CovCath 3 Scott 2

CovCath 3 Scott (Kenton) 2 in one of the best HS games that I have seen this season.

Both teams pitchers Isler of CovCath, Adkins and #3 of Scott pitched some outstanding baseball tonight.

The #2 play of the game. With two outs and no one on in the top of the third Isler gets a base hit, and a pinch runner steal second base, Nutini then walks and VanSant with a 2-2 count hits a double scoring both CovCath runners to put CovCath up at the time 3-0

The biggest play of the game. Bottom of the sixth with the score 3-2 CovCath the first batter for Scott #11 draws a walk, and then #2 puts down a great bunt for a base hit. Men on 1st and 2nd with no outs for Scott. The next Scott batter #5 puts down a sac bunt moving both runner now to 2nd and 3rd, now with one out, and with Scotts number nine batter at the plate, CovCath throws a pitch out to see if the Eagles are trying to squeeze. With the count 1-1 the Eagles put on the squeeze but Isler throws it up and in tight and the Eagle batter misses on the bunt and CovCath gets the runner in a pickle and tags him out as the Eagle runner on second moves up to third. Now two outs and a 1-2 count on Scotts #9 batter. The next pitch is swung at and fouled off but on the next pitch Isler strikes out the batter for the third out of the inning.

The CovCath good:

CovCath played some good "D" tonight and played some smart baseball.

The CovCath bad:

Far too many men (11) LOB

CovCath pitching:

Zack Isler

7 complete innings 120 pitches 31 AB 6 Hits 5 walks 8 K's 2 runs 2 earned runs

CovCath hitting:

I will get to it in a minute

CovCath Hitters:

2 AB 1 hit 2 walks and 1 run scored Maile

3 AB 1 sac and reached base FC LaFever

3 AB 1 hit 1 walk 1 rbi and reached base FC Darner

4 AB 1 hit and 1 run scored Isler

3 AB 1 walk and 1 run scored Nutini

3 AB 2 hits double 1 walk and 2 rbi's VanSant

4 AB and 1 hit Holocher

3 AB reached base FC and 1 walk Niehaus

2 AB 1 hit and 1 walk Klein

Hopefully his stats aren't getting in his head?:irked:

I can honestly say that I can't believe that Zac Adams would ever allow his stats to go to his head. This young man is as down to earth for a kid his age, that I have ever had to pleasure to know. Zac is one of those hard working academic types of kids who doesn't need a baseball scholarship to attend college, his academic success at Scott and on the ACT will get him a free ride to most any college he wants to attend, be that the Ivy League or some such outstanding school of his choice. However saying that, Zac loves baseball and I am sure if the opportunity arose at the right school, that wouldn't allow baseball to get in the way of his academic dreams, he would play the game in a heart beat. Zac Adams, letting his stats go to his head? No way, no how..........not in a million, zillion years!!!

BTW a little bio thanks to the Kentucky Colonels website:

Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Position: P, 1B
Birthdate: May 12, 1990
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 220
Grade: 12
Class: 2008
Comments:
Zach is a senior at Scott High school where he has achieved very impressive academic success. He carries a 4.3 GPA, is ranked 11th out of a class of 265 and scored a 29 on the ACT. He has been on the Dean’s List all 4 years, was nominated for Remke’s Awards Scholarship, the Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship and has been invited by the University of Cincinnati to participate in the Cincinnatus Scholarship Competition. He is also a member of the National Honor Society, Chemistry Club and German Club. Zach has already been accepted as a Pre-Pharmacy student by the University of Cincinnati, Butler University, University of Tennessee and the University of Kentucky.

Zach is a member of the varsity Baseball team and as junior was selected to play for the East Division All Star team where he came through with a 3 run home run.