I'm Quitting

MBWC41

I couldn't have said this any better. Please don't ever let a nasty habit bring you to the point that I was Saturday before last. It isn't a pleasant surgery and recovery...just to be honest...sucks!!!

I have not wanted the first smoke. I decided, in just a second, that nothing was more important than my marriage and growing old with my husband.

I will not be one of those people who fuss at others for smoking but I will do all I can to try to get them to understand the difference between living and dieing. HINT: living is much better:thumb:

Hey gal ... it's great to see you back. Still praying for you. My dad is going on about 5 years smoke free. He had 5 bypasses that convinced him to give up smoking cold turkey. He doesn't spend the small fortune on cigs. no more but he is spending a lot on those little brachs peppermint discs. He said they do the trick. Again rebelk great to see you back.

Hey gal ... it's great to see you back. Still praying for you. My dad is going on about 5 years smoke free. He had 5 bypasses that convinced him to give up smoking cold turkey. He doesn't spend the small fortune on cigs. no more but he is spending a lot on those little brachs peppermint discs. He said they do the trick. Again rebelk great to see you back.

It's great being back!!!! I told BF that I would post a bit, rest a bit, and then come back and post somemore. If a 5 bypass doesn't make you stop smokimg then nothing will. Good luck to your Dad for a continued heathly life.

Smoking that is.

I spend way too much money on smokes and it's just not healthy.

I was close to quitting a year or so ago, I was down to one smoke a day. Then my grandpa died and I kind of lost it and gave up.

I'm not gonna lie, I like to party so that makes it a little tougher.

Any advice or tips for breaking this nasty habit of mine ?

Anyone ever tried any type of prescription medication to help ? Patches or Gum?

A couple of guys here at work used that new pill to help them quit and it seemed to work.

Personally, I quit cold turkey. Get through the first couple of weeks and it's not that bad. The biggest thing you have to watch is once you have gone a month or so don't talk yourself into having just one every now an again. I made that mistake years ago when I tried to quit. Before I knew it I was a full time smoker again. Also the cutting back slowly method really doesn't work either. It's either all or none.

A couple of guys here at work used that new pill to help them quit and it seemed to work.

QUOTE]

That pill is called Chantex. It does work but the side affects can be troubling. I advise anyone to do a thorough on-line search, talk to your doctor, and make yourself and someone close to you aware of trouble signs to watch out for. Although the program is supposed to last at least 12 weeks, I recommend one stop taking the pill just as soon as they feel they have gotten the nicotine out of their system and have adjusted to life without a smoke. (for me that was under six weeks and I probably should have stopped sooner).

That pill is called Chantex. It does work but the side affects can be troubling. I advise anyone to do a thorough on-line search, talk to your doctor, and make yourself and someone close to you aware of trouble signs to watch out for. Although the program is supposed to last at least 12 weeks, I recommend one stop taking the pill just as soon as they feel they have gotten the nicotine out of their system and have adjusted to life without a smoke. (for me that was under six weeks and I probably should have stopped sooner).

The only side effects reported by the 3 guys that took it here at work was dry mouth and some nausia. But I have heard some have experienced bad side effects.

It's great being back!!!! I told BF that I would post a bit, rest a bit, and then come back and post somemore. If a 5 bypass doesn't make you stop smokimg then nothing will. Good luck to your Dad for a continued heathly life.

Welcome back and congrats on quitting!!! Good luck on the road to recovery!

Congratulations!!! I have been trying to get a few friends to quit as well. I offered to match the money they were spending on cigs for 3 months as a motivation. They have yet to take me up on my offer.

Wow. You must be a good friend. I'm surprised they haven't taken you up on it.

The only side effects reported by the 3 guys that took it here at work was dry mouth and some nausia. But I have heard some have experienced bad side effects.

There has been some discussion of taking it off the market after several reports of suicide attempts and tendencies. Vivid, sometimes frightening dreams, depression, paranoia, and addiction to the drug itself are reported frequently. Some of these may be symptoms of withdrawal from smoking but they're not sure yet.

Personally, for me, it was paranoia. Plus the hallucination that I had imaginary friends on some internet web site. ;)

Wow. You must be a good friend. I'm surprised they haven't taken you up on it.

I must not be too good of a friend yet. I guess that is why I am not in sales... I watched a family member die of lung cancer and if 3 months worth of cigs money stops another person from the same fate it is by far a worthy investment. What I did not mention is the other half of the bargain though. If they made it through the three months and relapsed they had to pay me back half... ;-)

Making it through the first week is the toughest and if you can go 30 days without it, you are home free.