August 1, 200818 yr Screw up a trade? They gained 4 million, got an arm for the pen with some experience and a utility IF guy for the farm system. What did you expect for Junior??? Any contribution at the MLB level this year or the next couple is more than I imagined the Reds would receive. I was just thrilled to free up the salary. The rest is a bonus.
August 1, 200818 yr I disagree with the bold. Last saturday he didn't give 60% on those fly balls. I respect what he has done as a player,but it is time he and the Reds part. Griffey has not hustled like he should . No question. However, one of those plays that Brantley was complaining about was Bruce's ball. However, Bruce probably had no inclination to call off or run over his idol. This trade could actually help Jay Bruce since he doesn't have to worry about his idol anymore.
August 1, 200818 yr I would like to know how much weight Jr has put on since his first year here?They had a picture of him in the paper and he looked like he was 30 lbs lighter.
August 1, 200818 yr Griffey has not hustled like he should . No question. However, one of those plays that Brantley was complaining about was Bruce's ball. However, Bruce probably had no inclination to call off or run over his idol. This trade could actually help Jay Bruce since he doesn't have to worry about his idol anymore. Those were my thoughts exactly when one of the announcers, I believe it was Welsh, said Bruce has to make that play. But the ball was clearly closer to Jr.
August 1, 200818 yr Screw up a trade? They gained 4 million, got an arm for the pen with some experience and a utility IF guy for the farm system. What did you expect for Junior??? Exactly, this is much more than I expected, which was to pay for his whole salary his whole buyout and then let him walk.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.