March 3, 200818 yr Vols pick up a varbal from Top 30 '09 big man Kenny Hall after the game. 6'8" PF from Georgia...
March 3, 200818 yr Great effort by the Cats today--they were all guts and effort. Whether they make the NCAA or not I can't help but think that Patterson's injury may actually help UK in the long run (as long as he comes back healthy). In today's game Jasper, Harris and Stevenson really tried to assert themselves offensively and I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe by not having Patterson in there some of the mistakes that those three would have made next season, when they have to play a larger scoring role, will be made now. It might cost UK an NCAA appearance but it could really help out in the future. Great effort by the Cats today--it'll take that from now on out to have a chance to win.
March 3, 200818 yr I am still in absolute shock over the way UK played today the guts and determination was unreal. I think they have to win their next two games to have a shot at the big dance, I hope they can do that because they really deserve a shot in the tournament.
March 3, 200818 yr UK played great cosidering they were without the best freshman in the SEC(IMO). I was worried that this was going to be a blowout but they really stuck in there and played with a ton of heart.
March 3, 200818 yr I was just listening to BCG's radio show, and he actually almost broke down when he started talking about this team and how tough they are and how special they are and have become. It about made Tom Leach lose it too. BCG said this has been one of his favorite teams to be around, because they have become such a close TEAM, and have had to deal with so much adverstiy, but continue to lay it on the line. IMO BCG's style and demeanor and blue collar aproach is going to be a great match made with the UK faithful. I am really excited with the direction of our basketball program. :thumb:
March 3, 200818 yr This could be my favorite UK team.. Who would've thought I'd be saying that about a team who might not even make the tournament? I love these guys.
March 3, 200818 yr This could be my favorite UK team.. Who would've thought I'd be saying that about a team who might not even make the tournament? I love these guys. I reserve a favorite U.K. team that didn't make the tournament to Pelphry, Farmer, Feldhaus, Woods and crew that played in Pitino's first couple of years at U.K..........."that team was the definition of hard work, hustle and determination", Truly they lived up to the nickname that they came to be known as, "The Unforgettables" :ylsuper:
March 3, 200818 yr Stevenson is gonna be a player. I agree. Great effort by the Cats today--they were all guts and effort. Whether they make the NCAA or not I can't help but think that Patterson's injury may actually help UK in the long run (as long as he comes back healthy). In today's game Jasper, Harris and Stevenson really tried to assert themselves offensively and I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe by not having Patterson in there some of the mistakes that those three would have made next season, when they have to play a larger scoring role, will be made now. It might cost UK an NCAA appearance but it could really help out in the future. Great effort by the Cats today--it'll take that from now on out to have a chance to win. :thumb: Another good post that I absolutely agree with.
March 3, 200818 yr I reserve a favorite U.K. team that didn't make the tournament to Pelphry, Farmer, Feldhaus, Woods and crew that played in Pitino's first couple of years at U.K..........."that team was the definition of hard work, hustle and determination", Truly they lived up to the nickname that they came to be known as, "The Unforgettables" :ylsuper: :thumb: You got that right!
March 3, 200818 yr Vols pick up a varbal from Top 30 '09 big man Kenny Hall after the game. 6'8" PF from Georgia... Also picked up a verbal from '08 point guard Daniel West.
March 3, 200818 yr Also picked up a verbal from '08 point guard Daniel West. I wish I was 2010 PG Stevie Taylor. His dad is very well connected, and he's been to great games across the region all season. If Taylor can grow even a little, he's going to be really, really good at his school of choice. I am very far from a fan of Bruce Pearl, but the guy knows what he is doing on many fronts. We'll see if the few flaws make perception a reality soon enough...
March 3, 200818 yr I wish I was 2010 PG Stevie Taylor. His dad is very well connected, and he's been to great games across the region all season. If Taylor can grow even a little, he's going to be really, really good at his school of choice. I am very far from a fan of Bruce Pearl, but the guy knows what he is doing on many fronts. We'll see if the few flaws make perception a reality soon enough... I like what he brings to the SEC. Makes the conference more competitive. If Billy Clyde can recruit like I hope he can, there should be some great games for years to come with Florida,Tennessee, and Kentucky. Is Pearl in the running for this Taylor kid? Where's the kid from?
March 3, 200818 yr I wish I was 2010 PG Stevie Taylor. His dad is very well connected, and he's been to great games across the region all season. If Taylor can grow even a little, he's going to be really, really good at his school of choice. I am very far from a fan of Bruce Pearl, but the guy knows what he is doing on many fronts. We'll see if the few flaws make perception a reality soon enough... I heard they were recruiting a 5* pg out of Memphis for '10 but never did hear a name.
March 3, 200818 yr Stevie Taylor is from Columbus and is a major PG prospect for 2010. Right now he's still a bit small (yes I am bigger than this kid :irked: :lol:) , but I've seen him give major level guards fits in summer open gym sessions. UC, UT, OSU, X, IU and so on are involved. If KC Ross Miller continues to have eligibility concerns, UK will jump in the mix as well...
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.