More hits for UL....

Plus I get sick of hearing how UK "fluked" out a last second win against UofL. Did you forget that UK led most of that game (40 minutes) and UofL only took a small lead just 77 seconds before UK scored. Plus, if they didn't hit Johnson for the TD, Lyons was wide open in the middle of the field. A pass there would have gotten them down to the 15-20, and set up a FG or an even later TD.

Louisville was winning at half time, if I remember correctly...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite is just that - Elite. That means stay in the top 5, and do it for 10 years. That's elite. Not one Orange bowl victory and a few other good seasons before that.

Plus I get sick of hearing how UK "fluked" out a last second win against UofL. Did you forget that UK led most of that game (40 minutes) and UofL only took a small lead just 77 seconds before UK scored. Plus, if they didn't hit Johnson for the TD, Lyons was wide open in the middle of the field. A pass there would have gotten them down to the 15-20, and set up a FG or an even later TD.

How would they have felt if UofL scored on that "lucky" (according to UofL fan?) Hail Mary pass Brohm threw at the end of the game. It was literally last second. And it almost worked! Would that have been a fluke?

To answer your question; yes if HD had scored on that "hailmary" it would of been a fluke.

You know I don't see anyone saying UL has fallen off the college football map just that they were not an elite program as many UL fans were saying before last year. Had they played for a national championship I would call that an elite team, had they been in consideration for the NC multiple years I would call that an elite program. Looks like Petrino was UL's Curci.

I am SOOOOOOO tired of hearing this excuse from UK fans. UK has been in that league from the get-go, and it's about time to stop using that as an excuse as to why UK can't get over the hump. If you play in that league, you should be able to adapt, get better recruits, and compete for the top spot. UK has yet to do that.

As for Brad Durham, I don't think will have nearly the affect that many think (or hope) it will.

The difference between UL, UGA, and UT is not that UGA and UT are solid programs and UL is not. It's the fact that kids flock to big SEC schools like that because they want to play in the SEC. The Big East doesn't have that kind of luster to most kids, thus UL has to fight more to get better recruits. People saying UL couldn't compete in the SEC is silly. If they were in the SEC, they'd get the same recruits that the other SEC schools get and would do just fine.

I agree that UK should not use being in the SEC as an excuse for not winning more. And that's not what I was doing. Only providing perspective to show that UL's program isn't nearly as top notch as many say. I never said that UL couldn't COMPETE in the SEC, I simply suggested that they wouldn't thrive like they had in the Big East.

You know I don't see anyone saying UL has fallen off the college football map just that they were not an elite program as many UL fans were saying before last year. Had they played for a national championship I would call that an elite team, had they been in consideration for the NC multiple years I would call that an elite program. Looks like Petrino was UL's Curci.

Many? Really? Can you, or anybody for that matter, tell me who those "many" UL fans were?

Looks like Petrino was UL's Curci.

:thumb: I agree. There were also U.L. fans defending this piece of crap to the end, even after he had went for a "midnight meeting" with Auburn to try and undercut Tubberville. Petrino then claims that he was at U.L. to stay and was not leaving and the fans went nuts saying "I told you so's" praising his loyalty to the mighty Cards and calling out anyone that said anything against him.......

A very short time later he leaves U.L. high and dry and didn't look back in doing so..........

Petrino goes to Atlanta saw that he couldn't cut it in the NFL and then left Atlana in the same way for Arkansas. ..........

I believe that he will have some sucsess there as he did at U.L., claim that he as learned a lesson and that he is where he wants to be then leave for a better job. Anyone that has hired or will hire this clown in the future deserves to have their program set back, they ask for it. JMO

Maybe I should have said national power instead of elite. I just got through reading 2 threads and 5 pages of how UL is a national power and will play in two of the most important games of the season from last years preseason threads.

Maybe I should have said national power instead of elite. I just got through reading 2 threads and 5 pages of how UL is a national power and will play in two of the most important games of the season from last years preseason threads.

And coming off a 12-1 season and an Orange Bowl victory, saying that Louisville had the potential to become a national power was not ridiculous.