Scott County 75 Henry Clay 62

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was right behind the Herald Leader media table and did not see (or hear) any of that. I am from northern KY and don't really care either way, however, the Henry Clay coach acted like a fool the entire game. Perhaps when he was down by 3 and had called timeout he would have been better off preparing his team than worrying about getting someone removed. At least 45 seconds of that timeout was wasted on whatever the issue was.

I did see the dialogue after the game and heard he HC coach telling the Scott player that he was "good, but dirty." No matter what the previous obscenities, that was a little over the top.

Was right behind the Herald Leader media table and did not see (or hear) any of that. I am from northern KY and don't really care either way, however, the Henry Clay coach acted like a fool the entire game. Perhaps when he was down by 3 and had called timeout he would have been better off preparing his team than worrying about getting someone removed. At least 45 seconds of that timeout was wasted on whatever the issue was.

I did see the dialogue after the game and heard he HC coach telling the Scott player that he was "good, but dirty." No matter what the previous obscenities, that was a little over the top.

:thumb:

I like Coach Brown, and am proud of what he is doing at Henry Clay. I can't comment on what went on Wednesday night, because I wasn't close enough to hear everything personally. I've heard a lot of rumors, and seen the back and forth on this thread. But some of what has been alleged seems out of character for Coach Brown.

A lot of coaches get intense and say/do things during a game. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. The line between intense coaching, and "over the top" is very subjective. I've sat behind hundreds of high school benches the last 20+ years. Almost every game, a coach says or does something that he or she can be criticized for.

Take tonight for example.... Coach Hicks lost it tonight against Station, and it hurt his team I thought. The "T" gave Station 5 points right before the half, and stalled the Scott Co comeback. Coaches have good nights and bad nights too I guess.

Fans is short for fanatics. Guess we all see things through rose colored glasses.

No matter what he does away from the court, he should act like he has it together on the court. Good for him if he does those things. Coach Hicks and Coach Feldhaus dont taunt and berate the other team and coaches, they show a little respect. Not to mention they have their team under control in that they actually run offenses and set plays. As I have stated many times, a big part of Henry Clay's lack of success would appear to be they have no semblance of order on the floor on offense. It's one on one every time down the floor.

I am from Bell Co. I live in Lexington and like to watch games in the 11th region. It's nothing about being a "fan" of anyone.

I apologize to NO ONE for my opinions.

Your obviously a poster with an agenda. I know Coach Brown and know he is a fine person and excellent coach. Kind of funny that you don't express the same outrage at Hicks behavior last night.

Your obviously a poster with an agenda. I know Coach Brown and know he is a fine person and excellent coach. Kind of funny that you don't express the same outrage at Hicks behavior last night.

Agenda? I have nothing against Coach Brown or Henry Clay. I just dont think he has done a very good job coaching them and that he gets a little out of line sometimes. By out of line, he is apt to do or say things to coaches, players, and fans. Just not very classy.

As I have stated in the game thread, it seemed like Hicks hurt the team last night and it wasnt his best coached game. I think I said those exact words. I think its one thing to go at the refs, every coach does that. It's another to go at players, etc.