Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillipsie talking with Oklahoma State ?

Featured Replies

He is not waiting on the OSU move to play out per se, meaning UK would be open...his season just finished, he got on plane Friday to go to the Final Four.

He is a high priority guy for LSU, but is weighing his options about LSU,there are some concerns about LSU from his standpoint.

 

LSU is going to likely lose Randolph and Morgan.

Getting on the plane to go to the FF is what ends a lot of careers at a lesser job. We both know that.

Ford has an eye on UK. I don't think that's hard to believe given what's going on in San Antonio...

  • Replies 181
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OSU has talked twice with the representatives of another coach in the last day regarding their head coaching position.

For personal reasons, BCG is my all-time favorite college basketball coach. I am not a UK fan, never-have-been-never-will-be but I will always be a Billy Gilliespie fan.

 

Good luck to him. He deserves good things.

I would have to imagine that BCG and Self were not the only candidates on a short list.

 

I do think, however:

 

 

If you want money and a mess, OSU is the place to be.

 

If you want to be the Lap Dog of a Sugar Daddy who apparently runs his own personal state run university, OSU is the place to be.

 

If you want to establish yourself and move up the ladder of success, UK/IU/NC/Kansas/Duke/UCLA/Etc. are the places to be.

 

OSU will make you rich, but you will get nowhere with the school's Basketball program. Rebuild them into an NCAA tourney team regularly, but I don't see anyone turning them into a true mover and shaker in NCAA basketball on the level of the aforementioned teams. The real question is, will either coach take a GIANT step back for money after building themselves up into the sport's elite school's head positions ????

OSU has talked twice with the representatives of another coach in the last day regarding their head coaching position.

 

Where in the world do some of you all get your info? I'm not directly referring to you LABS or this post but I read all of these posts and everyone seems to know something on the "inside". It's ridiculous! Some people hear things from the other end of a bar and post it on here like it's a notorized copy of soomething. I just don't understand it. I don't think anyone knows what is going on with OSU or BCG or Self for that matter. To those of you who do actually have a legitimate connection to the program and who get legitimate information because I know you do exist, I apologize. This post is not for you. It's for the people who just hear stuff and post it like it's the word of god.

 

"My uncle who once worked with this guy who used to date this girl who grew up with this other girl whose Dad worked for this guy who graduated from UK in 1962 said that............(Fill in Rumor)"

Where in the world do some of you all get your info? I'm not directly referring to you LABS or this post but I read all of these posts and everyone seems to know something on the "inside". It's ridiculous! Some people hear things from the other end of a bar and post it on here like it's a notorized copy of soomething. I just don't understand it. I don't think anyone knows what is going on with OSU or BCG or Self for that matter. To those of you who do actually have a legitimate connection to the program and who get legitimate information because I know you do exist, I apologize. This post is not for you. It's for the people who just hear stuff and post it like it's the word of god.

 

"My uncle who once worked with this guy who used to date this girl who grew up with this other girl whose Dad worked for this guy who graduated from UK in 1962 said that............(Fill in Rumor)"

 

Good post, I think we should wait for the first domino to fall before we try to place the rest. :thumb:

Theres only a small percentage of coaches who would leave a UNC, UCLA, UK, Kansas, etc. for any other job, and a leave from one of these schools would basically only be to fulfill a personal interest. Most coaches work to try and get at one of these school's, so no chance BCG bolts from UK to OSU IMO. He loves the challenge of restoring one of the elite programs in basketball too good to restore something that has been turned into a mess.

Where in the world do some of you all get your info? I'm not directly referring to you LABS or this post but I read all of these posts and everyone seems to know something on the "inside". It's ridiculous! Some people hear things from the other end of a bar and post it on here like it's a notorized copy of soomething. I just don't understand it. I don't think anyone knows what is going on with OSU or BCG or Self for that matter. To those of you who do actually have a legitimate connection to the program and who get legitimate information because I know you do exist, I apologize. This post is not for you. It's for the people who just hear stuff and post it like it's the word of god.

 

"My uncle who once worked with this guy who used to date this girl who grew up with this other girl whose Dad worked for this guy who graduated from UK in 1962 said that............(Fill in Rumor)"

 

Believe what you want to believe.

There is always talk at the Final Four with rumors and whatnot.

All I can tell you is that I know a few people who are privy to some things. I know one person who was with Travis Ford last week in New York.

I know one person who is friends with a D-1 head coach and was on vacation with him last week.

I told people last week who was the front runner for the WKU job when people were falling all over themselves about Knight and the guy I mentioned was hired...

So believe it if you want...no one said it was gospel. Things change..so what is good copy today may not hold true in a matter of a few hours.

No one is on here trying to mislead people.

Believe what you want to believe.

There is always talk at the Final Four with rumors and whatnot.

All I can tell you is that I know a few people who are privy to some things. I know one person who was with Travis Ford last week in New York.

I know one person who is friends with a D-1 head coach and was on vacation with him last week.

I told people last week who was the front runner for the WKU job when people were falling all over themselves about Knight and the guy I mentioned was hired...

So believe it if you want...no one said it was gospel. Things change..so what is good copy today may not hold true in a matter of a few hours.

No one is on here trying to mislead people.

 

Somebody always knows somebody, but I don't know somebody who knows somebody that knows Travis Ford, BCG, anyone from OSU, LSU or U. I just know that logic tells me that BCG leaving for OSU would not be the kind of job he would move to at this stage.

 

Money? No way, UK may not be paying $3.5M, but I can believe that his overall package is just as good. If it's about money, he knows he will make it at UK if he is successful.

 

Recruiting? UK is one of 5 schools in the country that recruits based on it's name. BCG is a great recruiter anyhow.

 

Prestige of the program? no sense in explaining that one

 

UK will always be a basketball school (although Football and Baseball are trying to make us think otherwise), that will always be at the top of the pecking order in the SEC.

 

OSU - Football country, that recruits OK, but will not be in a position to be at the top of the Big 12 year in and year out.

 

BCG leaving, not now, not for OSU - thats my opinion, what's yours :jump:

THis is hilarious!!!!

I don't think Ford would be a serious target for UK. Simply saying it's a hot topic in the coaching world, and he's playing his hand...

 

Even if UK doesn't want Ford, he could still wait it out and possibly get more money from the Tigers...I don't blame him for waiting it out.

So then Sean Miller would be named the Pitt head coach. :thumb:

 

You connect the dots pretty well... :sssh:

 

Kindergarten was his best year of school. After that, it was all down hill.:lol::lol::lol::p

Kindergarten was his best year of school. After that, it was all down hill.:lol::lol::lol::p

 

WOW - youre kidding right :p

WOW - youre kidding right :p

 

No he hit that nail pretty well on the head. After that it was all down hill for me. :sssh::sssh:

LBBC are you like 30 lbs lighter now?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.