they feel is unfair, then the KHSAA will never change. In all honesty lets not act like people couldn't have adjusted their schedules to fit HC into the proper district and class. Also, how many teams would have to change their schedule by 1 game? Maybe 4 depending on the size of the district, plus their opponents, so 8 teams max. So I doubt the world of Kentucky Hs football would have been thrown into a whirlwind had a few teams had to change their schedules.

 

Noone is really at fault, the consolidation had to be done for the betterment of the schools involved, and the students. I don't think not being allowed to play in the postseason of football should be such a big deal if the consolidation was so necassary for the schools involved.

 

If a ban from postseason was the precedent, I imagine you would have seen HC playing in 5A this year.

So since if you consolidate and can stay in a lower class for a year. I see a Raceland/Russell consolidation before to long. I can imagine the whining that will go on when those 2 combined schools are playing in 3A. Actually by the new numbers by then, they may actually still be a 3A school lol.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.