March 13, 200818 yr I didn't, but his stats were not too awful... 9 app, 4 w, 28 k's, 5.76 ERA. He also had 28 walks to go along with those K's. That won't cut it at the major league level.
March 13, 200818 yr I just feel this kid is going to be something very special this year. I'll be one extremely disappointed Reds fan if he's not in the starting rotation for the Reds at the beginning of the year. Here's Cueto's line against the Phillies tonight. 4 IP........ 1 H..........1BB........2 SO Cuetos' ERA for the sring is 1.00 If he isn't Baker should be fired on Opening day. The only negatives about that are: 1. It will start his arbitration clock earlier. 2. With Dusty's history he'll probably throw 300 innings and 130 pitches per game.
March 13, 200818 yr I must admit, I have my first man crush. :lol: He gets a tracking thread and he's not even out of spring training? WOW!!! Is this crush at first sight?
March 13, 200818 yr I must admit, I have my first man crush. :lol: So, you've lied to Rickyp as well as the Ol Duckster?:confused: He should start the year in the rotation and I hope we did not give Hamilton away for a minor league pitcher this year.:scared:
March 13, 200818 yr He isn't an "average ML pitcher", he is still young and has a lot to learn, and you can't expect him to come in and shut everyone down in his first 9 app in the bigs. Also I don't think he threw enough to tell if he is ready yet. In my opinion. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
March 14, 200818 yr The rotation should be Harang Arroyo Cueto Volquez Belisle/Affeldt/Fogg I think you can remove Affeldt from the equation after his performace against the Phillies! And if Volquez can duplicate his strikeout to walk ratio that he had against the Yanks, I don't know how you can keep him out either.
March 15, 200818 yr The Reds have 3 future/corrent aces. Harang is the current, and Bailey and Cuerto are the future aces of the Reds. Bailey has work, as does Cuerto, but that is what young players do, get help. The Reds are sitting pretty for the future with Phillips, Bruce, Votto, Bailey, Volquez, and Cuerto. Dunn is always a factor, Encarnacion is up and down, but when he is up, he is way up. Harang will be dominant for another 10 years or so, he is only 28 or 29. I like how this team is assembled. Malohney (sp?) I heard is also coming along pretty well also. In the pen they will have Bray, Coutlangous, and Burton. That is a pretty decent pen to build around.
March 15, 200818 yr Author Another solid outing for Bailey today. IP...... 3 1/3 H...........7 ER........6 K's.........3 BB.........2
March 15, 200818 yr Another solid outing for Bailey today. IP...... 3 1/3 H...........7 ER........6 K's.........3 BB.........2 Gosh.
March 15, 200818 yr From John Fay... Johnny Cueto is clearly the sensation of this camp. He’s been dominant in every outing. I figured there had to be an explanation. Cueto’s been good in his four years in the minors. But there was nothing to indicate that he was this good. So I asked the Reds’ expert on Dominican pitching, Mario Soto, if Cueto is doing something differently. Does he have a new pitch? Is his fastball suddenly better? “No,” Soto said. “He’s pitching the same way he’s always pitched. I saw him in Winter Ball. He was really good.” Cueto was 4-1 with a 2.84 ERA in Winter Ball, which close to major league level competition. My personal theory on Cueto? The more pressure, the better he gets. His ERA went down as he went from A to AA to AAA last year. Cueto’s next start is Tuesday against the Tigers. It’s on FSN. Dial it up the kid is fun to watch.
March 17, 200818 yr Cueto is pitching right on FSN. He is in a bit of trouble. Bases loaded with 1 out in the 1st.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.