What Celebrity's Death really hit home?

MJAlltheWay24

Might seem like a kind of random thread...but everytime I watch a Heath Ledger movie, I am still a little baffled that he isn't alive anymore and won't be coming out with anymore movies after The Dark Knight. It got me thinking because he is probably the first celebrity death that really hit home for me. It's almost like you knew them personally, ya know?

So...who was the first celebrity's death that kinda hit home for you?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, I don't know about celebrity, but I distinctly recall being hit hard by Peter Jennings' death.

But really the death of anyone of prominence bothers me. Just the notion that someone was here and now they never will be again. That we'll never see George Carlin again. Or Charlton Heston. Or Tim Russert.

In my childhood, I remember when the space shuttle blew up. I can't remember her name, but there was a female teacher on board so our whole elementary school was watching the launch when it happened.

The death of a celebrity has never "hit home" with me. Too many others dying in this world to get all bent out of shape over some coddled, over-paid, entertainer's death. Especially the suicides, ODs and other behaviors that cause an early death. I'll save my grief for those I know and love and for the little ones that leave far too early.