More hits for UL....

The big difference between the situation that UK was in and the situation UofL is in is that UofL has had one .500 season and the fan base weeded itself from bandwagon fans.

UK can have a .500 season and gain bandwagon fans. I also (not saying you are doing it) think it is funny to hear UK fans talking as if they are way past the days of mediocrity and that they have surpassed UofL in national relevance.

Hello... to straight 8-5 seasons... wow! I agree with most on here, UofL has never been, and prolly never will be an elite program. However, they have far surpassed what I ever imagined the program could do or be, and to the dismay of UK fans have experienced some big time success on the national scene. UofL is still a better football program than UK, and will continue to be until UK proves itself different. Just because they beat UofL one time, and UofL won one less regular season games doesn't mean they are a far superior program to UofL all sudden.

All that being said, I feel like both teams will be very average this year.:walk:

You are right, ... you never have heard me say anything of the sort. Not sure why you used my post to comment on.

BTW, UK has beaten UL more than 1 time. Just once this past season. I never EVER said they were far superior to UL. In fact, I picked UL to beat UK last season. But this past season UK did beat UL, did have a better record and did play a tougher schedule. However, one season or one game does not a program make and I have never claimed anything of the sort.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, ... you never have heard me say anything of the sort. Not sure why you used my post to comment on.

BTW, UK has beaten UL more than 1 time. Just once this past season. I never EVER said they were far superior to UL. In fact, I picked UL to beat UK last season. But this past season UK did beat UL, did have a better record and did play a tougher schedule. However, one season or one game does not a program make and I have never claimed anything of the sort.

I used your comment because you were comparing UofL's 6-6 season to the rebuilding years at UK. The rest of my post was not directed toward you, sorry for not making it clear. My bad.

I realize UK has beaten UofL more than once, but UofL has dominated them since the series since it has been revisted during the modern era of football.

I used your comment because you were comparing UofL's 6-6 season to the rebuilding years at UK. The rest of my post was not directed toward you, sorry for not making it clear. My bad.

I realize UK has beaten UofL more than once, but UofL has dominated them since the series since it has been revisted during the modern era of football.

Would UL have went 6-6 last season in the SEC?

Assuming they played UK's schedule:

vs. EKU WIN

vs. FAU WIN

vs. Kent State WIN

vs. Vandy WIN

vs. Arkansas LOSS (tossup game, being the game would have been at Arkansas at a point that UL was really struggling I would take the Razorbacks)

vs. UK LOSS

vs. South Carolina LOSS

vs. Georgia LOSS

vs. Tennessee LOSS

vs. Florida LOSS

vs. LSU LOSS

vs. Miss. State LOSS

4-8, 5-7 at best IMO.

Reverse the roles and the teams I think teams that beat UK are WVU and USF, with close tossups with Rutgers and UCONN.

The 8 win season arguements for UL in the Big East are less than valid IMO, because there have been quite a few years that UL had solid seasons but probably would have been lucky to earn 8 wins in the SEC. (I will definately say that the UL Orange Bowl team was legit and would have competed for the SEC Title) UK has not had a team in the modern era that sniffed the success of that UL team and for any UK fan to deny that is proposterous. But, I also could have seen that same team losing 2-3 games in the SEC as well and playing in the Peach Bowl instead of the BCS.

Would UL have went 6-6 last season in the SEC?

Assuming they played UK's schedule:

vs. EKU WIN

vs. FAU WIN

vs. Kent State WIN

vs. Vandy WIN

vs. Arkansas LOSS (tossup game, being the game would have been at Arkansas at a point that UL was really struggling I would take the Razorbacks)

vs. UK LOSS

vs. South Carolina LOSS

vs. Georgia LOSS

vs. Tennessee LOSS

vs. Florida LOSS

vs. LSU LOSS

vs. Miss. State LOSS

4-8, 5-7 at best IMO.

Reverse the roles and the teams I think teams that beat UK are WVU and USF, with close tossups with Rutgers and UCONN.

The 8 win season arguements for UL in the Big East are less than valid IMO, because there have been quite a few years that UL had solid seasons but probably would have been lucky to earn 8 wins in the SEC. (I will definately say that the UL Orange Bowl team was legit and would have competed for the SEC Title) UK has not had a team in the modern era that sniffed the success of that UL team and for any UK fan to deny that is proposterous. But, I also could have seen that same team losing 2-3 games in the SEC as well and playing in the Peach Bowl instead of the BCS.

UofL could have just as easily won as many games last year as UK did with the same schedule any way you put it. UK was not that much better than UofL if any.

