More hits for UL....

Is Kansas on the verge of becoming a national power?
I would say yes but there are some significant differences between UofL and Kansas.

Kansas's record six years prior to BCS bowl were

3-8, 2-10- 6-7, 4-7, 7-5, 6-6 with two bowl seasons

Louisville's record six years prior

9-3, 11-2, 7-6, 9-4, 11-1, 9-3 with six bowl seasons

Since 2001 Kansas has had 9 players drafted in the NFL, in that same time period Louisville had 25 players drafted.

Kansas's rise was in a single season, Louisville had been rising for nearly a decade.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say yes but there are some significant differences between UofL and Kansas.

Since 2001 Kansas has had 9 players drafted in the NFL, in that same time period Louisville had 25 players drafted.

Kansas's rise was in a single season, Louisville had been rising for nearly a decade.

Bingo, it ain't like UofL had one or two good seasons. The amount of players getting drafted into the NFL is proof of the where the talent level has been.

I don't think that U.L. was a few plays away from a title game, I don't even think they were a few years away from a title game. You are correct in that I do not think that U.K. (or U.L.) would have beaten Ohio State.

How can you say they was not a few plays away from being in the national title game? Louisville led most the game, didnt score in the second half, and Rutgers hits a last second field goal to beat them. Before the game they was ranked 3 in the BCS standings behind OSU and Michigan. They would have replaced Michigan at 2 at the end of the season. After Florida embarrassed OSU I feel very confident UL would have beat them too.

I've come to learn that the definition of elite to UK fans seems to be (UofL+1=elite).

Don't feel left out. In basketball, we all know that UK's last title + 1 year = the last relavent season according to UofL fans.

I'd say there's no doubt that Louisville is more legit than Kansas, but with records, I'd just have to ask that do you reckon there is a difference between the Big 12 and C-USA?

Now the drafted players, that's concrete. UL has certainly had some talent come through there.

I'd say there's no doubt that Louisville is more legit than Kansas, but with records, I'd just have to ask that do you reckon there is a difference between the Big 12 and C-USA?

Now the drafted players, that's concrete. UL has certainly had some talent come through there.

Surely you jest...;)

How can you say they was not a few plays away from being in the national title game? Louisville led most the game, didnt score in the second half, and Rutgers hits a last second field goal to beat them. Before the game they was ranked 3 in the BCS standings behind OSU and Michigan. They would have replaced Michigan at 2 at the end of the season. After Florida embarrassed OSU I feel very confident UL would have beat them too.

One thing................they still Lost, and "if" they would have won in which they didn't someone esle may have went, that's one thing at will never be known. Maybe so and maybe not. Plus, asc long as we are tlking about "if's" one comment on your last statement about U.L. possibly would have beaten Ohio State............ I am laughing too hard to go on. (LOL)

U.L. had a very good season,no question. A very good season and "almost" and "what if's" does not qualify as a national power.

Edited by oldrambler

One thing................they still Lost, and "if" they would have won in which they didn't someone esle may have went, that's one thing at will never be known. Maybe so and maybe not. Plus, asc long as we are tlking about "if's" one comment on your last statement about U.L. possibly would have beaten Ohio State............ I am laughing too hard to go on. (LOL)

U.L. had a very good season,no question. A very good season and "almost" and "what if's" does not qualify as a national power.

Never said they were a national power but they were a few plays away from playing in the title game. After OSU got destroyed and embarrassed against Florida:lol:, i'm pretty confident UL would have beat them too.

Edited by Bart Fletch

I don't think that U.L. was a few plays away from a title game, I don't even think they were a few years away from a title game. You are correct in that I do not think that U.K. (or U.L.) would have beaten Ohio State.

Seriously? Had they beaten Rutgers they would have most likely been in the championship. The next issue is certainly debatable but there's no real doubt in my mind that UofL was better than Ohio State that year.