Organizations Concurring That Global Warming Evidence Exists

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then I will sit this one out.

I won't. 31,000 scientists (10 times the number of scientists who signed the IPCC accord) have signed a petition indicating that there are serious flaws in the contention that the Earth is in an upward heat cycle, or that humans are acclerating it.

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2008/05/15/prnewswire200805151239PR_NEWS_USPR_____DC22531.html

No one is mentioning the G-Man here but you. Why do you insist on bringing him up throughout the thread?

No one here has suggested we do every single thing that the former V.P. says.

I am not basing my argument on the idea that he is wrong because I don't like him; in fact, in my first post I mentioned that it is wrong that many are against global warming because of his involvement, and I disagree with it.

If I was attacking him and his motives specifically as my main defense, then you'd be right. But I haven't done that- in fact, I gave him a little credit, mentioning that possibly he has good intentions of bringing attention to this issue. And it is unavoidable that he has become the face of the issue, especially to a casual observer like me.

And once again, I want to say that I haven't used his name as a central point for my argument.

I don't feel like my use of his name was inappropriate, sorry I upset you. And I won't do it again. Maybe I only used his name because I knew that the term G-man being associated with him would upset an NYG fan like yourself :lol:

BTW, who is he, like Voldemort, that I can't use his name?

First, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Since when does the number of scientists agreeing prove or disprove a theory?

Science is not finite. The fact that 31,000 scientists are signing a petition means nothing to me. There is no way for them to completely disprove the theory. The proof is generations into the future, and none will be here to see it proven or disproven.

Lastly, Forbes is a magazine for big business. Of course they'll report the 31,00 who signed the petition. I'll be interested to see which agencies/organizations/companies these 31,000 represent. Do keep me posted.

I am not basing my argument on the idea that he is wrong because I don't like him; in fact, in my first post I mentioned that it is wrong that many are against global warming because of his involvement, and I disagree with it.

If I was attacking him and his motives specifically as my main defense, then you'd be right. But I haven't done that- in fact, I gave him a little credit, mentioning that possibly he has good intentions of bringing attention to this issue. And it is unavoidable that he has become the face of the issue, especially to a casual observer like me.

And once again, I want to say that I haven't used his name as a central point for my argument.

I don't feel like my use of his name was inappropriate, sorry I upset you. And I won't do it again. Maybe I only used his name because I knew that the term G-man being associated with him would upset an NYG fan like yourself :lol:

BTW, who is he, like Voldemort, that I can't use his name?

That doesn't upset me at all.

First, this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Since when does the number of scientists agreeing prove or disprove a theory?

Science is not finite. The fact that 31,000 scientists are signing a petition means nothing to me. There is no way for them to completely disprove the theory. The proof is generations into the future, and none will be here to see it proven or disproven.

Lastly, Forbes is a magazine for big business. Of course they'll report the 31,00 who signed the petition. I'll be interested to see which agencies/organizations/companies these 31,000 represent. Do keep me posted.

Forbes is an organization devoted to the coverage of business and is highly reputable. I have never known anyone on here to claim they are not fair-minded, but if it suits you, Google it and go to the National Press Club website, which is where Forbes got the press release.

There are over 9,000 PhD's included in the signing.

If the numbers don't impress you, I don't ever again want to hear you argue that the number of people who believe in the theory 'can't be wrong,' and your first post seems, in light of numbers, to be questionable. If you put 100 scientists in a room to look at the same data, and 60 say it looks like global warming, and 40 say it doesn't, I don't think it means 'you win.' It means that there is a question, something that merits continued research and study, and not a lot of ridiculous expenditure, gross overregulation, and harbinging of death.

I won't. 31,000 scientists (10 times the number of scientists who signed the IPCC accord) have signed a petition indicating that there are serious flaws in the contention that the Earth is in an upward heat cycle, or that humans are acclerating it.

http://www.forbes.com/prnewswire/feeds/prnewswire/2008/05/15/prnewswire200805151239PR_NEWS_USPR_____DC22531.html

Man, 31,000 scientists sure does sound like a lot of brainiacs, man. And, published by Forbes, they are well known smart dudes. Plus, 10 times the number of scientists who side with the warm globe thing. Dude that sounds awful convincing to me.

Man, 31,000 scientists sure does sound like a lot of brainiacs, man. And, published by Forbes, they are well known smart dudes. Plus, 10 times the number of scientists who side with the warm globe thing. Dude that sounds awful convincing to me.

Welcome to P&R, TBO!

However, I vote that you change your avatar from Jeff Spicoli to Jeffrey Lebowski.

That does not necessarily mean that is 10 times the number of scientists who agree that with the global warming. That just means 10 times signed a petition...

Welcome to P&R, TBO!

However, I vote that you change your avatar from Jeff Spicoli to Jeffrey Lebowski.

Thanks, Hearsay. "The Dude" is a righteously cool, well, dude. I might have to use his little picture thing from time to time, man. But, you have to agree that Spicoli is pretty cool too, man.

That does not necessarily mean that is 10 times the number of scientists who agree that with the global warming. That just means 10 times signed a petition...

I don't know halfback. One time this hot young babe came and knocked on my mom's front door, man. So, of course, I ran and answered it, thinking she may be looking for a cool guy to go out with. But, it turned out she wanted me to sign a petition about getting a school official fired, man. I had no beef with that man, I didn't want the dude to loose his job, so I told her that I wasn't cool with what she wanted, and said I didn't want to sign her petition, man.

I asked her out anyway, but it turned out she had some hairy leg boy friend. Bummer, man.

I would think those brainiac scientist would be smart enough to say they were not cool with that petition, if they thought it was uncool. I bet they thought it was cool and that is why they signed it, man.

Don't you believe that global warming advocates would, by now, have gotten as many signatures on something from scientists supporting their position as they possibly could have? Particularly with debate on the Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act coming up?