For the record, UL has earned their success and UK has NOT reached those accolades on the National level. UK's program continues to significantly improve on all levels, and some UK fans are overzealous to jump on the troubles UL ahs had the past two seasons. UL could be resorting back to the "Pre-John L. and Petrino" days, but I personally think that this is just mandatory housekeeping and the Cards will be back to competing for the Big East very soon.

I personally wouldn't mind having two teams in the state of Kentucky who are able to consistently remain in the Top 25....

UofL could have just as easily won as many games last year as UK did with the same schedule any way you put it. UK was not that much better than UofL if any.

There is no humanly way possible that UL could have defeated any SEC team aside from Vandy, let alone LSU... the UL defense was too porous and they showed little to no marked improvement from the beginning of the year until the end. UL's run game was too inconcistent and their secondary was atrocious... believing anything else is dillusional.

There is no humanly way possible that UL could have defeated any SEC team aside from Vandy, let alone LSU... the UL defense was too porous and they showed little to no marked improvement from the beginning of the year until the end. UL's run game was too inconcistent and their secondary was atrocious... believing anything else is dillusional.

So the UK/UofL game can be decided by one play but UofL has zero chance against any of the good teams UK beat? Please. Vandy was the only team UofL could have beaten? That's just ridiculous. I'm not claiming UofL was anything they weren't but if they were playing to their potential(which they didn't most of the year) they could have most certainly beaten anyone UK did or some they didn't for that matter on any given day. This is a moot point anyways but you are stretching it.

I never said Vandy was the only team they could beat, just the only team i would expect them to beat considering where UL was at throughout the season compared to when they would have played those teams. And what is potential if it is never met? UL's potential last year was more the fans unreal expectations that were stretched out of proportion and never met (much like any fan that thinks UK will be better this year and superior to UL). Was potential the highly overrated laziness known as Mario Uruttia, the over-hyped and underperforming Woodny Tuerrenne, the porous O-line, the backfield of Stripling and Allen who improved none whatsoever from 06 to 07? If you want to touch on potential, then UK could very easily have been a 10 or 11 win team last season with wins over LSU, Florida, and Tennessee.(Now thank your lucky stars that didn't happen or just imagine how annoying UK fans would be coming off that season!)

Deep breath, UL fans....UUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM....feel the Zen moment......UUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....Now, chant with me..... "Out of the ashes...." :D We'll be fine. Really. The past is the past. We are building a future. The future is ours....say it.....it works!

In beating LSU, UK proved they were good enough to beat any team that was on UofL's schedule however, Utah and Cincinnati were both good enough not to be dismissed as a gimmie win.

In beating LSU, UK proved they were good enough to beat any team that was on UofL's schedule however, Utah and Cincinnati were both good enough not to be dismissed as a gimmie win.

I concede that.... Kentucky would match up well with UC IMO... but Utah was very talented and would have given UK fits.

I never said Vandy was the only team they could beat, just the only team i would expect them to beat considering where UL was at throughout the season compared to when they would have played those teams. And what is potential if it is never met? UL's potential last year was more the fans unreal expectations that were stretched out of proportion and never met (much like any fan that thinks UK will be better this year and superior to UL). Was potential the highly overrated laziness known as Mario Uruttia, the over-hyped and underperforming Woodny Tuerrenne, the porous O-line, the backfield of Stripling and Allen who improved none whatsoever from 06 to 07? If you want to touch on potential, then UK could very easily have been a 10 or 11 win team last season with wins over LSU, Florida, and Tennessee.(Now thank your lucky stars that didn't happen or just imagine how annoying UK fans would be coming off that season!)

Out of all the people you listed the only one I was disappointed in was Stripling, the others generally were right where I though they would be except for Woodny(I had no idea what to expect from him). Personally I think most of the potential laid within the coaching and that was the only real mystery coming in and after Petrino left we really didn't have anywhere to go besides down. The secondary, which despite all of our NFL talent we've had the last 5 years, has been atrocious over that entire timespan imo but it's been covered up by the others strengths we've had. Personally I think the defense will be less talented this season than it was last year but they will perform much better on the field based on everything that English has been doing. As far as I'm concerned, he's the savior of the program at the moment. Back to the point, I understand what you're saying now but in the original few posts you made it seem as though UofL had zero chance against any of those teams which is ridiculous.

We can never know who would have done what with the other's schedule. However, UK had a better season and bigger wins including the win over UL.

The thread is really about UL and too many fans in a panic. I truly believe if they let Kragthorpe do what needs to be done, we can have 2 consistent winning football teams in the state at the D1 level and everyone can be happy!