More hits for UL....

If UL will give Coach Kragthorpe enough time to bring in his kids and continue to weed out some of the remaining Petrino element, the Cards will be better off in the long run. I think he will do it the right way. If they are impatient, that is not good for the Cards but will help UK in many future instate recruiting battles.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UL will give Coach Kragthorpe enough time to bring in his kids and continue to weed out some of the remaining Petrino element, the Cards will be better off in the long run. I think he will do it the right way.

My thoughts exactly. :thumb:

IMO, if the fans can't get behind a coach who's trying to do things the right way, they don't deserve to be in the stands.

I will be disgustingly disappointed if our fans turn into the kind of fans that Coach Brooks had to bear while he was rebuilding the UK program.

What do you call last year's behavior?

It was pretty nasty in Louisville. The whole atmosphere around the program deteriorated big time. Message boards were in meltdown mode, fans in the stands were booing.

It's a hard time for me to be a UofL fan. Not because of what is going on with the program but because of the other ridiculously moronic UofL fans that I literally can't stand to be around. I'm not used to our fans acting like this and it is really disgusting me. Some people really don't deserve to call themselves fans.

I implore all U of L fans to not respond to any more negativity in this thread. It's not worth it, the Cards and Co...have the right crew intact, and all will take care of itself in the long run.

Come on. All we heard for two years was, we're elite, we're a powerhouse, we're going to win a national championship. Now that those dillusions are past, you don't want to hear about it?:lol:

It's a hard time for me to be a UofL fan. Not because of what is going on with the program but because of the other ridiculously moronic UofL fans that I literally can't stand to be around. I'm not used to our fans acting like this and it is really disgusting me. Some people really don't deserve to call themselves fans.

Welcome to my world. :lol:

So UofL fans are just going to sit mum when the next one bites the dust.

I know it is hard guys, but being silent won't make it any better. Us UK fans are here for you if you just need a good cry.

I have no problem whatsoever with the direction of the program right now, I realize these things take time. The only thing I have a problem with are the newly formed fans who remind me all too much of the 18%ers.

Spillman pleads guilty to charges

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Former Louisville receiver JaJuan Spillman pleaded guilty to drug and weapons charges, but won't have to serve jail time if he stays out of trouble with the law for two years.

Spillman, who was dismissed from the team after his July 3 arrest, pleaded guilty in Jefferson County District Court Monday to charges including driving under the influence, possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed deadly weapon.

That arrest came a month after Spillman pleaded guilty to a marijuana possession charge stemming from his arrest Jan. 31, 2007.

Bill Patteson, spokesman for the county attorney's office, said Spillman was sentenced to 353 days in jail and has to pay fines and fees of about $1,000. The jail time was conditionally discharged, providing Spillman has no more legal troubles, does not possess any firearms or deadly weapons for two years and pays the fines.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10897616

I implore all U of L fans to not respond to any more negativity in this thread. It's not worth it, the Cards and Co...have the right crew intact, and all will take care of itself in the long run.

Now that I think about it, maybe the realistic UL fans should respond to combat the negativity from outside the Big Blue Nation as well as within! I remember getting blasted for defending Brooks when he was rebuilding UK the right way. While it was painful, it did eventually give me a sense of pride that for once, ... I was right!!! :thumb:

What do you call last year's behavior?

It was pretty nasty in Louisville. The whole atmosphere around the program deteriorated big time. Message boards were in meltdown mode, fans in the stands were booing.

Go back and read my posts in threads from last year. My position hasn't changed.

Booooo-to UL fans who have reached the depths of disgustingness by their willingness to trade integrity for wins. We can have both.

And now, I will heed the Rockpride plea.:sssh:

Now that I think about it, maybe the realistic UL fans should respond to combat the negativity from outside the Big Blue Nation as well as within! I remember getting blasted for defending Brooks when he was rebuilding UK the right way. While it was painful, it did eventually give me a sense of pride that for once, ... I was right!!! :thumb:

The big difference between the situation that UK was in and the situation UofL is in is that UofL has had one .500 season and the fan base weeded itself from bandwagon fans.

UK can have a .500 season and gain bandwagon fans. I also (not saying you are doing it) think it is funny to hear UK fans talking as if they are way past the days of mediocrity and that they have surpassed UofL in national relevance.

Hello... to straight 8-5 seasons... wow! I agree with most on here, UofL has never been, and prolly never will be an elite program. However, they have far surpassed what I ever imagined the program could do or be, and to the dismay of UK fans have experienced some big time success on the national scene. UofL is still a better football program than UK, and will continue to be until UK proves itself different. Just because they beat UofL one time, and UofL won one less regular season games doesn't mean they are a far superior program to UofL all sudden.

All that being said, I feel like both teams will be very average this year.:walk: