More hits for UL....

letabrotherspeak

Rodney Salmon one of their DL recruits, didn't make grades and is headed the JUCO route.

Then on one of the message boards for UL one of their two recruits, Privot (sp?) posted that he is thinking about changing his mind about coming there because of all the negativity...someone at the site confirmed it was the kid that posted and the thread got locked.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Privott thing is cracking me up.

IF, and it is a big IF, this really is Mike Privott,, it will be a sad, sad day for Louisville. Based on the grammar he used in his thread he seems to be just exactly what UL looks for in a recruit.

Get real people, that is not Privott. It is amazing how Petrino kept those players in line. They are having problems, but no more than:

Tenn.

UGA

Miami

FSU etc. etc.

It is the unfortunate truth of college football this day and age.

And just two years ago they were an "elite" program:D

They were an elite program, for two years.:banana:

All jokes aside, I am a huge UofL fan, and the program has came along way in 20 years. I think it's funny when UK fans make fun of UofL, I call it jealousy.

The big thing, is that most UofL fans jumped on the bandwagon and aren't real fans that remember getting trounced by Murray St. at old Cardinal Stadium. I do, and it wasn't fun. I know they aren't an elite program, and I really enjoyed the Orange Bowl and Gator bowl etc.

I also don't think it is fair to say they have fell completely off the map of relevance just yet. One 6-6 year, ain't the end of the world. The most ironic thing too me is that UK barely beat them last year, and it is condsidered one of the best UK teams EVER.:eek:

Get real people, that is not Privott. It is amazing how Petrino kept those players in line. They are having problems, but no more than:

Tenn.

UGA

Miami

FSU etc. etc.

It is the unfortunate truth of college football this day and age.

Not meaning to pile on, and truthfully UL has had some bad luck with guys like Donoghue and Peanut Whitehead and now the Guy situation.

Throw in a few turds and it has snowballed.

I still think UL is going to be pretty decent this year and I would think they will be favorites over UK in the first game as UK works in a new QB and so forth.

Where the problem lies for UL is in the seasons after this year. They have essentially lost an entire recruiting class...20+ players since the spring of 07.

Not meaning to pile on, and truthfully UL has had some bad luck with guys like Donoghue and Peanut Whitehead and now the Guy situation.

Throw in a few turds and it has snowballed.

I still think UL is going to be pretty decent this year and I would think they will be favorites over UK in the first game as UK works in a new QB and so forth.

Where the problem lies for UL is in the seasons after this year. They have essentially lost an entire recruiting class...20+ players since the spring of 07.

I agree, and know you are just stating the facts. It is hard to believe that they are having so many problems... I am torn on this season. They could be good or real bad. I will be happy with 7-8 wins. The lack of depth on defense will be the weak spot.

The UK vs. UofL should be real intersting... both have a lot of replacing to do. I like the Joker vs. Brohm match-up and expect the two of them to get he most of their talent, as usual.

And just two years ago they were an "elite" program:D

:laugh::laugh: Look out, you will get blasted on that one.:D

What are you talking 2 years ago? Heck they were an elite national power at the start of last season. :sssh:

All jokes aside, I am a huge UofL fan, and the program has came along way in 20 years. I think it's funny when UK fans make fun of UofL, I call it jealousy.

I agree in that they have came a long way in 20 years. As for your comment on U.K. fans making fun of U.L., I don't rmemer any U.K. fans calling the Cats an elite national power and predicting a national championship. That to me is what is was funny and why a lot of U.K. fans were piling it on, that is all that U.K. fans were hearing and all of the slams from U.L.fans when you were beating te Cats. That to me is fine and expected. Just that some U.L. fans shouldn't get all bent out of shape when all of their running off at the mouth before the last season came back to bite them in the butt.

It's easy to kick a team when they're down, especially when your teams best season in years was only 7-5....

As someone said earlier, it's college football. You have bad years, mediocre years and great years. Every program in football goes through it, this is UL's time. No reason to get all bent out of shape, it will pass in time. :thumb:

I also don't think it is fair to say they have fell completely off the map of relevance just yet. One 6-6 year, ain't the end of the world. The most ironic thing too me is that UK barely beat them last year, and it is considered one of the best UK teams EVER.:eek:

Funny how people so conveniently forget this.

In a bad season UofL barely lost to one of UK's best teams ever, barely lost to a potential NC contender in West Virginia, got jobbed in a loss to UConn, and beat a strong Cincy and Rutgers team.

I'm not going to deny that things aren't looking as rosy as they had but only a year ago, but the pronounced demise of the UofL program is a tad premature.

All it will take is a very likely win against UK and the ship will right itself. All the adversity is as likely creating a spring board for redemption, as it is dragging the team down.

It's easy to kick a team when they're down, especially when your teams best season in years was only 7-5....

As someone said earlier, it's college football. You have bad years, mediocre years and great years. Every program in football goes through it, this is UL's time. No reason to get all bent out of shape, it will pass in time. :thumb:

Actually 8-5.