April 8, 200818 yr You connect the dots pretty well... :sssh: I try to be realistic. Something hard for people to do on here. :ylsuper::sssh:
April 8, 200818 yr Negatory So you are denying the coaching circles following what is going on? LSU wants to hire Ford. Ford wants to go to LSU, but wants to make sure UK isn't open. I don't think Gillispie goes to OK State. I do think Ford is smart for waiting to find out...
April 8, 200818 yr So you are denying the coaching circles following what is going on? LSU wants to hire Ford. Ford wants to go to LSU, but wants to make sure UK isn't open. I don't think Gillispie goes to OK State. I do think Ford is smart for waiting to find out... I agree with all of this. Ford would be crazy to jump at LSU right now. That job will be there in two weeks, just like it is right now. And if LSU moved over him, he's got a good gig at UMass with a nice resume to move toward another job.
April 8, 200818 yr Anyone still wondering what the big deal about not having a contract signed was....no contract, no buyout, no reason for other schools to not go hard after him. Pretty big buyout contract or not.
April 8, 200818 yr So you are denying the coaching circles following what is going on? LSU wants to hire Ford. Ford wants to go to LSU, but wants to make sure UK isn't open. I don't think Gillispie goes to OK State. I do think Ford is smart for waiting to find out... I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. GT is right on. LSU wants Ford but they're willing to wait for him because of his UK connections. Since they haven't announced him yet and he's their best option it doesn't hurt them. He might not be a serious candidate for the UK job but he has to make sure he does all he can. There is a lot going on here that will just have to work itself out.
April 8, 200818 yr I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. GT is right on. LSU wants Ford but they're willing to wait for him because of his UK connections. Since they haven't announced him yet and he's their best option it doesn't hurt them. He might not be a serious candidate for the UK job but he has to make sure he does all he can. There is a lot going on here that will just have to work itself out. And if LSU tries to pressure Ford into making a choice right now, they might lose him and have to start the process all over again.
April 8, 200818 yr And if LSU tries to pressure Ford into making a choice right now, they might lose him and have to start the process all over again. If they lose Ford they had another coach (better coach IMO) ready and willing to take the gig. :thumb: And he's still available.
April 8, 200818 yr If they lose Ford they had another coach (better coach IMO) ready and willing to take the gig. :thumb: And he's still available. Maybe, but that's not what they think. They want Ford.
April 8, 200818 yr So you are denying the coaching circles following what is going on? LSU wants to hire Ford. Ford wants to go to LSU, but wants to make sure UK isn't open. I don't think Gillispie goes to OK State. I do think Ford is smart for waiting to find out... He is not waiting on the OSU move to play out per se, meaning UK would be open...his season just finished, he got on plane Friday to go to the Final Four. He is a high priority guy for LSU, but is weighing his options about LSU,there are some concerns about LSU from his standpoint.
April 8, 200818 yr Maybe, but that's not what they think. They want Ford.My only point was that the whole "process" would not really need to restart. It was almost done once before. Wouldn't be hard to get it finished up now.
April 8, 200818 yr My only point was that the whole "process" would not really need to restart. It was almost done once before. Wouldn't be hard to get it finished up now. Understood. Maybe I missed this, but who is the other guy?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.