Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gillipsie talking with Oklahoma State ?

Featured Replies

Here's a scenerio for ya, see what you think about this.........

 

If Self goes to O.S.U., do you think Kansas would go after Billy G.?

 

I do! If Self leaves Kansas, I think the Jayhawks will go after the Self understudy. I don't know if BGC would go but he would definately be inheriting a program who is obviously championship material right now. What do you all think? Now, this is if Self does go to OSU.

 

Self going to OSU is a no go for the same reason that it would be a no go for BGC. It does not make sense to go to a school that Baskebtall will not be in the running for a National title. Kansas is one of five schools - Duke, NC, UCLA, KY, that recruiting is done with the name on the fron the shirt, pay will be in the $MM's, and Basketball will be number 1. These schools will always be at the top of the pack in their respective conferences, and will be in teh NCAA tournament every year.

 

Even though OSU is an alma mater, the school will not consistently recruit like a Kansa or UK, it's not even the #1 job in it's own conference, yeah, the money will be there, but it's a stretch to be at the top of the conference each year consistently. It doesn't fit.

  • Replies 181
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kentucky Assistant Coach Jeremy Cox delivered a message this week to the junior college coach of two UK recruiting targets: Don't believe the speculation about Billy Gillispie going to Oklahoma State.

 

"He wanted to reassure me that nothing was going on," said Barret Peery, the coach at Southern Idaho.

 

I'm not saying he's leaving (I highly doubt he is) but that doesn't really prove anything. Of corse he would say that.

Has BCG ever came out and said that he wasn't interested? I read the article from the link above, but why does an assistant coach have to say this? Why can't he have a press conference or something the way that Bill Self did? Seems kind of sketchy to me.

This just in................I also know of a friend of a friend of a 2nd removed 3rd cousin that says BCG is talking with Okla St., Kansas and several others that he is not letting out just yet. :D

 

With sources like that it must be true.:p

I'll believe it more when it comes from BCG and not one of his assistants -- much like what Self did the other day.

I wish they would just name two finalists for the OK State job or BCG saying he is not going.

If BCG did hold a presser to announce he is not interested, then anytime there is any sort of speculation he would expected to hold another one to refute those claims. This would turn into a circus, more so than it already is. Best to just stay out of the fray.

I could see Brown or Majerus being a fit at Stillwater ...........

Brown is a proven winner and should be the best candidate out there.

I'm talking about how they wanted to talk to the UK players after a game and Billy Clyde told them to get lost.

 

Who wouldn't want to tell Richie Farmer to get lost?

I think its outrageous to think that a model, upstanding citizen like Tubby Smith would be negotiating such a deal behind everyone's back :cool:

 

Could you blame him? Who would want to put up with the unrealistic expectations at Minnesota?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.