Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillipsie talking with Oklahoma State ?

Featured Replies

So its a big conspiracy between UMass, LSU, UK and Oklahoma State?

No. Just a guy making an educated guess to let the process play out...

  • Replies 181
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Just a guy making an educated guess to let the process play out...

 

You implied pretty matter-of-factly that Ford knows BCG is going to OK State.

Anyone still wondering what the big deal about not having a contract signed was....no contract, no buyout, no reason for other schools to not go hard after him.

 

I understood it that the memorandum has a buy out with it.

 

The Memorandum of Understanding includes a BUYOUT provision that would require Gillispie to pay $3 million the first year, $2 million the second year and $ 1 million the third and fourth year if he leaves the University. This provision has already been agreed to by the parties.

 

 

Someone fill me in if im wrong..

You implied pretty matter-of-factly that Ford knows BCG is going to OK State.

 

Or at least that Ford was waiting to be sure before he inked with LSU. Isn't that what Gillispie did with Arkansas last year?

I was under the understanding that the memorandum has a buy out with it.

 

The Memorandum of Understanding includes a BUYOUT provision that would require Gillispie to pay $3 million the first year, $2 million the second year and $ 1 million the third and fourth year if he leaves the University. This provision has already been agreed to by the parties.

 

Doesn't the "new university" pick up the tab?

There is a reason Ford hasn't been announced at LSU. This is it...

 

GT - you are usually pretty solid on this type of news. Is this speculation or do you have some kind of inside scoop?

I really hope there is nothing to this...

Why? It is a down grade job. He is at the greatest job in America, why would you leave that for money and to lose? I don't think he is leaving he likes to win and OSU doesn't win in the Big 12.

 

Kind of like Texas A&M never won in the Big 12? Umm well until Gillispie took over. Texas A&M was much larger of a black hole than Oklahoma State ever thought about being. Gillispie won there he could win at Okie State. I just hope he doesn't want to.

You implied pretty matter-of-factly that Ford knows BCG is going to OK State.

 

I implied matter of factly he was waiting to see what happened...

GT - you are usually pretty solid on this type of news. Is this speculation or do you have some kind of inside scoop?

I really hope there is nothing to this...

 

I call it fear mongering. :D

GT - you are usually pretty solid on this type of news. Is this speculation or do you have some kind of inside scoop?

I really hope there is nothing to this...

 

Ford is playing his hand. Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like he doesn't want to make a move a few days too early...

Doesn't the "new university" pick up the tab?

 

I think so but I was just trying to find out if there was a buyout or not with the agreement. 98 said the was no buyout. I thought there was.:confused:

Ford is playing his hand. Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like he doesn't want to make a move a few days too early...

 

I might be sick.

Ford is playing his hand. Nothing is set in stone, but it sounds like he doesn't want to make a move a few days too early...

 

I can see that. But even if Gillispie goes I don't know if Ford would be the # 1 guy.

I might be sick.

It's not as bad as it sounds...

I was under the impression that it didn't. Even if it didn't. Not having a contract in place is a reason to target someone.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.