Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Griffey traded to Chisox

Featured Replies

Come on. Can't you recognize a mistype when you see one?

 

I did miss it.

  • Replies 244
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They save 4 million, get a MLB quality guy in the pen and avoid the mess that would have been declining his option. It's a good move for the Reds. Best of luck to Junior, and I hope he has a deep playoff run with the Sox...

 

Totally agree.

Marty on the trade from Fay's blog...

 

Ken Griffey Jr. and Marty Brennaman rode on the elevator at the Mayflower Hotel after the team arrived in Washington. Brennaman was going to the sixth floor, Griffey the seventh.

 

"When the elevators stopped at my floor he put his briefcase up and stopped the door," Brennaman said. "I said, 'He want to thank you. You've been very fair. I appreciate that."

 

"I said, 'What are you talking about?'"

 

"He said, 'I've been traded.'"

 

"I said, 'Get out of here. I don't believe it. Where?' He said Chicago. He showed me an email he had on his phone from (his agent) Brian Goldberg."

 

Griffey and Brennaman talked for 15 minutes.

 

"It was very poignant," Brennaman said. "He told me he wouldn't change a thing. He was glad to put on the same uniform his dad did for nine years."

They save 4 million, get a MLB quality guy in the pen and avoid the mess that would have been declining his option. It's a good move for the Reds. Best of luck to Junior, and I hope he has a deep playoff run with the Sox...
Nothing about Masset's performance in the majors so far says he's "MLB quality" ...

 

The key to the deal, aside from getting out of the Griffey-money-option mess, is Richar. Nothing about Richar says he's able to play SS, but I wonder if this is a precursor of a Phillips move over to the other side.

:confused:

Not surprising that non-Reds fans defend the play of Griffey even though it's half of what it was as a 29y.o. in his prime with 400 dongs and a shoe-in to be where Bonds is now on the HR list. So you can sing the praises of him but you'd be singing a different tune if the Braves were handcuffed as a small market team with little latitude financially because you "paid under market value" for a superstar. The Braves could financially survive a trade gone bad like that one (ala Mr. Hampton) but small market teams cannot. I'll end with this, not only was he paid under market value, the Reds got waaaayyy under market performance.

He's been traded agaaaiiinnn!

New Bronson jingle!!!!

 

:confused: Bronson or Griffey?

  • Author
Nothing about Masset's performance in the majors so far says he's "MLB quality" ...

 

The key to the deal, aside from getting out of the Griffey-money-option mess, is Richar. Nothing about Richar says he's able to play SS, but I wonder if this is a precursor of a Phillips move over to the other side.

 

 

Is Richar an upgrade over Keppinger?

Richar was considered the SS of the future in Arizona three years ago...

pretty interesting coverage of the trade on 700wlw. They are getting ready to have a Tampa reporter on there to discuss dunn.

pretty interesting coverage of the trade on 700wlw. They are getting ready to have a Tampa reporter on there to discuss dunn.

That deal is dead. Waste of time...

:thumb:

 

That deal is dead. Waste of time...

 

Do you think they will resign him?

Not surprising that non-Reds fans defend the play of Griffey even though it's half of what it was as a 29y.o. in his prime with 400 dongs and a shoe-in to be where Bonds is now on the HR list. So you can sing the praises of him but you'd be singing a different tune if the Braves were handcuffed as a small market team with little latitude financially because you "paid under market value" for a superstar. The Braves could financially survive a trade gone bad like that one (ala Mr. Hampton) but small market teams cannot. I'll end with this, not only was he paid under market value, the Reds got waaaayyy under market performance.

 

I'm not trying to defend Griffey but the treatment he has received on these boards was way unfair considering the circumstances. He came to the Reds, everyone praising. He got hurt multiple times and hasn't been the same...Now is that his fault? NO! Yes, it sucks being stuck with a player like that but they tried milking it (500th, 600th homeruns) instead of cutting ties before. And actually with Hampton's contract, insurance paid for a lot of it, deferring a smaller portion to the Braves..

:thumb:

 

 

 

Do you think they will resign him?

Not sure. Hope so...

What will we Reds fans blame their bad play and inability to win on now? I will miss Griffey but think its a good business move.

What will we Reds fans blame their bad play and inability to win on now? I will miss Griffey but think its a good business move.

 

Reds fans can still blame Dunn, Weathers, Coffey, E-5 sometimes AND Corey MF Patterson. Course you can't go wrong blaming Dusy or Dear Ole Dick either. Lotsa blame to still go around. We haven't blamed Freel since he has been hurt, we can start blaming him again next year.

 

I secretly think the Griffey deal is a way for the Reds to sign CP to a long term deal. :lol:

 

 

KIDDING! :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.