More hits for UL....

I said it a bit earlier in the thread and got some cute emoticons from a UofL fan, but seriously, Krag better AT LEAST go 7-5 or I think he is toast. The Cards fanbase have VERY little faith in that guy. Even though a 6-6 wouldn't be that bad given he is just now having an oppurtunity to weed out bad influences and get his system in place, I REALLY don't think the Cards fans would allow it.

Bottom line: If Kragthorpe goes 6-6 and lose to KY = he is likely gone

If he goes 6-6 and beats KY = who knows

If he goes 5-7 = he is toast

I don't think the record is at all what Jurich will go by. If this team has the sense of improving as the season advances, he will be fine regardless of record. Now, if he somehow "loses" this team as this season goes on, he'll be gone. I have 100% faith in Kragthorpe to get the job done here in Louisville, if it means some sub-par seasons (record wise) for the Cards to get the "right" young men here, I can live with that.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stands will be half empty if they don't win ballgames. IMO that = need for new coach.

This year's fan reaction will be much different. The fans know that the kids on the field are a good crew, and that they have bought into the system 100%. This team will play very, very hard, and the fans will understand the result.

Seeing as you have absolutely no way to prove that Florida's team speed was much, much better than UL's, your statement is 100% opinion based....Good try, OR.

And seeing as you have absolutely no way to prove that Florida's team speed WASN'T much, much better than UL's, your statement is 100% opinion based too.

The only proof anyone has of anything, is that UofL DIDN'T make it to the title game, DIDN'T make a bowl last year, and is having a LOT of problems this off season.

And seeing as you have absolutely no way to prove that Florida's team speed WASN'T much, much better than UL's, your statement is 100% opinion based too.

The only proof anyone has of anything, is that UofL DIDN'T make it to the title game, DIDN'T make a bowl last year, and is having a LOT of problems this off season.

And that they won a BCS bowl two years ago, have put many people in the NFL the last few years and have owned their instate rival the past few years.

I would add these things to "anything" stuff.

The national title game is my proof.

They were playing against UL in the title game? That clearly shows us the team speed difference, oh yes.

The closest thing we have to compare here is comparing how both teams looked against there common opponent that season, UK.

That is really the only admissable and valid evidence in comparing the team speed of both teams as it is the only consistent gauge between the two.

They were playing against UL in the title game? That clearly shows us the team speed difference, oh yes.

The closest thing we have to compare here is comparing how both teams looked against there common opponent that season, UK.

That is really the only admissable and valid evidence in comparing the team speed of both teams as it is the only consistent gauge between the two.

I saw what I saw against Ohio State the so-called best team in the nation before they stepped on the field against Florida. If the question were asked to the nation, there wouldn't be many outside of Louisville to vote for the Cardinals.

For the sake of the conversation at hand, the fact that UL didn't make a bowl last season and is having trouble in the off season is COMPLETELY irrelevant. :lol: And besides, the the only reason Florida even got into the championship game was because Louisville lost. If you think UF would have gotten on over UL that season you need to step away from the sauce.

The stands will be half empty if they don't win ballgames. IMO that = need for new coach.

IMO, if the fans can't get behind a coach who's trying to do things the right way, they don't deserve to be in the stands.

I will be disgustingly disappointed if our fans turn into the kind of fans that Coach Brooks had to bear while he was rebuilding the UK program.

IMO, we (UL) are lucky to get a coach willing to do the unpopular, hard work to get UL where we need to be, on the field and off the field.

I wish I had known then the stuff I know now about the situation that Petrino created. I wouldn't have defended him one bit. I knew a little, but nothing like what I know now.

IMO, if the fans can't get behind a coach who's trying to do things the right way, they don't deserve to be in the stands.

I will be disgustingly disappointed if our fans turn into the kind of fans that Coach Brooks had to bear while he was rebuilding the UK program.

IMO, we (UL) are lucky to get a coach willing to do the unpopular, hard work to get UL where we need to be, on the field and off the field.

I wish I had known then the stuff I know now about the situation that Petrino created. I wouldn't have defended him one bit. I knew a little, but nothing like what I know now.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

For the sake of the conversation at hand, the fact that UL didn't make a bowl last season and is having trouble in the off season is COMPLETELY irrelevant. :lol: And besides, the the only reason Florida even got into the championship game was because Louisville lost. If you think UF would have gotten on over UL that season you need to step away from the sauce.

Quit trying to change the subject.

You tried to call someone out for not having "proof" for their argument, when you don't have any prove yours either.

Nobody can "prove" that argument one way or the other.

I also like that you bring up the fact the UofL lost. :D