Warren East Job?

Rumor has it around Bowling Green Curtis Turley was going to be offered the job. Warren East has won more regional titles than anyone in the 4th region. I don't know what they have coming up, but this should be an attractive job.

Rumor has it around Bowling Green Curtis Turley was going to be offered the job. Warren East has won more regional titles than anyone in the 4th region. I don't know what they have coming up, but this should be an attractive job.

The bit about the regional titles is no longer true. Warren Central has 10 Fourth Region Titles to East's 9. That's just titles in that region, Bowling Green has 11 titles counting those won in the Fifth Region and Third Region.

There are downsides to the East job, but a lot of those have been mitigated by poor support and poor coaching in the recent time. The school has not won a postseason game since 1997. After Tommy Compton retired the school has had difficulty getting players to come out. Coach Malone employed a reboot strategy, starting four freshmen starting in 2004/05, and those four started every year through this season. While that led to a more successful year wins-wise for the Raiders this season, it did not include any postseason success and there were rumblings that the players and parents were not happy with Coach Malone, which mean that I was not surprised at all when he left for a job in Tennessee.

East does have some talent coming up, most notably returning starter Shenard Holton (unless he focuses solely on football), and has a monster of potential coming in Mark Biggs. Turley is certainly an excellent coach and would probably do a lot to help that program, but it's no guarantee that that success will come quickly and given his track record for leaving in a hurry, I don't know how good that fit really is.

Why would they go after someone who won't be around long enough to develop anyone? He is just trying to get back into it to get a job knocking some young guy out that wants to build something, guys like this need to give it up.