Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 63 Kentucky 60

Featured Replies

Should UK be fortunate enough to win their next 2, this game is going to make it hard for the NCAA to use the "no PP" factor.

 

If UK beats Florida, they are in and Florida will be out.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Stevenson and Harris keep it up! Great game plan, didn't work early but the Cats stuck with the drive and dish down low to anyone (Stevenson, Harris, even Bradley). Then they started milking the clock which helped them conserve energy, shorten the game, and make UT work hard on defense for 35 seconds. Also good D on Lofton not letting him many looks from 3.

Ole Miss is likely going to have 20 or 21 wins and they still might not get in. I think UK 20 wins makes UK a lock, 19 wins puts them very close.

 

UK will be in before Ole Miss unless they make a run in the SEC tourney.

I am like a lot of others have said, I was very impressed with the effort and hustle that these Wildcats showed today. Stevenson imo was very impressive and the coaching job that BCG did in gettng this team ready to go without Patterson was great. BCG flat outcoached Pearl to day.

This team played with heart and desire and did not quit. A short handed U.K. team with a chance to tie and/or win in that place down south I75 says a lot for this teams heart.

All that said though, I am not into "moral" victories and a loss is a loss. I hope that we can get the remaining two left on our schedule and make an SEC tournament run. As the great Jimmy Valvano said.....Never give up, don't ever give up.

 

GO BIG BLUE!!!

Yet another UK thread that gets hyjacked by Tubby comments and negativity.

 

How has it got hijacked? I guess you didn't read the rest of it. Everything was positive about the team, and their effort. I know I was very proud of them today, they played their hearts out and almost pulled it out. :thumb:

I was just listening to BCG's radio show, and he actually almost broke down when he started talking about this team and how tough they are and how special they are and have become. It about made Tom Leach lose it too.

 

BCG said this has been one of his favorite teams to be around, because they have become such a close TEAM, and have had to deal with so much adverstiy, but continue to lay it on the line.

 

IMO BCG's style and demeanor and blue collar aproach is going to be a great match made with the UK faithful. I am really excited with the direction of our basketball program.

:thumb::thumb:

 

Great post. Now that they boys have bought into Billy Clyde's system it will only be a few more years until the nets come down!

As bad as UT played, Kentucky should have won this game but couldn't pull it out.

 

I don't think a loss should be a moral victory though.

 

UT doesn't have a solitified big man and the uptempo pace of UT favored UK. When Uk faces a team with a good big man they'll be in trouble not having PP down low. Stevenson will get in foul trouble.

Glad to see the end of Chris Lofton vs UK.

 

And the guys calling the game saying, "UK didnt recruit this guy."

 

UK did have a winning record vs Lofton at 5-3.

 

6-3 vs. Lofton.

UT doesn't have a solitified big man and the uptempo pace of UT favored UK. When Uk faces a team with a good big man they'll be in trouble not having PP down low. Stevenson will get in foul trouble.

 

Kentucky dictated the pace of the game. If the Cats would have been out and running in an uptempo game, they lose by 30+ points.

Kentucky dictated the pace of the game. If the Cats would have been out and running in an uptempo game, they lose by 30+ points.

 

:thumb: I thought at U.K. controling the tempo into a more halfcourt game, spreading it out today was key. A great coaching job by BCG, he imo flat out coached and schooled B. Pearl in this one.

I agree in that if U.K. would have went to running/pressing game that U.T. likes it may have gotten ugly.

I wonder who wants to face UK in the NCAA tourney's first round now? I wouldn't want any part of it. This is tough, tough team.

:thumb: I thought at U.K. controling the tempo into a more halfcourt game, spreading it out today was key. A great coaching job by BCG, he imo flat out coached and schooled B. Pearl in this one.

I agree in that if U.K. would have went to running/pressing game that U.T. likes it may have gotten ugly.

 

Very much so! This UT team is talented, but I don't see them making it far into the tournament. They beat Memphis, but Memphis is the same type of team that UT is. They will run into trouble when they play a team that takes them away from their gameplan like UK did today.

 

UT doesn't have a solitified big man and the uptempo pace of UT favored UK. When Uk faces a team with a good big man they'll be in trouble not having PP down low. Stevenson will get in foul trouble.

 

:confused: U.K. slowed the pace, controlled tempo and on a lot of sets went to the end of the shot clock before taking a shot.

I have to add my congrats to U.K. I'm not a fan by no means but I watched this game and found myself rooting for them to pull it out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.