Grant Co. 3 Scott 2

Today was the opening day for Grant County's new field and boy was it a game. Josh Cummins got the start for the braves while Adams got the nod for the Eagles. Josh allowed one run in 1st and then another in the 2nd. Adams allowed one run in the first off a HR and then allowed 2 runs in the 2nd (at least which 1 was unearned and maybe the other two).

Neither pitcher deserved to lose this game tonight.

I believe Cummins had about 6 Ks tonight while Adams had 10-12 Ks.

The Eagles just couldn't get the bats going tonight at any part of the line up and now will have to rebound against the Juggs from Lloyd tomorrow at Scott @ 5:00.

On a side note, tonight was the first time I've seen Adams throw hard all year and throw that way the whole game. Threw strikes, and threw some nasty change-ups and curves. Despite the loss, it was a great sign to see Adams throwing hard again after he hurt his arm last year and he hurt his back earlier this year. Adams just looked dominant tonight other than making a bad pitch or two with 1-2 counts in the first and second innings.

How about some love for Grant County? They are 13-4 so far up from 12-13 last season.

I gave them love after they beat Conner and everyone was all about "What's wrong with Conner?"

Said, then and I'll say now, Grant's pretty good. More love to the Braves after beating a quality Eagles team.