Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 63 Kentucky 60

Featured Replies

I am very proud of the way the cats played without their big man. If they beat Florida, and win at least 1 game in the SEC tourny, I think that UK could get about a 10 of 11 seed in the NCAA.

  • Replies 153
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great effort by the Cats, nothing to hang their heads over, but, finally, without something happening in the SEC Tourney: NO-MORE-LOFTON!!!!!

 

Never have disliked a guy more for something that didn't happen. The media made me want this guy to fail, but, aside from Lofton being brought up to us with Miller on the roster, and being from the same school, he's done against the Cats!

Win or lose, this was the best part of the day!

This could very easily be a preview for the SEC title game.

UK will be in before Ole Miss unless they make a run in the SEC tourney.

 

True. I think Ole Miss is out unless they make the finals of the SEC tourney or win it. I think if they make the finals and win their last two games they would have 23 or 24 wins and would be tough to keep out. Even at 7-9 in the league.

 

I think right now they are out.

 

Locks are Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Vandy

 

Bubble is Florida, Kentucky, Arkansas, and a stretch for Ole Miss.

 

I think the SEC will still get 6 bids, even though they probably only deserve 5.

One of the announcers today said that UK/Florida is basically a play-in game with the winner going to the NCAA and the loser going to the NIT. That is an interesting perspective.

One of the announcers today said that UK/Florida is basically a play-in game with the winner going to the NCAA and the loser going to the NIT. That is an interesting perspective.

 

I could agree with that.

I could agree with that.

 

I could see that, as well. UK could really help its case by beating USC on the road first, though.

One of the announcers today said that UK/Florida is basically a play-in game with the winner going to the NCAA and the loser going to the NIT. That is an interesting perspective.

 

The Florida vs. Tennessee game is more important to Florida than the UK game IMO.

The Florida vs. Tennessee game is more important to Florida than the UK game IMO.

 

Florida has about a 10% chance of beating UT. They will not be able to control the tempo like UK was able to do.

Should UK be fortunate enough to win their next 2, this game is going to make it hard for the NCAA to use the "no PP" factor.

I think they showed they belong if they can close with a pair of wins because of how they played.

Plus all the other bubble teams have been bad down the stretch.

I could see that, as well. UK could really help its case by beating USC on the road first, though.

 

They have to win against USC or the Florida game means nothing. The commitee will not overlook another loss outside the top 100 regardless if they beat Florida and win 1 in the SECT.

As bad as UT played, Kentucky should have won this game but couldn't pull it out.

 

I don't think a loss should be a moral victory though.

 

UT doesn't have a solitified big man and the uptempo pace of UT favored UK. When Uk faces a team with a good big man they'll be in trouble not having PP down low. Stevenson will get in foul trouble.

That is how you beat UT.

Slow the pace.

Handle pressure, work the clock and take it to them.

On defense, deny Lofton as much as possible, and make them work for shots because they will take bad shots...they will take quick ones and are somewhat undisciplined because when the tempo is up and down, you can get away with some wild shots, but in a half court type of game, they will struggle.

UK worked gameplan to a T...

BCG coached with, if not outcoaching, Pearl today.

Now that is the game they all came to play you have to watch for the let down against USC. That could come. I am not trying to be negative but they have had let downs this year. They are a tough team and I admire how hard they played today. But it was still a loss and we need wins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.