Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track Johnny Cueto

Featured Replies

Guys, I don't care how old he is. Business is business. He still has some good value. Personally, I think he will not be as good as the other two youngsters. He supposedly has a bad attitude and doesn't listen well.

 

Regardless, the stock is high. Sell high, buy low (Brandon Phillips etc.) Bailey has not shown me, since being in the majors any evidence of being a big time starter. I would take the risk and deal him. The Reds shopped him around all winter, and the feedback was not nearly what they thought it would be. They tried to send him off for Bedard and Blanton. But the O's and A's wanted to much in return.

 

I hope I am wrong about him, but I got a gut feeling his a flop.

 

I guess two starts where he went six innings and only gave up a run didn't show he could pitch in the big leagues, or a 4-2 record. His stuff is there, his control and his know how isn't. He might not be as good as the other two, but If he is the number 3, He might be the best number 3 in the majors.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you are right about his attitude. I think another year in AAA might change that real quick. In his first start in the Bigs last year Ross came out to talk to him and he told him to get his fat butt back behind the plate. He just needs a little more time thats only he is way far ahead of the game right now. He is only 20 no way do I trade him at this point.

123 second..

 

Very nice comeback, still threw a lot of balls in the second. But looking at his minor league stats, he doesn't walk a lot of people.

Here are some interesting opinions on Bailey:

 

Quote:

ESPN's Peter Gammons posted to his blog yesterday; let's take a look. More negative vibes around the Reds' Homer Bailey. His apparent availability seems odd given his talent. Bailey was described by an evaluator friend of Buster Olney as "someone who thinks he's got it all figured out."

 

From his latest ESPN Insider blog...

 

• The stock of Cincinnati prospect Homer Bailey seems to have taken a dramatic tumble in the past year. Talent evaluators say the Reds have demonstrated a clear willingness to deal Bailey, while coveting fellow prospect Johnny Cueto. And rival teams have grown increasingly skeptical about whether the young right-hander will make the adjustments necessary to become a successful big league pitcher. "What you hear is that [bailey] is someone who thinks he's got it all figured out," one evaluator said.

 

.....this was from Olney.

 

 

You say Reds people are still sold, then I wonder where these rumors are coming from. And these two guys are two of the best, most reliable in the biz.

Cueto has retired 8 straight, his curve just drops right off the table and he brings the fastball.

Cueto has retired 8 straight, his curve just drops right off the table and he brings the fastball.

 

He is a stud, no doubt about it.

 

I can't wait for opening day:flame:

He is a stud, no doubt about it.

 

I can't wait for opening day:flame:

 

Go Reds. Affeldt is officially back to the pen, straight out of Dusty's mouth.

He is also pretty sold on Ceuto and Volquez. Fogg as well. Belise is hurt, nothing about Bailey.

The staff looks like it will end up being Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez and Fogg. Just by the way Dust is talking.

  • Author
The staff looks like it will end up being Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez and Fogg. Just by the way Dust is talking.

 

 

That would be the best starting 5 the Reds have had in a long time. I honestly think the Reds can win the NL Central with that staff.

He is also pretty sold on Ceuto and Volquez. Fogg as well. Belise is hurt, nothing about Bailey.

 

I read that too. He said, as of right now Ceouto and Volquez are in the rotation, along with Fogg.

 

Like I said before, it is nice to have options for once.

I read that too. He said, as of right now Ceouto and Volquez are in the rotation, along with Fogg.

 

Like I said before, it is nice to have options for once.

 

Didn't nessicary flat out say it, but sounded like it. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.