March 2, 200818 yr BCG has put his stamp on this squad. They play and act like family. To hear PP talk about how they kind of mourned as a family over losing him for the season and now this? The future is bright.
March 2, 200818 yr Should UK be fortunate enough to win their next 2, this game is going to make it hard for the NCAA to use the "no PP" factor. My first thoughts as well.
March 2, 200818 yr Great guts shown by the Cats. I thought Joe's three was down. They could've quit like the Vandy game but they stuck in there. I don't think there's any doubt if we had PP we would've won? Anyways, got to get these last two confrence wins. If they do thier in the big dance. Harris and Stevenson played excellent. Jasper has really developed his shot also.
March 2, 200818 yr Great game, great effort. UK proved that they are still a serviceable team without Patterson. They needed to show that to the committee. Now they need to get back to doing what I felt they needed to do before: Beat USC & Florida and win at least one in the SEC tournament. If UK was 3-2 w/o Patterson, with one loss being to the #1 team on the road and the other being in the semifinals of the SEC Tournament, they'd be 19-12 overall, and I think that might be enough. A loss to USC would be more damaging, but the win over Florida is more important. UK still cannot afford to lose at home.
March 2, 200818 yr They just need to be 11-5 in the conference, IMO (and the opinion of 80% of the analysts on CBS and ESPN). So if they are 17-12 regular season they get in??? I disagree. The SEC is not strong enough this season to get in at 17-12 (especially with two bad losses). If they go 1-1 in the next two games, IMO they would have to win 3 in the SEC tourney if they are the three in the SEC east to make it into the dance (which would make UK 20-13) They might make it in in that same scenario with 19 wins, but would be one of the last in for sure. If they go 2-0 in the last two, most likely the east two seed in the SEC (18-11) I think they can get in with 1 win in the SEC tourney, two SEC tourney wins and they would be a lock at 20-12.
March 2, 200818 yr Lofton improves to 3-5 against UK in his career... 2-6 sure would have been sweet.
March 2, 200818 yr This was a great game. They definately laid it on the line, and made everyone proud. These CATS are tough, I just hope they can continue to hit big shots down the stretch of the rest of their games. This was the best execution of a game plan I have seen in a long time. I am listening to Ramon Harris on the Radio, and he talking about brotherhood and playing as a family and how tite they are as a group. This is the sign of great COACHING. Let's go get these last two and make the NCAA.
March 2, 200818 yr KY loses to Tennessee and we've almost made it through the whole first page with no negative posts! :scared:
March 2, 200818 yr So if they are 17-12 regular season they get in??? I disagree. The SEC is not strong enough this season to get in at 17-12 (especially with two bad losses). If they go 1-1 in the next two games, IMO they would have to win 3 in the SEC tourney if they are the three in the SEC east to make it into the dance (which would make UK 20-14) They might make it in in that same scenario with 19 wins, but would be one of the last in for sure. If they go 2-0 in the last two, most likely the east two seed in the SEC (18-11) I think they can get in with 1 win in the SEC tourney, two SEC tourney wins and they would be a lock at 20-12. The committee's objective is to put the teams that are playing the best in the tourney. Its going to be hard to leave UK out if they are 11-5 in the SEC. I think 12-4 would seal it.
March 2, 200818 yr Should UK be fortunate enough to win their next 2, this game is going to make it hard for the NCAA to use the "no PP" factor. Excellent point.
March 2, 200818 yr The committee's objective is to put the teams that are playing the best in the tourney. Its going to be hard to leave UK out if they are 11-5 in the SEC. I think 12-4 would seal it. 11-5 and a first round loss in the SEC tournament will not cut it.
March 2, 200818 yr The committee's objective is to put the teams that are playing the best in the tourney. Its going to be hard to leave UK out if they are 11-5 in the SEC. I think 12-4 would seal it. I agree 12-4 just about locks up a bid and one win in the SEC tourney would lock it up.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.