Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Harlan Co be 3A or 5A?

Featured Replies

We have a class system though. The reason being to keep the playing field fair between teams. Non district games are to keep up old rivalries, and bring in more income. So by your statement I am assuming that you feel Kentucky should just go to a 1 class system? If that were to happen none will have a gripe. However, then schools who consolidate will have no choice but to sit out. All the schedules will be full for that year. I would not like to see the seniors at HC have to sit out a year. I also would not like to see a true 3A team robbed of a state championship again, or even a playoff victory. HC should be banned from post season. They can still play a full 10 game schedule if they can fill it. I'd hate that for the seniors, but noone to blame but the people behind the consolidation. If it was truly necessary for the schools in Harlan to do so, then it seems like a small sacrifice in my eyes to better the education of those kids, and kids of HC in the future.

 

You cannot justify punishing the seniors of all the other 3A schools who have nothing to do with HC.

 

YOU TAKE THE GOOD YOU TAKE THE BAD AND THERE YOU HAVE THE FACTS OF LIFE!!!!

Who exactly do you blame for consolidating? Harlan County needed a new high school didn't necessarily need a new football team, but the three schools have come together as one and the county is behind these boys 100% It was something that had to be done. The powers that be could have decided to play Evarts or Cumberlands schedule a 1A schedule if that is all we cared about was winning. How can being ban from the playoffs better the education of these Kids? To me all of this is useless complaining on both our parts. I say it is just best for you to give me your final opinion and we will just agree to disagree and continue to discuss football.

  • Replies 129
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU TAKE THE GOOD YOU TAKE THE BAD AND THERE YOU HAVE THE FACTS OF LIFE!!!!

Who exactly do you blame for consolidating? Harlan County needed a new high school didn't necessarily need a new football team, but the three schools have come together as one and the county is behind these boys 100% It was something that had to be done. The powers that be could have decided to play Evarts or Cumberlands schedule a 1A schedule if that is all we cared about was winning. How can being ban from the playoffs better the education of these Kids? To me all of this is useless complaining on both our parts. I say it is just best for you to give me your final opinion and we will just agree to disagree and continue to discuss football.

 

Isnt that the theme song of the T.V show Facts Of Life?:D

They should definitely play 3A. Mercer did it down here and they thrived off the people around the state who thought this was unfair. I doubt that HC has that caliber of athletes right now but Larkey will get these guys on track. I believe they will have even more success in that 5A district.

Isnt that the theme song of the T.V show Facts Of Life?:D

 

Is that you Ms. Garrett?

Isn't Louisville Central 3A? If so, I think the road to the title goes through them. They gave Highlands all they could handle last year. I don't see HC running away with anything.

 

I would expect any of the following teams, in no particular order, to be ranked ahead of Harlan County:

 

Belfry

Breathitt County

Central

Elizabethtown

Estill County

Mason County

Paducah Tilghman

Russell

 

Harlan County might win Class 3A, but it will definitely be a challenge.

LOL:ylsuper::p

 

Your avatar will be on display at the pig roast saturday!

Is that you Ms. Garrett?

 

No, its Joe, Blair and Tootie:walk:

Your avatar will be on display at the pig roast saturday!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa

No, its Joe, Blair and Tootie:walk:

 

Tell Natalie we might need some O-line help!

Tell Natalie we might need some O-line help!

 

:thumb: knew there was 1 more, could'nt remember her.

I'm a little concerned that you guys know so much about that show.

I'm a little concerned that you guys know so much about that show.

 

2 sisters, they dominated the TV. Come on HDE you remember that stuff too. I think you may be from that time also. But not sure.:confused:

That's the point....that you fail to understand. I don't have a problem with Harlan..or the coaches, fans or players.....the problem is the governing body...the KHSAA.

 

No, you are missing the point. The KHSAA cannot control when a consolidation project is completed and in fact, Harlan County couldn't either. This project was supposed to be done a few years ago. They also should not force TONS of teams to have to change their schedules because of one school for one year when it happens in the 2nd year of a 2 year cycle. I don't see a ban on postseason play for one season being a fix at all.

6A isn't even where their enrollment numbers fall. The KHSAA was thinking that a lot more students were going to be enrolled. I beleive the number is somewhere between 1100 and 1200 for the school, not 6A numbers. They are 5A numbers.

 

North and South Laurel are both just over 1,200 students and are 5A. Harlan will be 5A next year when the schedules cycle and all be right with the world. ;)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.