More hits for UL....

Another 6-6 season = another non-bowl seasn & DISASTER for UofL

A 6-6 season for the Cats = another bowl game & decent continued momentum

No matter what UofL fans say, they have to realize that they are NOT THE STATE SCHOOL, and that means the program must be that much better. If they aren't that much better AND Uk can keep being decent enough, UK benefits.

Disaster is a far stretch, IMO.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Louisville and Florida's offensive stats vs UK's defense in 06 FWIW. I think UL could have held there own. ;)

Passing yards

UL - 268

UF - 279

Rushing yards

UL - 363

UF - 235

Total yards

UL - 631

UF - 514

1st downs

UL - 31

UF - 24

Turnovers

UL - 1

UF - 2

Here's Louisville and Florida's offensive stats vs UK's defense in 06 FWIW. I think UL could have held there own. ;)

Passing yards

UL - 268

UF - 279

Rushing yards

UL - 363

UF - 235

Total yards

UL - 631

UF - 514

1st downs

UL - 31

UF - 24

Turnovers

UL - 1

UF - 2

That (UK/UL) was the first game of the year, I believe...UL's offense got better as the season progressed also. :thumb:

Can a UofL fan predict the opening day top 4 WR's for the Cards?

Long, Guy, Beaumont (sp?), Pascley or Chichester.

Now, predict the top for for UK. It, to me, seems like more of a mystery...

Will Guy be healthy?

I agree UK has SERIOUS question marks at WR as well.

If I am forced to guess today..

Lyons/Lanxter/Boyd/Cobb

No official word on Guy, but IMHO he will be ready. :confused:

Will Guy be healthy?

I agree UK has SERIOUS question marks at WR as well.

If I am forced to guess today..

Lyons/Lanxter/Boyd/Cobb

Alot depends on how well Demoreo Ford rehabs as well. A healthy Demoreo Ford makes a HUGE difference in terms of both experience and skill.

Lyons, Ford, Lanxter, Boyd...with Drake and Bogue at the TE's.

For the sake of arguement, assuming for whatever reason Guy si somehow able to play as well as Ford for UK. Here is returning receiving production from last season:

UL

Long 27 catches, 358 yards, 0 TD (12 games)

GUY 11 catches, 177 yards, 2 TD (12 games)

Beaumont- 0 games

Chichester- 0 games

TOTAL: 38 catches, 535 yards, 2 TD (24 games)

UK

Lyons 56 catches, 655 yards, 7 TD (13 games)

Ford 7 catches, 47 yards, 0 TD (13 games)

Lanxter 1 catch, 6 yards, 0 TD (5 games)

Boyd/Cobb 0 games

Total: 64 catches, 708 yards, 7 TD (31 games)

UL Total (-Guy): 27 catches, 358 yards, 0TD (12 games)

UK Total (- Ford): 57 catches, 661 yards, 7 TD (18 games)

In other words, both teams have HUGE question marks here. But, UK at least has Dicky Lyons who single handidly out performed all of UL's returning receivers.

In regards to the whole 'UofL being touted as elite LOLOLOLOL': They had several good seasons followed by two great seasons and then they were returning most of their record-breaking offensive talent. Those who say that they called the preseason bluff... obviously, if you keep predicting a black sheep every year on the farm, once you get one don't go saying "I told ya so!". There's also a similar story about a boy who cried 'WOLF' but I forget what it's called.

UK had a very good win against the Cards last year. I was extremely happy for my former teammate Keenan Burton and all the seniors that stuck with the UK program during the previous down years. Doesn't mean I didn't want a Cardinal win, but I don't feel like trying to take anything away from UK. Those guys actually stuck with the Cats through thick and thin and lost plenty of embarassing games (us Cards fans only need to think of Syracuse, and we've got that sick feeling covered), so there's no reason not to be happy for them. But there's also no reason for UK fans to embarass themselves by saying "Ha, you guys got beat by US, OMG! You guys were horrible!"

This year, as mentioned, both teams have plenty of question marks. Heck, I'm already pretty sure the answer for UofL's defense is going to be "BAD", though I hope for the best.

I won't be getting season tickets but I'll try to make it to as many UofL games as possible. I will not be happy with a 6-6 season, but I'll still be a Cardinals fan if they're 0-infinity, because that's how I roll.

I (usually) won't try to make excuses when they just plain stink, but I'll definitely try to give them praise when they deserve it. Last year, they often stunk (that Rutgers comeback = epic, however). But due to their performance the year before, I was one of those touting them as one of the top programs, definitely on their way. I was wrong for a season, but I was right in believing in my team beforehand. I would expect every Cats fan to do the same... Keenan Burton and company sure did.